Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 02:52 PM)
The last guy on twitter said"Rush at their finest" and "I haven't had goosebumps like this in years" . Now I an totally pumped. This is going to blow SnA out of the water. And 7 and a half minutes long to boot. 653.gif

I dunno - could have just been a fanboi laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 28 2012, 03:05 PM)
The last guy on twitter said"Rush at their finest" and "I haven't had goosebumps like this in years" . Now I an totally pumped. This is going to blow SnA out of the water. And 7 and a half minutes long to boot. 653.gif

Well....that's two fanboi's now that have said awesome. Maybe Roadrunner is paying them off tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 03:07 PM)

Well....that's two fanboi's now that have said awesome. Maybe Roadrunner is paying them off tongue.gif

People said the same stuff about S&A, and that did NOT work out too well for me, so my opinion is all that matters. Im not going to get all fired up about what some other random dudes think.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 28 2012, 03:12 PM)

People said the same stuff about S&A, and that did NOT work out too well for me, so my opinion is all that matters. Im not going to get all fired up about what some other random dudes think.

Yup - that's what I am saying. If you get tooo hyped, no way this is going to live up to your expectations.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 28 2012, 03:14 PM)

Yup - that's what I am saying. If you get tooo hyped, no way this is going to live up to your expectations.

I hope to god it's awesome, but Rush fans are freaking crazy sometimes. They were going bezerk when some leaks for S&A got out which got me all fired up, then I heard it and all I could do was sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 28 2012, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 28 2012, 03:14 PM)

I hope to god it's awesome, but Rush fans are freaking crazy sometimes. They were going bezerk when some leaks for S&A got out which got me all fired up, then I heard it and all I could do was sarcasm.gif

I remember reading a lot of journalists comments after the SnA listening party as I was following it on RIAB but I don't remember anybody saying Rush at their finest or anything to that extreme. I remember a journalist giving a track by track review and he liked it but he wasn't gushing like today's tweeters were. It gives me hope but I will still wait and decide for myself. If it is as good(or better) than the first two tracks I will be thrilled. 2.gif

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 28 2012, 03:38 PM)
Was Twitter even around prior to S&A's release?

I didn't read the comments on twitter. I think they were just qoutes or various mini reviews from newspapers and such. I do remember searching for reactions kind of like what I'm doing now laugh.gif

"Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets". It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July."

source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Mar 28 2012, 03:43 PM)

"Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets". It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July."

source:

Well, there ya have it haha. I don't even remember it being around back then. Maybe it didn't really explode until later.

source:

or you could've just posted 'no' (w/link) tongue.gif

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 28 2012, 03:46 PM)

source:

Well, there ya have it haha. I don't even remember it being around back then. Maybe it didn't really explode until later.

"The company experienced rapid growth. It had 400,000 tweets posted per quarter in 2007. This grew to 100 million tweets posted per quarter in 2008. In February 2010, Twitter users were sending 50 million tweets per day.[33] By March 2010, the company recorded over 70,000 registered applications.[34] As of June 2010, about 65 million tweets were posted each day, equaling about 750 tweets sent each second, according to Twitter.[35] As of March 2011, that was about 140 million tweets posted daily.[36] As noted on Compete.com, Twitter moved up to the third-highest-ranking social networking site in January 2009 from its previous rank of twenty-second."

From RIAB:

UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received information that Headlong First will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 28 2012, 03:51 PM)
From RIAB:

UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received information that Headlong First will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release.

Why does everyone keep referring to this as the "first" single?