Goober Re-works Rush Studio Album Covers

rushgoober

Ok, upon request I am showing my reworked photoshopped Rush studio album covers, a project I started years ago, but never finished until now. I've done most of them, but not all of them, so some will come in the next couple of days or so, but here are a few to start with.

Please note these are not meant to IMPROVE on the covers, but are merely my personal RE-IMAGINING of these covers using my own personal esthetics. I realize not all of these will be for everyone, but I'd still love your comments regardless.

Some covers have minor alterations, and some have a lot. Each post will have both the original cover and my alternate version. Hope you enjoy! smile.gif

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush -- An improvement, but makes it look a little dated. Would make a great t-shirt though!

Fly by Night -- dreamier

Caress of Steel -- figured you would've "corrected" this one to look like steel, the way the band intended. Still pretty cool.

2112--eh... prefer the original.

Thanks for sharing! biggrin.gif 2.gif

Edited by wilb1972

Thanks for sharing these, goobs. The psychedelic take on the original doesn't work well for me, and I'm too attached to the green 'n gold of the original Caress to ever want it to be presented in different shades. But I dig your 2112; I like your color choices there, and it's nice to see what I've always thought of as a fairly dull cover done up with a bit more luster.

You like blue, don't cha? haha

I think most of them are interesting reimaginations. The work on Fly By Night makes the image far more vibrant, which is nice. The colors in the 2.gif logo, while very cool, stands in contrast with the plainness of the explosion lines. Maybe give them some color too? Just a suggestion, but I look forward to seeing more new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (zogoto @ Mar 8 2012, 08:43 AM)
You like blue, don't cha? haha

I think most of them are interesting reimaginations. The work on Fly By Night makes the image far more vibrant, which is nice. The colors in the 2.gif logo, while very cool, stands in contrast with the plainness of the explosion lines. Maybe give them some color too? Just a suggestion, but I look forward to seeing more new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That was just too hard. I basically was trying to take a bad cover and at least do something different with it - just too much damn pink!

First two are nice.

2112, you took all the anger out of it! Think about what the album represents and get back to the drawing board man!!

Caress of steel, I think you've improved on the original!

Ged forgive me, but I just had to do something about the never-should-have-been man ass that dominates this cover.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rushgoober6/hemispheresoriginal.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rushgoober6/rushhemispherescomplete2.jpg

AFTK -- Interesting - the color is more vibrant.

Hemispheres -- LOL -- now if you could just colorize Ms. Oolala, or make the whole thing black and white ... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 8 2012, 12:16 PM)
Ged forgive me, but I just had to do something about the never-should-have-been man ass that dominates this cover.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rushgoober6/hemispheresoriginal.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rushgoober6/rushhemispherescomplete2.jpg

applaudit.gif

Nice!

cool10.gif Yeah Man , Like , like the color Blue is , is Far Out Baby cool10.gif