New Orleans SAINTS official thread 2012-13

treeduck

SHIT! It looks like Brees is gonna get tagged... wacko.gif

Which means Nicks will get signed by the Cowboys, Colston will be off to the Patriots, Meachem is off to the Redskins and Porter is off to the Raiders! sad.gif

ESPN want to take ALL our players so they can write about the Packers and the Eagles all the time...

angry.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 29 2012, 02:27 PM)
SHIT! It looks like Brees is gonna get tagged... wacko.gif

Which means Nicks will get signed by the Cowboys, Colston will be off to the Patriots, Meachem is off to the Redskins and Porter is off to the Raiders! sad.gif

ESPN want to take ALL our players so they can write about the Packers and the Eagles all the time...

angry.gif

I've heard of mood swings, but I've never seen that much of a change in perspective from the thread subtitle to the first post!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Feb 29 2012, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Feb 29 2012, 02:27 PM)
SHIT! It looks like Brees is gonna get tagged...  wacko.gif

Which means Nicks will get signed by the Cowboys, Colston will be off to the Patriots, Meachem is off to the Redskins and Porter is off to the Raiders!  sad.gif

angry.gif

I've heard of mood swings, but I've never seen that much of a change in perspective from the thread subtitle to the first post!

wacko.gif

Maybe it won't be as bad as that, but you'd think they would have signed Brees by now after two years of negotiations. It's not like we've got an Aaron Rodgers or Matt Flynn to fall back on.

They could be waiting for the salary cap figure to be announced of course...

I was so furious about that 09-10 NFC championship game!!! Not only did the refs screw the Vikings out of the win, but the Saints were playing downright FILTHY football.

My biggest problem with the NFL is the absolute lack of honor and sportsmanship. I like Drew Brees and the Saints offense, but their Defense is so dirty.

Wonder if Loomis thinks Daniel is better.

If the Saints were hoping to narrow the gap in contract negotiations with free agent quarterback Drew Brees, leading with insults, as reported by Yahoo! Sports, might not be the best strategy.

Brees was recently labeled a "very good" quarterback by Saints general manager Mickey Loomis, who was responding to Brees, an unrestricted free agent, being called great.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Mar 2 2012, 05:36 PM)
I was so furious about that 09-10 NFC championship game!!! Not only did the refs screw the Vikings out of the win, but the Saints were playing downright FILTHY football.

My biggest problem with the NFL is the absolute lack of honor and sportsmanship. I like Drew Brees and the Saints offense, but their Defense is so dirty.

If they did that I agree with you.

It appears to be the idea of Gregg Williams.

The defense hasn't been that good and should be gutted and rebuilt...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 2 2012, 07:47 PM)

If the Saints were hoping to narrow the gap in contract negotiations with free agent quarterback Drew Brees, leading with insults, as reported by Yahoo! Sports, might not be the best strategy.

Brees was recently labeled a "very good" quarterback by Saints general manager Mickey Loomis, who was responding to Brees, an unrestricted free agent, being called great.

I think we'll make a deal at the eleventh hour, probably $21 million a year over 5 or 6 years...

We'll but the non-exclusive tag on Nicks, if the Cowboys or the Bears want him they can pay him and give us 2 first round draft picks...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 3 2012, 06:10 AM)

I think we'll make a deal at the eleventh hour, probably $21 million a year over 5 or 6 years...

We'll but the non-exclusive tag on Nicks, if the Cowboys or the Bears want him they can pay him and give us 2 first round draft picks...

trink38.gif

That deal will hurt your team in the long run. With the new structure of the salary cap, $21 million is too much for any player.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 3 2012, 10:07 AM)

trink38.gif

That deal will hurt your team in the long run. With the new structure of the salary cap, $21 million is too much for any player.

Well yeah but Condon is asking for $24 million and Brees already turned down $18...

Maybe it'll end up $19 million...

confused13.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 3 2012, 01:28 PM)

trink38.gif

Well yeah but Condon is asking for $24 million and Brees already turned down $18...

confused13.gif

The good news is that in honor of the newly departed Gregg Williams, the Saints D has put a bounty on Brees' agent.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 3 2012, 04:02 PM)

trink38.gif

confused13.gif

The good news is that in honor of the newly departed Gregg Williams, the Saints D has put a bounty on Brees' agent.

...but Condon will escape with a Marshawn Lynch-like run through ten guys...

banghead.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 3 2012, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 3 2012, 04:02 PM)

trink38.gif

confused13.gif

...but Condon will escape with a Marshawn Lynch-like run through ten guys...

banghead.gif

Doubt that will happen but since he's an agent he might be able to slip through their grasp like a greased pig.

Evidence piling up against Gregg Williams?

March, 4, 2012

By Mike Sando

News the NFL's bounty investigation will expand from New Orleans to Washington cannot be good for the St. Louis Rams' new defensive coordinator.

Gregg Williams was coordinating the Saints' and Redskins' defenses when those teams' defensive players allegedly earned extra cash for knocking out opponents. And with similar revelations coming out from Buffalo, where Williams was once head coach, Williams appears additionally vulnerable to NFL discipline.

Williams' cooperation with the NFL's investigation into the Saints, signaled by his recent statement of contrition, will presumably help his cause. However, Williams' cooperation with investigations into the Redskins and/or Bills would seem to work against him.

Williams is in prime position to cooperate with the Saints investigation. He no longer works for the team, so he would not face internal pressure to withhold information. Williams loses nothing if the Saints incur fines or lose draft choices. The league obviously has much invested in making an example of the Saints, adding value to whatever Williams can tell them. But if the NFL determines Williams was a driving force behind bounty systems in Washington and Buffalo, then what?

Coy Wire, a former safety for the Bills during Williams' tenure there, described a culture of "malicious intent" toward opposing players, according to the Buffalo News. Another teammate said the culture was mostly player-driven.

"There were rewards," Wire told the News. "There never was a point where cash was handed out in front of the team. But surely, you were going to be rewarded. When somebody made a big hit that hurt an opponent, it was commended and encouraged."

The NFL will have to determine just how far it wants to go in changing the culture of its game. Formal bounty systems obviously cross the line. But if a pass-rusher could privately guarantee knocking out the opposing quarterback every week, let's face it, that player would rank among the highest-paid in the league. Punishing quarterbacks will always be a top priority.

Former Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington, appearing on Sirius radio, framed what happened during his Washington tenure within the broader NFL culture.

"My intent was to deliver what would be considered a kill shot within the framework of what football is," Arrington said. "Not trying to hurt somebody or injure them, but again, the reality that exists, we all know what happens in pileups, from the names that are called during pileups to what ankles might get turned, private parts get punched and grabbed, people get scratched. There are a lot of things that go on."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...-gregg-williams