05 - Best Song From A Farewell To Kings

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1251 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer to the Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnux X-1: Book One - The Voyage

Aww, I'm so alone in this one! But I like Madrigal a lot. Blame the recent introduction to Rush. Practically anything with me can be explained with a "NEWBIE!" stamp. blush4.gif

"Xanadu." Like "Natural Science," it's got everything that makes Rush Rush, IMO.

It was a toss-up between Xanadu and Cygnus X-1, but Cygnus won!

Xanadu. (Hence, my username)

This is my ALL TIME favorite song. It just sounds like true Rush. Everyone puts some extra effort just to make it special: Neil and his extra percussion instruments, Geddy with his electronic stuff (he also plays rhythm guitar near the solo, i think) and Alex with his singing guitar.

Other good ones off this one are AFTK, CTTH, and Cygnus.

This is probably one of my alltime favorite albums.

This is probably my second or third favorite Rush albums because every song in this cd rocks!!!

I picked Xanadu becuase for the past week its been my favorite on the album. It could have just as easily been Cinderella Man, A farewell to Kings, or Closer to the heart. To me those are 4 classic songs that will always live on.

I picked Xanadu because its one of my favorite all time Rush songs becuase of the excellent flow of instrumentals and lyrics. I think it's amazing how they got this from a poem called Kubla Khan which is about a magical place. The vocals by Geddy are supurb as usual! But the instrumentals, damn, has to be one of my favorites in any Rush song. It flows so nicely, the change-ups are phenomenal. Just all put together its a great song. A Farewell to Kings used to be my favorite just because of the lyrics and the flow of the song. However, I also like Cinderella Man and Closer to the Heart mostly becuase of the theme.