Clothes

Tick

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 22 2012, 03:48 PM)
My preferred clothing is sweat pants and a t-shirt, so no, I don't care.

that was me up until about age 16 laugh.gif

I wore sweats everywhere - school, church, wherever!

• Like 1

I care... at times.

It really depends on my mood and/or how motivated I am. Yes, I put together some kind of an outfit each morning, and I dress more nicely for things like interviews, church, formal-ish events, etc.. but if I'm just going to class I end up wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt, a jacket, and a pair of boots. (Skinny jeans usually because other pants get caught on my bike chain.)

I guess my big thing is shoes. I've never paid more than $35 for a pair because I buy so many. I've got four pairs of boots I wear, a few flats, two sets of heels, two pairs of tennis shoes, some other shoes, and flip-flops I rarely wear. And those are the ones I brought to Lincoln with me.

Also, t-shirts. Usually I get them because they reflect something I like - Star Trek, Stargate, RUSH, a colour, etc.. But I love tunics too. And dresses when appropriate. Sometimes, there's nothing like a pretty dress and a sharp pair of heels to make ya feel like a million bucks.

I'd say I'm pretty fashion conscious.

I'm always told I have a good eye and people like my individual sense of fashion.

You can be comfortable in fashionable clothing and shoes. I have on occasion sacrificed comfort for style though.

You have to know where and WHEN to shop. End of season sales are great to get stuff to wear now and probably next year for really cheap because they need to make room for the new stuff.

I do have a few pieces in my collection I did spend possibly way too much money for, but I use them as key pieces to accentuate a look.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 22 2012, 05:29 PM)
You have to know where and WHEN to shop. End of season sales are great to get stuff to wear now and probably next year for really cheap because they need to make room for the new stuff.

I do have a few pieces in my collection I did spend possibly way too much money for, but I use them as key pieces to accentuate a look.

+ Over 9000

Words to live by. yes.gif

Except you do have to be careful when buying off-season. Once I bought a prom dress early in the year, then gained a couple pounds, and then had to lose 'em so I could fit! Oi, what a mess.

I firmly believe that the most important articles of clothing are socks, underwear, and shoes. I think you should never go too cheap on those. They protect and serve the most important parts of your body and skimping on quality just to save 10 bucks isn't worth it. But that doesn't mean I go out and buy designer clothing (because, in terms of comfort, some of those brands are just as shitty as the more cheaply priced items).

Favorite brand of shoes: Merrell. They're just comfortable as all hell.

T-shirts: I don't mind what brand it is as long as it's comfortable. Some 5 dollar t-shirts I've bought have been just as decent as $30 ones.

For work I basically wear a suit and tie (minus the tie depending on the day). I don't HAVE TO do that but dressing professionally goes a long way in terms of respect in these parts.

Jeans. Do not care if they are designer as long as they fit well (hipsters, please, def. no mom jeans), and don't have a lot of fancy-schmancy stitching and shit on the rear pockets. Also I think the "pre-distressed" ones are stupid-looking.

I have a weakness for a brand of shoe made in France - Mephisto. They make some of the coolest looking sneakers but most of all they are COMFY. They do retail for around $200-$400, but I've gotten several pair off of eBay, new, for no more than $50. Some pairs I have are going on 4 years old and still look new.

Fashion just bores the hell out of me. I hate shopping and do it as little as possible. I'm so grateful I don't have to dress up for work - I can stick to jeans or Dockers and a nice sweater or fitted polo. The last time I wore a dress was at my own wedding (9 years ago today, in fact), and I do not own a pair of heels. If I need them, my mom has the same size foot as me. So I'll borrow.

I just feel uncomfortable all dressed up, always have. Like I'm wearing someone else's skin.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 22 2012, 07:44 PM)
Favorite brand of shoes: Merrell. They're just comfortable as all hell.

This. My boyfriend teases me because I wear the same pair EVERYWHERE - hiking, work, out. Every once in a while I'll wear my knockoff Geddy shoes or flip flops in the summer, but if I'm going to be walking any distance, it's the Merrells. I'm diabetic and must have related foot issues, because if I wear anything less comfortable, I cry myself to sleep with the pain.

Back in high school in the 80's, I begged my parents to buy me Benetton, The Limited, and Esprit (remember those?) because I went to a high school full of rich kids who bullied pretty badly if you wore anything else. Now that I don't have to worry about that...

Luckily, my sister, niece, cousin, and co-workers give me a lot of clothes. Most of them are Eddie Bauer-type stuff that's very nice. I haven't bought anything for myself in a long time. I did buy myself a pair of black knit pants at the dollar store which are really comfy, but shrank and are way too short. I bought some L.L. Bean lined jeans that are warm and great for hiking, but they're not exactly the height of fashion! I'm running into the problem of needing to go shopping soon, because I've gained a lot of weight and am growing out of a lot of stuff.

So, in summary, I'd probably not shop at the dollar store again, and Walmart clothes just look like they wouldn't fit right/last too long, but I don't have the money to buy designer, either, unless it was way on sale. I have splurged on some of my Rush clothes.

I detest having to wear business casual to work, and I look terrible in anything feminine the older I get. I wish I could get a job where I could wear jeans and T-shirts.

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 22 2012, 05:03 AM)
How important are the brands of clothes you wear? Do you spend a lot on one pair of jeans or whatever?
I love nice clothes but just don't want to spend too much any one item. I went shopping for new work clothes last night and bought a lot of clearance stuff. I would rather spend 20 bucks on jeans than 40 or more. I'd rather spend 10 bucks on a clearance sweater, then 40 on one that's not on sale. I won't buy something I don't like, but I won't over pay for clothes. There are too many other things I would rather spend money on.
I generally shop at Kohls or JC Pennys. They have decent stuff for a decent price.

This yes.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 22 2012, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Feb 22 2012, 03:48 PM)
My preferred clothing is sweat pants and a t-shirt, so no, I don't care.

that was me up until about age 16 laugh.gif

I wore sweats everywhere - school, church, wherever!

16? I'll wear my sweats/athletic pants till I leave college! 1287.gif

Well, I love fashion, dressing up, following trends, etc. I know for many on this board, this is a foreign concept, but it's something I enjoy. It's a way to express myself and my personality, plus when I dress well and enjoy what I am wearing, my whole day is different. Basically, if I feel good in what I am wearing, I feel good about other parts in my day. If I am dressed sloppily, I find it tends to reflect my actions, and others on me (fair or not). This is why I am 1000% opposed to wearing pajama pants in public, but that's another story...

Do brands and designers matter to me? Yes, but only from personal experiences with those brands (i.e. positive ones):

Personally, it really depends on what type of clothing and how much I pay attention to brands and cost/quality. For good quality basics, I am willing to spend more and go for a better brand because I know it will last longer (style and product). Examples are LL Bean clothing, my Michael Kors handbag, a good interview/work suit and most of my running gear - particularly winter running gear since keeping warm while running outside for an hour plus is very important. Running shoes is something else I can not cheapen out on given my injury history.

When it comes to trendy items, I can go as cheap as they come. I recently bought a cute belt a few weeks ago in a mint color - it wasn't even $10. Now, if I wanted a rugged brown wear-everywhere belt, I would be willing to spend more, but since mint is a trendy color, why spend all the money on that? It suits my needs for the "time being" and I am rarely short a buck because of it. Each season I usually go shopping to stock up on what's hot, but I am anal about the budget - hitting sales, using coupons, getting items for cheap, but that don't look cheap. It's a science; consider me a PhD holder wink.gif

I live in Jeans, tee-shirts,polos or long sleeve cotton shirts,

and white socks, boots,and a black or brown hoodie....

simple clothes for simple , comfortable living.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Clothes today are awful. Where I live the clothes are for 16 year olds or 80 year olds, and nothing in-between.

I end up wearing things that are starting to fall apart. I'm glad I own a lot of long cardigans and blazers. I spend more time in Goodwill and Sally's these days. It is just more interesting to find something there. The mall can kiss my ass.

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 22 2012, 02:34 PM)
I shopped there last night and the girl says..."thank you for shopping at Kohls, you saved 275.00 dollars on your purchase."

ohmy.gif HOW MUCH DID YOU BUY ?????????

atickhum.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 23 2012, 05:47 PM)
I shopped there last night and the girl says..."thank you for shopping at Kohls, you saved 275.00 dollars on your purchase."

atickhum.gif

9 new shirts. confused13.gif

I have a new job dude! No more Lowe's!!!! My last day was Monday!!!! I'm back with Flooring America!!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 23 2012, 04:52 PM)

atickhum.gif

I have a new job dude! No more Lowe's!!!! My last day was Monday!!!! I'm back with Flooring America!!!! 1022.gif

Congrats 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif 9 shirts cost that much ? Do they fold themselfs ? laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 23 2012, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 23 2012, 04:52 PM)

atickhum.gif

Congrats 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif 9 shirts cost that much ? Do they fold themselfs ? laugh.gif

I paid 67.00 bucks for the 9 shirts but with all the savings from the sale I saved 275.00 dollars on them. Glad I didn't pay full price. eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif

I am pumped to be out of Lowe's!!!! common001.gif

^^ Congratulations on your new job! cheer.gif

I wear a uniform at work (housekeeping at a hotel) so work cloths aren't a problem for me. I spend most of my home time in jeans and a t-shirt or a top and a jumper. I have got a couple of nicer items but don't often wear them. Space on a boat is tight so I can't go mad with clothes, plus I have to watch the pennies.

We did get Berghaus jackets but they were on sale at a factory shop. We hav found if you want good quality boots then you have to spend a bit more otherwise they just don't do the job.

I'm short so I get my jeans from Marks and Spencer. They're not expensive, they fit (just about short enough) and they last ages. I also get my underwear from there.

Of course, Gilby is 6'3" so he has the other length problem for his jeans and shoes and often has to order them from a big/tall retailers.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Feb 23 2012, 07:11 PM)
^^ Congratulations on your new job! cheer.gif

I wear a uniform at work (housekeeping at a hotel) so work cloths aren't a problem for me. I spend most of my home time in jeans and a t-shirt or a top and a jumper. I have got a couple of nicer items but don't often wear them. Space on a boat is tight so I can't go mad with clothes, plus I have to watch the pennies.

We did get Berghaus jackets but they were on sale at a factory shop. We hav found if you want good quality boots then you have to spend a bit more otherwise they just don't do the job.

I'm short so I get my jeans from Marks and Spencer. They're not expensive, they fit (just about short enough) and they last ages. I also get my underwear from there.

Of course, Gilby is 6'3" so he has the other length problem for his jeans and shoes and often has to order them from a big/tall retailers.

Thanks!

By the way...you live on a boat?

I love jeans! I'm pretty picky about the fit and lately I've spent a LOT of money on my new favorite brand. Not because of the name, but the fit and quality is the best for me. I love nice shoes and boots too!!!

I'm picky about the way my arse looks.

blush4.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Feb 22 2012, 10:41 AM)
Im at the age where who cares is my Motto. Comfortable is important.
So no i dont care about brand names.
cool.gif

yes.gif

I don't go out much so I kick around the house in comfy clothes. When I do go out, I go casual: jeans, tee, sneakers. I bought some Skechers sneakers to walk in (the ones with a rocker sole) and paid $60 for them, the most I've ever paid for shoes. I'm not a shoe-crazy gal. The most I ever spent on jeans was in Harrod's in London and even those were on sale at 29 pounds. But they are the most comfortable jeans I have ever had. I don't know what brand they are, though. (there's a leather tag with "PJ" on it)

Labels? Who cares! Comfort and quality are important. Where you shop isn't a big deal either. Heck, I've got of my best clothes at a thrift shop! laugh.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Feb 24 2012, 01:07 PM)
Anything that fits, really. I could care less.

Don't lie. There's no way you'd wear this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp2/ugotthelook/images/mc_hammer.jpg

And if you would wear that, you shouldn't!!

Besides, if you "could care less", then wouldn't that mean that you care a little at least. tongue.gif