Clothes

Tick

How important are the brands of clothes you wear? Do you spend a lot on one pair of jeans or whatever?

I love nice clothes but just don't want to spend too much any one item. I went shopping for new work clothes last night and bought a lot of clearance stuff. I would rather spend 20 bucks on jeans than 40 or more. I'd rather spend 10 bucks on a clearance sweater, then 40 on one that's not on sale. I won't buy something I don't like, but I won't over pay for clothes. There are too many other things I would rather spend money on.

I generally shop at Kohls or JC Pennys. They have decent stuff for a decent price.

Edited by Digital Man

Kohls is the way to go . Never in a million years would i spend $40 on jeans, or $100 on sneakers

Clothes? I wear them pretty much every day so ya, they're right up there...

Ha sorry.

Me I pay for quality, not names. This is with pretty much anything I buy.

I with think this would be a common trend among Rush fans.. cool.gif

I share your feelings.

I like to dress reasonably cool - I even have to look cool, it's part of my job, I'm not a prisoner in the office all the time - but I refuse to spend unconsiderate money for it. My wife and I are looking for bargains all the time, and luckyly we often find them.

And believe me, with the Pradas and the Guccis and the Armanis and the Versaces that swirl around here, most of the time I see people wearing one year of paychecks just in the week clothes.

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Feb 22 2012, 10:22 AM)
Ha sorry.

but what does this mean? You don't think some of the top brands are good quality?

I think Levis are awesome jeans, but I opt for something like Arizona Jeans or a better Wrangler(not the Walmart kind)

I think a good brand like Dockers is a great quality brand but sometimes I will go with the Kohls, Croft And Barrow brand because its much less and still looks good.

Edited by Tick

Since I spend a lot of time outdoors I'm a big Columbia fan but I do try to buy it when it's on sale. I've also found that Gander Mountain's line of GSX outdoor wear winter pants are just as good for about half the price.

I'm a Kohl's and JCPenney's shopper as well. I like a pair of good jeans - which means I don't care about faded jeans or ones with holes in them. I'm not into trends.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 22 2012, 09:17 AM)
Kohls is the way to go . Never in a million years would i spend $40 on jeans, or $100 on sneakers

goodpost.gif

Stay away from any clothes that are 'impotant' (as indicated in your sub-subject) z7shysterical.gif

Why have only guys replied in here? huh.gif

Anyway.... I buy for quality, which doesn't always mean the most expensive. And, I LOVE clothes and shoe shopping. So, have to be reasonable. There are certain things I go for the big bucks for, like a nice coat, a suit for work or a cocktail dress. But, Target is my go-to place for nice, reasonably priced work clothes and my casual clothes. And, I get a lot of my shoes at Payless. Famous Footwear is another favorite. I'd NEVER in a million years shop at a department store. They're criminally overpriced.

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 22 2012, 08:29 AM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Feb 22 2012, 10:22 AM)
Ha sorry.

but what does this mean? You don't think some of the top brands are good quality?

I think Levis are awesome jeans, but I opt for something like Arizona Jeans or a better Wrangler(not the Walmart kind)

I think a good brand like Dockers is a great quality brand but sometimes I will go with the Kohls, Croft And Barrow brand because its much less and still looks good.

I pay for brand names if I can see the quality in it.

I hear about people spending $500 on a pair of jeans and I think that's insane! Jeans should cost 30 or 40 bucks. I would spend around $100 for heavy duty work pants because I can tell I'm getting more for my money.

I definitely would spend $100 on running shoes if they're sketchers or something nice but not much more than that.

I don't wear company labels at all. If there's a shirt with a Nike logo on the front, I won't wear it. I'm picky about who I'm going to be a walking billboard for, and the company that manufactured the shirt (or pants or shoes or whatever) is almost never something I want to advertise. The only exception I make is my Kangol hat and whatever sneakers I happen to own because all sneakers have the company logo incorporated into the shoe.

Which is not to say I won't wear shirts with graphics on them - I'm wearing one of my S&A tour shirts right now. But the graphic shirts I wear, if they represent a company/band/artist/whatever - I choose them because I support the company/band/artist/whatever, not because they manufactured the shirt. Does that make sense?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 22 2012, 11:18 AM)
I don't wear company labels at all. If there's a shirt with a Nike logo on the front, I won't wear it. I'm picky about who I'm going to be a walking billboard for, and the company that manufactured the shirt (or pants or shoes or whatever) is almost never something I want to advertise. The only exception I make is my Kangol hat and whatever sneakers I happen to own because all sneakers have the company logo incorporated into the shoe.

Which is not to say I won't wear shirts with graphics on them - I'm wearing one of my S&A tour shirts right now. But the graphic shirts I wear, if they represent a company/band/artist/whatever - I choose them because I support the company/band/artist/whatever, not because they manufactured the shirt. Does that make sense?

The only thing that does Not make sense is Why you would wear a S&A tour shirt laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 22 2012, 11:21 AM)

Anyway.... I buy for quality, which doesn't always mean the most expensive. And, I LOVE clothes and shoe shopping. So, have to be reasonable. There are certain things I go for the big bucks for, like a nice coat, a suit for work or a cocktail dress. But, Target is my go-to place for nice, reasonably priced work clothes and my casual clothes. And, I get a lot of my shoes at Payless. Famous Footwear is another favorite. I'd NEVER in a million years shop at a department store. They're criminally overpriced.

I expect you to dress nice for the Marillion show. Don't skimp on Tick! atickhum.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 22 2012, 01:19 PM)

The only thing that does Not make sense is Why you would wear a S&A tour shirt laugh.gif

doh.gif

I usually shop at Carson Pierre Scott or Macy's. I live in Levi's and have a lot of Polo, Nautica, and Chaps stuff. Yes, they cost more, but I also find that they last much longer and don't shrink as bad. I also wait for really good sales. I rarely pay full price when I buy clothes. I also have a lot of Eddie Bauer casual stuff too.

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 22 2012, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 22 2012, 11:21 AM)
Why have only guys replied in here?  huh.gif

I expect you to dress nice for the Marillion show. Don't skimp on Tick! atickhum.gif

wink.gif

I shall dress to impress for the Tickster. coy.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 22 2012, 11:19 AM)

Oh SNAP! lol

What, I like it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 22 2012, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 22 2012, 11:19 AM)

Oh SNAP! lol

What, I like it! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 22 2012, 10:21 AM)

I love shopping at Kohl, but only when they have good sales.

You look at the receipt and like last time it said I paid $88 and I saved $127 laugh.gif

Just shows you how criminally overpriced stuff is at the dept stores.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Feb 22 2012, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 22 2012, 10:21 AM)
Why have only guys replied in here?  huh.gif

I love shopping at Kohl, but only when they have good sales.

You look at the receipt and like last time it said I paid $88 and I saved $127 laugh.gif

Just shows you how criminally overpriced stuff is at the dept stores.

I shopped there last night and the girl says..."thank you for shopping at Kohls, you saved 275.00 dollars on your purchase."

Very calmly I said, "yeah...ok, thanks."

atickhum.gif

I wear Wrangler jeans from Target and either concert/band or solid-colored t-shirts. For shoes I wear whatever fits me and whatever is comfortable. Since my shoe size is 14 EW/15 (depending on brand) I can't be too picky. I don't worry about brands or what's popular; I just wear what I'm comfortable with.