Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

A Farewell to Things

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 22 2012, 03:10 PM)
This movie is out today! common001.gif cheer.gif

Anyone planning on seeing it?

I love historical movies like this so I'll probably be seeing it.

laugh.gif

I don't think I have ever been bored enough to see something as asinine as this. In fact, sitting here bored off my ass at work I am still thinking "I am gonna ride this work thing out and see where that takes me."

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 22 2012, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 22 2012, 03:27 PM)
I may watch it, when I'm in a "just let them fight" mood...

trink38.gif

I am always in that kind of mood ducky.

laugh.gif

Subject matter aside, Tim Burton irritates the shit out of me with his worn out "the world is a dark and gloomy place" style. So no, I won't be seeing it.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 22 2012, 02:49 PM)
Subject matter aside, Tim Burton irritates the shit out of me with his worn out "the world is a dark and gloomy place" style. So no, I won't be seeing it.

bekloppt.gif

I agree. And that last one of his was pretty bad IMO.

But; I love movies, it's Friday, and who can honestly say that they aren't interested in watching Abraham Lincoln hunt and kill vampires?

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 22 2012, 02:14 PM)
Subject matter aside, Tim Burton irritates the shit out of me with his worn out "the world is a dark and gloomy place" style.  So no, I won't be seeing it.

I agree. And that last one of his was pretty bad IMO.

But; I love movies, it's Friday, and who can honestly say that they aren't interested in watching Abraham Lincoln hunt and kill vampires?

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 22 2012, 03:49 PM)

that and his boy toy Johnny Depp. I swear the two are lovers.

Same with Martin Scorcese and Leonardo DiCaprio.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 22 2012, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 22 2012, 03:49 PM)
Subject matter aside, Tim Burton irritates the shit out of me with his worn out "the world is a dark and gloomy place" style.  So no, I won't be seeing it.

that and his boy toy Johnny Depp. I swear the two are lovers.

Same with Martin Scorcese and Leonardo DiCaprio.

http://www.theonion.com/audio/johnny-depps...urton-en,12490/

So I saw it last Friday and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very entertaining and much better than I had hoped for. It wasn't a typical Tim Burton style that Mara was worried about. If you like action movies you'll like this one.

Also, there was quite a bit of historical facts that they tied into the story which made it fun.

I recommend it.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Feb 14 2012, 08:04 PM)
That could be true..president's are human too..we all make mistakes.
We wouldn't be the USA of today without him...that's for sure.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 25 2012, 08:50 AM)
So I saw it last Friday and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very entertaining and much better than I had hoped for. It wasn't a typical Tim Burton style that Mara was worried about. If you like action movies you'll like this one.

Also, there was quite a bit of historical facts that they tied into the story which made it fun.

I recommend it.

Who stars in it? Not Matt Damon? wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 05:04 PM)

I recommend it.

This guy:

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/24/37/Abraham%20Lincoln%20Vampire%20Slayer%208%20Alan%20Markfield.jpg

QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 17 2012, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 17 2012, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Feb 17 2012, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Feb 14 2012, 09:10 PM)
Both of them walked all over the constitution. And Lincoln liberated the slaves only to hurt the south, not out of any real moral obligation. And the south probably would have joined the Union again after a few years due to their terrible economy.

Please stop it now. Its a Tim Burton movie for f**k sake. facepalm.gif

Next up: Edward Scissorhands and its correlation with how much of a wanker John Quincy Adams was

z7shysterical.gif

If one has scissors for hands, wanking is strongly contraindicated.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 26 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2012, 05:04 PM)

I recommend it.

This guy:

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/24/37/Abraham%20Lincoln%20Vampire%20Slayer%208%20Alan%20Markfield.jpg

I'm surprised Johnny Depp didn't get the role... too short?