Dallas Cowboys

Sully thanks for the McClain update. Quite the "character". Although I do think last year he was finally getting it (other than the mystery around his house fire). I have no problem giving him another chance on a one year deal. A lot of these players come from rough backgrounds, and the best we can hope for is that they mature. Most of us have no idea of growing up in the circumstances that they did. Football was their way out, but it takes a long time to change one's basic make up. Dez is a great example. he was a punk when he came into the league - that is why he dropped in the draft. But I do believe that he has matured before our eyes. i also know that the Cowboys spend a lot of resources on guiding the players and personal development.

As for Hardy, I still don't understand the "conviction" process. It seemed pretty unilateral - the defense could not cross examine etc. So they appeal, so that they can tell their side of the story. Hardy himself was the one who called 911 and she admitted to being high on cocaine. I am NOT defending him, but there are lots of questions.

Stephena - welcome! Great to have more Cowboys fans here. I have been an avid fan since 1971. I agree about Demarco. The one thing that is not mentioned that often, is his pass protection. He was excellent. I watched him last year and you could always count on him picking up his man. That is a must for his replacement, and this is why some of the top tier prospects are sometimes overlooked. They need an all around back in the draft - maybe Jay Ajayi. I worry so much about AP. I also do not want them giving up the future for him. I believe we can get a good running game behind our O-line without him. Remember that Murray had his first real big year last year, when the O-line finally came together as one of the best in the NFL.

• Like 1

Syrinx,

thanks for the welcome, and 100% on about Murray's blocking... i meant to call that out with my 'give it to Murray...' rant but forgot as i went along.

I think they CAN be ok IF they take a top back, and i would be 100% on board with Jay Ajayi, at least from what i have read about him.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=349998

this article here mentions AD's 'dream' scenario as being a Cowboy, I just wonder what that 'dream' is worth to him.

I will take AD but only for a reasonable price, and as much of a long shot that price is, in both trade and salary, this is NOT out of the question.

I know I'm risking a :bitchslap: here, but there's no connection between Debbie Does Dallas and the Dallas Cowboys?

Jerry has done a few similar videos recently...

Nice one :D

Anyone have any ideas what is going on with Dez? Just listening to the latest on the Ticket. It doesn't look good. Maybe he won't be here long term?

I know I'm risking a :bitchslap: here, but there's no connection between Debbie Does Dallas and the Dallas Cowboys?

Jerry has done a few similar videos recently...

Nice one :D

Anyone have any ideas what is going on with Dez? Just listening to the latest on the Ticket. It doesn't look good. Maybe he won't be here long term?

You listen to the Ticket in Dallas?

Everything i have read, or have not read, basically says there is NOTHING going on with Dez, and that's the problem.

Speculation is that he will play this year under the tag and that management is waiting to see what kind of contracts other top receivers get. (julio Jones, etc...)

Dez also just fired his 'advisor' which some are saying does not bode well for Dallas keeping him long term, but I can't imagine there is anything to that.

The Cowboys seem to be playing it smart these days, but I can't imagine they would let Dez slip away, after just letting Demarco walk.

in the end Jerry still wants to sell tickets so you need some stars to do that.

also, can't you franchise a player two years in a row?

i am not too worried about this right now.

• Like 1

Everything i have read, or have not read, basically says there is NOTHING going on with Dez, and that's the problem.

Speculation is that he will play this year under the tag and that management is waiting to see what kind of contracts other top receivers get. (julio Jones, etc...)

Dez also just fired his 'advisor' which some are saying does not bode well for Dallas keeping him long term, but I can't imagine there is anything to that.

The Cowboys seem to be playing it smart these days, but I can't imagine they would let Dez slip away, after just letting Demarco walk.

in the end Jerry still wants to sell tickets so you need some stars to do that.

also, can't you franchise a player two years in a row?

i am not too worried about this right now.

If I'm not mistaken, we franchised tagged Anthony Spencer two years in a row. You may want to double check but I'm fairly sure we did.
  • Like 1

Yes I listen to the Ticket on line. Crazy Cowboys fan! And yes you can franchise two years in a row. I just know that all of the talk earlier was they would lock him up. At this point it seems that there isn't much going on. And I heard he cut ties with his advisor / father figure. Roc Nation seems to be setting up an adversarial relationship. I just woinder if there is something going on that is not in public knowledge right now. What happened to all those supposed videos that were discussed a few weeks back? I guess we will find out something today if he reports to OTA's or not.

What we are seeing here is Steven taking over in earnest and his deciding to play hardball. Steven is daddy’s boy and wants more than anything to hand Jerry another Lombardi.

This is going to be interesting.

Go Steven!

At least it's without pay...

http://www.msn.com/e...ardy/ar-AAbw3uQ

Got what he deserved. The NFL said it would crack down on domestic violence, and they backed it up.

Yes, they did. I just wish the Cowboys' front office would have taken the high road and passed on this guy. It'll take some major PR wizardry to get the team through having him on the roster.

• Like 1

At least it's without pay...

http://www.msn.com/e...ardy/ar-AAbw3uQ

Got what he deserved. The NFL said it would crack down on domestic violence, and they backed it up.

Yes, they did. I just wish the Cowboys' front office would have taken the high road and passed on this guy. It'll take some major PR wizardry to get the team through having him on the roster.

In the words of the fake Jerry Jones, "It's not like he killed anyone. Oh! Wait a minute."
  • Like 1

Again, these are gladiators people, what do we expect? Football players tend to be a bit less risk averse than normal. They are also likely to get into various and sundry trouble because of this same trait. Rather than just reacting, we should anticipate such behavior and offer solutions up front, become proactive.

Who am I kidding? The game I grew up with is long since gone, and it’s becoming less and less the game I loved every year. Maybe it is a relic and needs to pass. I’d rather it just go away than for it to continue to become so much less and less every year. It’s become a joke.

Well now we have Randy Gregory. I have mixed emotions. The guy was a steal. I just hope they can get him straightened out so he realizes the opportunity that lies ahead. I mean he already cost himself millions of dollars because he couldn't hold off smoking a joint before the combine.

IF Gregory does not self destruct he could very well be the steal of the draft. SOME, back in January, had him as the possible #1 overall pick...

anyway we will see, but if he can work out and if Hardy can get his suspension lessened and D Law having half a year to start... by the time mid year comes around we might have a pass rush that looks like what the Giants had a few years ago when they made their two runs.

watching gimpy Aaron Rodgers have all the time in the world against us last year left an impression on Jerry and the team...

OVERALL i am just OK with the draft... i really feel we are WELL short of having the running game that we will need to have the success that we had last year.

i hope i am wrong and one of the backs we have will step up and be able to be an every down back, with the others taking spot duty... but i really don't think we have THAT guy.

I agree. I wonder if McFadden will finally realize all the potential running behind the first really good O line of his career? I love Rod Marinelli. He seems to have SO much respect from his players. I get the feeling they just do not want to disappoint him. Gregory apparently had been texting him non-stop since the combine because he wanted to play for him.

McFadden's 'strength' is his speed, so IF he can hit the holes that our line is capable of making maybe he will be an/the answer, once he is in the open field he is gone... unless he trips on a line marker :-)

However, what made Murray such a good back was his patients, his ability to give that extra half step to the line so the blocks could develop.

so two different runners, two different styles, hopefully the team as a whole will adapt...

i just read that Chris Johnson (formerly of Tennessee and most recently with the Jets) told TMZ sports that he wants to be a Cowboy. Ugggggg, we don't need another washed up has been.

Edited by stephena

Collins may have just made this an O line to best the 90's squad. It may be The Cowboys turn again.

I made a comment in another thread that the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl and was laughed at. I think it's completely reasonable for them to go and I don't see how anyone that knows anything about football could make a counter argument. We have a good shot.

The defense will crack the top ten this year. Just watch.