Dallas Cowboys

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#61 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

One of the men most responsible for the success of the early 90s Cowboys died today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-viking...08782--nfl.html

rose.gif

Sponsored Post

#62 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 16179 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 21 2012, 07:07 PM)
One of the men most responsible for the success of the early 90s Cowboys died today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-viking...08782--nfl.html

rose.gif

The worst (best) trade of all time.  

#63 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Plastico Burress a Cowboy?

Well, I guess Dez needs a role model.

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Dallas Cowboys have held preliminary discussions with Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Plaxico Burress, about signing the free-agent wide receiver, according to a source.

The Cowboys have young and inexperienced receivers fighting for the No. 3 position on the team, and are thinking of adding a veteran if no one emerges.

On Thursday afternoon, team executive vice president Stephen Jones told KTBB-FM in Tyler, Texas, that the team "wouldn't totally rule out Plaxico at some point."

Jerry Jones...the gift that keeps on giving.

#64 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99569 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

How are the Clueless Romo Boys doing?

trink38.gif  

#65 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 20106 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 9 2012, 08:01 PM)
How are the Clueless Romo Boys doing?

trink38.gif

We need a center, two guards, a third receiver, a safety, and another nose guard.  Then we'll be ready to go all the way.  We still have plenty of holes.  With that said, I think we'll make the playoffs this year.  

#66 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Scintillating preseason opener for the girls last night...

#67 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17165 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I can't watch preseason anything  schla03.gif  

#68 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

That was tough to watch.  I was in Vegas on Monday and watched it at the sports book at my hotel.  I can't believe people actually bet on pre-season games!  Way too many variables and players that you know nothing about.  But all that being said, the Cowboys are undefeated!! tongue.gif  

#69 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Witten has slightly lacerated spleen...might miss season opener

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8...acerated-spleen

That's nothing to mess around with  scared.gif  

#70 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99569 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

just in case anyone is unsure about a spleen, here's some info:

The spleen (from Greek σπλήν—splēn) is an organ found in virtually all vertebrate animals. Similar in structure to a large lymph node, the spleen acts primarily as a blood filter. As such, it is a non-vital organ, with a healthy life possible after removal. The spleen plays important roles in regard to red blood cells (also referred to as erythrocytes) and the immune system. In humans, it is located in the left upper quadrant of the abdomen. It removes old red blood cells and holds a reserve of blood in case of hemorrhagic shock while also recycling iron. As a part of the mononuclear phagocyte system, it metabolizes hemoglobin removed from senescent erythrocytes. The globin portion of hemoglobin is degraded to its constitutive amino acids, and the heme portion is metabolized to bilirubin, which is subsequently shuttled to the liver for removal. It synthesizes antibodies in its white pulp and removes antibody-coated bacteria along with antibody-coated blood cells by way of blood and lymph node circulation. The spleen is brownish. A study published in 2009 using mice showed it has been found to contain in its reserve half of the body's monocytes within the red pulp. These monocytes, upon moving to injured tissue (such as the heart), turn into dendritic cells and macrophages while promoting tissue healing. It is one of the centers of activity of the reticuloendothelial system and can be considered analogous to a large lymph node, as its absence leads to a predisposition toward certain infections.

cool.gif  

#71 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3347 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

That was a big time hit he took.  Witten is as tough as they come.  He can't mess around with this although I am sure he is dying to get out there again.  As far as I am concerned expose the key vets as little as possible and find out what we have with the young guys.  Need to stay healthy this year and it hasn't been a great start.

#72 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8...es-lawsuit-team

A Dallas Cowboys fan is burning mad at her team.

Jennelle Carrillo, of Cleburne, Texas, has sued the Cowboys and owner/general manager Jerry Jones after she suffered severe burns to her backside while allegedly sitting on a bench outside Cowboys Stadium before a team scrimmage in August 2010.

Temperatures on the day of the annual Blue & Silver scrimmage were more than 100 degrees, and the bench that Carrillo sat on was black.

"The bench was uncovered and openly exposed to the extremely hot August sun," the suit, which was filed in Tarrant County civil court, states. "The combination of the nature of the black, marble bench and hot sunlight caused the bench to become extremely hot and unreasonably dangerous."

Carrillo's lawyer, Michael Wash, told KDFW-TV that his client initially knew she had been burned but didn't realize the extent of the injuries until receiving medical attention. She did not stay for the game, according to Wash.

"She sat down on this black bench, outside an entrance and unfortunately she suffered third-degree burns as a result of it and had subsequent skin grafts," he told KDFW.

The suit alleges that Cowboys Stadium posted no warning signs alerting fans that the benches could be hot.

Wash told KDFW that Carrillo has suffered "mental anguish, physical pain and disfigurement as a result of her wounds."

According to the TV station, Carrillo is suing to get a jury trial and payment of court fees, interest and a damage amount determined by the jury.

The Cowboys declined comment to KDFW due to the ongoing litigation, per team policy.

#73 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 99569 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 16 2012, 07:47 PM)
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8...es-lawsuit-team

A Dallas Cowboys fan is burning mad at her team.

Jennelle Carrillo, of Cleburne, Texas, has sued the Cowboys and owner/general manager Jerry Jones after she suffered severe burns to her backside while allegedly sitting on a bench outside Cowboys Stadium before a team scrimmage in August 2010.

Temperatures on the day of the annual Blue & Silver scrimmage were more than 100 degrees, and the bench that Carrillo sat on was black.

"The bench was uncovered and openly exposed to the extremely hot August sun," the suit, which was filed in Tarrant County civil court, states. "The combination of the nature of the black, marble bench and hot sunlight caused the bench to become extremely hot and unreasonably dangerous."

Carrillo's lawyer, Michael Wash, told KDFW-TV that his client initially knew she had been burned but didn't realize the extent of the injuries until receiving medical attention. She did not stay for the game, according to Wash.

"She sat down on this black bench, outside an entrance and unfortunately she suffered third-degree burns as a result of it and had subsequent skin grafts," he told KDFW.

The suit alleges that Cowboys Stadium posted no warning signs alerting fans that the benches could be hot.

Wash told KDFW that Carrillo has suffered "mental anguish, physical pain and disfigurement as a result of her wounds."

According to the TV station, Carrillo is suing to get a jury trial and payment of court fees, interest and a damage amount determined by the jury.

The Cowboys declined comment to KDFW due to the ongoing litigation, per team policy.

laugh.gif

Jerry being a pain in the arse again...

#74 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3347 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

That is just another ridiculous stupid lawsuit.  How do these cases not get thrown out before they get to step 1?  "Oh my ass is burning.  I think I will just stay here and let it fry."

#75 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Aug 17 2012, 01:26 PM)
That is just another ridiculous stupid lawsuit.  How do these cases not get thrown out before they get to step 1?  "Oh my ass is burning.  I think I will just stay here and let it fry."

I suspect that if this were a fan of any other team, the suit would have been thrown out.    But since it was a Cowboy fan, and a lot of them aren't exactly known for their intelligence, maybe the judge thought it had some merit.

tongue.gif

#76 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3347 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Another fresh beginning.  BIG game tonight.  Let's start with a pounding of Eli and the Giants.  I am eager to see our much improved secondary in action.

#77 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

the cheerleading squad looks ready.  tongue.gif
http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/squad/squad.cfm

#78 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Apparently Witten has been miraculously cleared to play...

scared.gif  

#79 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3347 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Great game.  I am liking this team!  Romo looks like he is taking the next step.  I have never seen him so animated and in control at the line pre-snap.  He was in complete command of the game.  I absolutely don't get the Romo haters.  

#80 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 16179 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

The secondary looks as good as advertised, the O line as questionable. Brilliant game plan to feed Ogletree early and then bang Austin and Dez late. Looks like we have a third receiver.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users