Dallas Cowboys

Too much! Funny how all the experts who piled hate on Romo are silent now. Seems to me they should start giving him his due!

I'm not silent,

I still say he makes to many boneheaded plays during crucial times in a game. But like Favre, I hope he proves me wrong. He is very talented. But history is not on his side. Prove me wrong Romo. :D

One of these days, a team is going to shut down the Cowboys' running game, or put up a lot of points on the Cowboy defense, and Romo will be forced to win the game himself. Then everyone will see if he's taken his game to the next level.

Did I miss some thing?

Joe Montana came out of retirement? :P

Too much! Funny how all the experts who piled hate on Romo are silent now. Seems to me they should start giving him his due!

I'm not silent,

I still say he makes to many boneheaded plays during crucial times in a game. But like Favre, I hope he proves me wrong. He is very talented. But history is not on his side. Prove me wrong Romo. :D

One of these days, a team is going to shut down the Cowboys' running game, or put up a lot of points on the Cowboy defense, and Romo will be forced to win the game himself. Then everyone will see if he's taken his game to the next level.

What do you think he's been doing for the last several years? We had the worst defense in the league last year by a mile and still went 8-8. Romo has been forced to carry this team for the last three years and that's why you've seen a lot of mistakes. You've also seen more fourth quarter victories by him than any other qb in the league over that time too.
  • Like 2

I'm not silent,

What do you think he's been doing for the last several years? We had the worst defense in the league last year by a mile and still went 8-8. Romo has been forced to carry this team for the last three years and that's why you've seen a lot of mistakes. You've also seen more fourth quarter victories by him than any other qb in the league over that time too.

This is why I said we'll see if he's taken his game to the next level. If the game falls on his shoulders (like it has in the past), will he triumph or fail? He's going to be scrutinized more than ever, now that his team is playing well. One slip up, and the critics will be all over him even worse than before. Personally, I don't think it's fair. It's never fair to put everything on the QB.....:no:

• Like 1

I'm not silent,

This is why I said we'll see if he's taken his game to the next level. If the game falls on his shoulders (like it has in the past), will he triumph or fail? He's going to be scrutinized more than ever, now that his team is playing well. One slip up, and the critics will be all over him even worse than before. Personally, I don't think it's fair. It's never fair to put everything on the QB..... :no:

I can't agrue with you on that. One thing is for sure, if he fails, it better not be a bone-headed play again on his part.
  • Like 1

This loss sucks. I had a bad feeling about this game and my feelings didn't betray me.

Should have left Tony in the locker room.

I don't get the Romo hate.

It's not hate,

It's reality. They should have kept him in the locker room. ;)

This loss sucks. I had a bad feeling about this game and my feelings didn't betray me.

It's not hate,

Maybe so. But not because he can't come back. He's had more fourth quarter come backs than anyone in the league over the last couple of years. He was playing hurt.

It's not hate,

Maybe so. But not because he can't come back. He's had more fourth quarter come backs than anyone in the league over the last couple of years. He was playing hurt.

Thats my point,

He was hurt. You could see it in the tunnel when he came out. There was no positive look on his face. The fumble near the goal line proved that.

It's not hate,

Thats my point,

He was hurt. You could see it in the tunnel when he came out. There was no positive look on his face. The fumble near the goal line proved that.

I agree. His demeanor was that of an injured player. Bad body language.

It's not hate,

Thats my point,

I agree. His demeanor was that of an injured player. Bad body language.

Yep,

Just go with the guy next in line. A clear head and ready to go. Win or lose.

Tough game. I never understood the 10 points Dallas was given by the bookies. My money is on Washington all day long. These teams always play close. I was worried about this one and I am already worried about their second game. I agree Romo should not have come back. Weeden was playing well and Romo was obviously not 100%. He is TOUGH though. I don't get why they couldn't adjust to those blitzes? Bottom line - if Murray and Randle hold on to the ball, Cowboys have a hard fought win.
  • Like 2

Such is the history of Boy's- Skins. The team with the better record always gets tested and often loses. In 89 we got our only win of the year against a playoff bound team in RFK. Chances were that we would either lose this game or against AZ. I prefer to win against AZ, a game that can build real confidence.

Such is the history of Boy's- Skins. The team with the better record always gets tested and often loses. In 89 we got our only win of the year against a playoff bound team in RFK. Chances were that we would either lose this game or against AZ. I prefer to win against AZ, a game that can build real confidence.

We need to find a way to stop the blitz. Also, our defense is coming back to earth.
  • Like 1

Demarcus Lawrence better be as advertised. We need sacks! If they don't figure out that blitz, we are doomed.....and our O line is not as good as we thought.

I always enjoyed watching this matchup on Thanksgiving growing up. :codger:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Demarcus Lawrence better be as advertised. We need sacks! If they don't figure out that blitz, we are doomed.....and our O line is not as good as we thought.

I think the O-line is as good as we thought/think. When eight guys are coming, the ball needs to get out quickly. Checking down receivers is a bad idea in that situation.
  • Like 1

I think the O-line is as good as we thought/think. When eight guys are coming, the ball needs to get out quickly. Checking down receivers is a bad idea in that situation.

Yep,

And i think it surprised the Cowboys that the Redskins didn't play a prevent defense.