Dallas Cowboys

Coach Joe Avezzano has passed at age 68. He was coaching american football in Italy, a lifelong ambition. A damn fine special teams coach and a Cowboy for life.

RIP Coach Joe.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 5 2012, 06:19 PM)
Coach Joe Avezzano has passed at age 68. He was coaching american football in Italy, a lifelong ambition. A damn fine special teams coach and a Cowboy for life.

RIP Coach Joe.

Sad news.

RIP Joe...it's guys like you who help to make the game great.

rose.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 6 2012, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 5 2012, 06:19 PM)

RIP Coach Joe.

Sad news.

RIP Joe...it's guys like you who help to make the game great.

rose.gif

omg... sad.gif

RIP Joe rose.gif

Wow bold unexpected move!! We will have a very solid secondary finally but I have somewhat mixed feelings about losing the second round pick. Hopefully Trader Jerry can get us back in there.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 27 2012, 08:58 AM)
Wow bold unexpected move!! We will have a very solid secondary finally but I have somewhat mixed feelings about losing the second round pick. Hopefully Trader Jerry can get us back in there.

Smart move. O line should be next.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 28 2012, 04:31 PM)
We got a stud corner but what about two other starters? It didn't happen. I don't like our draft.

Your draft looks a little like ours except you had a 1st round pick and traded up to get one of the top 5 players. The Cowboys 2011 draft looks much better.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 29 2012, 03:06 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 28 2012, 04:31 PM)
We got a stud corner but what about two other starters?  It didn't happen.  I don't like our draft.

Your draft looks a little like ours except you had a 1st round pick and traded up to get one of the top 5 players. The Cowboys 2011 draft looks much better.

Indeed. This draft had Jerry Jones written all over it. But that's the Cowboys. Ten or so super stars, and the rest of the team is filled out with spares.

The super secondary is going to help the pass rush. I am not up on all the other picks to give them a grade, but overall I am kind of excited but a little worried. I mean Claiborne is about as highly rated as they come. I hadn't read much on him until we got him because he was never in the picture. Some had him as second best player in the draft. You can't discount that....unless he is a bust. Hopefully some of the D line / O line will step up this year. We will have lots of guys in camp.

I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out. Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne. But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year. How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way? If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him. Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy. Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ May 23 2012, 08:49 AM)
I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out. Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne. But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year. How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way? If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him. Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy. Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

I agree. He has no leverage. We won't get dinky doo in a trade. This is his opportunity to increase his value.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 23 2012, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ May 23 2012, 08:49 AM)
I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out.  Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne.  But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year.  How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way?  If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him.  Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy.  Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

I agree. He has no leverage. We won't get dinky doo in a trade. This is his opportunity to increase his value.

Great players use competition as motivation.

Whiney little bitches not so much.

Not a real surprise...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8...violence-charge

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was arrested Monday on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, DeSoto (Texas) police confirmed.

According to police, Bryant was booked after turning himself in without incident. The alleged assault occurred Saturday, police said. No further information was immediately available.

According to KDFW-TV in Dallas, police responded to a family violence call in DeSoto on Saturday night. Bryant was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for assaulting a female family member, police told the station. The woman did not need to be taken to the hospital for her injuries, the report said.

KDFW-TV said police declined to elaborate on the circumstances surrounding the arrest or Bryant's relationship to the alleged victim.

Bryant's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment. Attempts to reach Bryant were unsuccesful. The Cowboys said they were aware of the incident.

"We are in the process of gathering information and will not have a comment at this time," a team spokesman said in a statement.

The Class A misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000 and up to a year in jail. The arrest also subjects Bryant to possible penalty under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

This is Bryant's first arrest, but it is not his first incident that required police involvement since the Cowboys traded up to select the former Oklahoma State star with the 24th overall pick in the 2010 draft.

In January, Bryant was detained by police but not arrested after an alleged altercation at a Miami Beach night club.

Last summer, off-duty police working as security at an upscale Dallas mall kicked Bryant and friends out of the mall because of inappropriate attire (sagging pants) and language. Bryant was temporarily banned from the mall.

Bryant, who was widely considered a top-10 talent but slipped in the draft due to teams' character concerns, has also been sued for unpaid debts for jewelry and sports tickets from before he was drafted.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2012, 11:16 AM)
Beats up his old mother wow!

oops.gif

Not so old. Apparently, his mom is 37 years old.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 17 2012, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2012, 11:16 AM)
Beats up his old mother wow!

oops.gif

Not so old. Apparently, his mom is 37 years old.

Oh that's ok then let's all beat her up!

1287.gif laugh.gif