Dallas Cowboys

• Please log in to reply
1244 replies to this topic

#41 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13064 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 23 2012, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ May 23 2012, 08:49 AM)
I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out.  Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne.  But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year.  How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way?  If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him.  Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy.  Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

I agree. He has no leverage.  We won't get dinky doo in a trade.  This is his opportunity to increase his value.

Great players use competition as motivation.

Whiney little bitches not so much.  

Sponsored Post

#42 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 19479 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ May 26 2012, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 23 2012, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ May 23 2012, 08:49 AM)
I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out. Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne. But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year. How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way? If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him. Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy. Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

I agree. He has no leverage.  We won't get dinky doo in a trade.  This is his opportunity to increase his value.

Great players use competition as motivation.

Whiney little bitches not so much.

True.  The Colts have a trade on the table.  I'd ditch him for as little as a 4th round pick.

#43 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Come on, Jerry.   Sign the man!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jerry-...rce=twitterfeed

Terrell Owens last played for the Dallas Cowboys in 2008 but Jerry Jones would feel good if he heard from his former player.

Its doubtful the Cowboys would entertain the idea of re-signing Owens, who recently had an ugly public departure from an indoor team, but Jones believes T.O. can still contribute in the NFL.

He really can reach out to me at any time, because I consider him a friend," Jones said, according to the Dallas Morning News. I would feel good if he reached out. I think that he really, without having first-hand knowledge, of what kind of physical condition he is in, I know he has the right stuff and he could help someone.

I have actually looked at some of the things he did last year. He's still got the ability to be quite a threat as a receiver. I would advise him if that he still has got the heart -- and he does -- to continue to try to get on with an NFL team.

Jones said his team does not have plans to add to its wide receiving corps. So, while he isnt offering a job, he does sound genuine in his desire to lend advice if asked to Owens. The mercurial receiver last played in the NFL in 2010 with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Owens has signed with a new agent Jordan Woy in hopes of returning to the NFL. Well see if they have success landing him an opportunity.

#44 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Oh boy wacko.gif  

#45 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13064 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 13 2012, 07:28 AM)
Come on, Jerry.   Sign the man!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jerry-...rce=twitterfeed

Terrell Owens last played for the Dallas Cowboys in 2008 but Jerry Jones would feel good if he heard from his former player.

Its doubtful the Cowboys would entertain the idea of re-signing Owens, who recently had an ugly public departure from an indoor team, but Jones believes T.O. can still contribute in the NFL.

He really can reach out to me at any time, because I consider him a friend," Jones said, according to the Dallas Morning News. I would feel good if he reached out. I think that he really, without having first-hand knowledge, of what kind of physical condition he is in, I know he has the right stuff and he could help someone.

I have actually looked at some of the things he did last year. He's still got the ability to be quite a threat as a receiver. I would advise him if that he still has got the heart -- and he does -- to continue to try to get on with an NFL team.

Jones said his team does not have plans to add to its wide receiving corps. So, while he isnt offering a job, he does sound genuine in his desire to lend advice if asked to Owens. The mercurial receiver last played in the NFL in 2010 with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Owens has signed with a new agent Jordan Woy in hopes of returning to the NFL. Well see if they have success landing him an opportunity.

I know a interior designer in Oak Lawn that would sign him to serve drinks at parties wearing a speedo. Could probably get 4 or 5 parties a year.

And he could always be a dancer at Zippers.  

#46 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69602 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Not a real surprise...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8...violence-charge

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was arrested Monday on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge, DeSoto (Texas) police confirmed.

According to police, Bryant was booked after turning himself in without incident. The alleged assault occurred Saturday, police said. No further information was immediately available.

According to KDFW-TV in Dallas, police responded to a family violence call in DeSoto on Saturday night. Bryant was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for assaulting a female family member, police told the station. The woman did not need to be taken to the hospital for her injuries, the report said.

KDFW-TV said police declined to elaborate on the circumstances surrounding the arrest or Bryant's relationship to the alleged victim.

Bryant's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment. Attempts to reach Bryant were unsuccesful. The Cowboys said they were aware of the incident.

"We are in the process of gathering information and will not have a comment at this time," a team spokesman said in a statement.

The Class A misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000 and up to a year in jail. The arrest also subjects Bryant to possible penalty under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

This is Bryant's first arrest, but it is not his first incident that required police involvement since the Cowboys traded up to select the former Oklahoma State star with the 24th overall pick in the 2010 draft.

In January, Bryant was detained by police but not arrested after an alleged altercation at a Miami Beach night club.

Last summer, off-duty police working as security at an upscale Dallas mall kicked Bryant and friends out of the mall because of inappropriate attire (sagging pants) and language. Bryant was temporarily banned from the mall.

Bryant, who was widely considered a top-10 talent but slipped in the draft due to teams' character concerns, has also been sued for unpaid debts for jewelry and sports tickets from before he was drafted.

#47 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Wow.  I am actually a little surprised.  So many articles this off season on how he was getting it together.  Man angry.gif  

#48 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83467 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Beats up his old mother wow!

oops.gif  

#49 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69602 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2012, 11:16 AM)

oops.gif

Not so old.   Apparently, his mom is 37 years old.

#50 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83467 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 17 2012, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2012, 11:16 AM)

oops.gif

Not so old.   Apparently, his mom is 37 years old.

Oh that's ok then let's all beat her up!

1287.gif  laugh.gif  

#51 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

You read the transcript of his mother's 911 call and she doesn't even know where he lives.  She has serious issues and maybe we should wait for all the facts.

#52 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jul 18 2012, 09:47 AM)
You read the transcript of his mother's 911 call and she doesn't even know where he lives.  She has serious issues and maybe we should wait for all the facts.

I read she spent time in Jail and has a rap sheet , nice mother laugh.gif  

#53 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

i used to be a cowboy fan years ago but became less interested in football.  i think i've been watching more of the tv episodes of the dallas cowboy cheerleaders, making the team, than any football.   love that show. tongue.gif  

#54 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83467 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

There seems to be an awful lot of NFL players getting arrested lately...

#55 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 18 2012, 01:59 PM)
There seems to be an awful lot of NFL players getting arrested lately...

National
Felons
League
biggrin.gif  

#56 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69602 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

posted in wrong thread

Edited by laughedatbytime, 18 July 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#57 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

I was a huge Dallas fan as a kid and still am somewhat although Colts have been my fav since move to Indy. Seems like every year for a long time now they talk about how good the Cowboys are on paper and then it never translates to the field. Do they ever put it together in the Romo era?

#58 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 19 2012, 11:17 PM)
I was a huge Dallas fan as a kid and still am somewhat although Colts have been my fav since move to Indy. Seems like every year for a long time now they talk about how good the Cowboys are on paper and then it never translates to the field. Do they ever put it together in the Romo era?

you can always count on the cheerleaders being good on paper and on the field.  tongue.gif  

#59 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13064 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Jul 18 2012, 08:47 AM)

Didn't get the $ she was looking for?

#60 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 20 2012, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 19 2012, 11:17 PM)

you can always count on the cheerleaders being good on paper and on the field.  tongue.gif

That's the ONLY thing you can count on in Dallas. laugh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users