Dallas Cowboys

• Please log in to reply
1247 replies to this topic

#21 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

So far , all we get is Kyle Orton  confused13.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83613 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 14 2012, 02:00 PM)
So far , all we get is Kyle Orton  confused13.gif

Yeah what gives? The Cowboys have become the Coyboys and have been silent!!  ohmy.gif Where the hell is Jerry???  ph34r.gif  

#23 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83613 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Cowboys get CB Brandon Carr, 5 year deal...

#24 Echoes

Echoes

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1966 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, music, video games, tennis

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Goodbye Newman, enter Brandon Carr  1022.gif  

#25 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 14 2012, 08:01 PM)
Goodbye Newman, enter Brandon Carr  1022.gif

1022.gif  

#26 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hopefully that shores up the secondary.  In the draft we need a guard and some D line help.

#27 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Opening night in the new Meadowlands!!  Very exciting.  This should motivate the team all summer long.

#28 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13071 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Coach Joe Avezzano has passed at age 68. He was coaching american football in Italy, a lifelong ambition. A damn fine special teams coach and a Cowboy for life.

RIP Coach Joe.

#29 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69734 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 5 2012, 06:19 PM)
Coach Joe Avezzano has passed at age 68. He was coaching american football in Italy, a lifelong ambition. A damn fine special teams coach and a Cowboy for life.

RIP Coach Joe.

Sad news.

RIP Joe...it's guys like you who help to make the game great.

rose.gif

#30 sullysue

sullysue

Arriving Somewhere...

• Members *
  • 16035 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 6 2012, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 5 2012, 06:19 PM)

RIP Coach Joe.

Sad news.

RIP Joe...it's guys like you who help to make the game great.

rose.gif

omg...  sad.gif

RIP Joe  rose.gif  

#31 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Wow bold unexpected move!!  We will have a very solid secondary finally but I have somewhat mixed feelings about losing the second round pick.  Hopefully Trader Jerry can get us back in there.

#32 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13071 posts
  • Interests:Speaking truth to evil, partying, sports and outdoors, avoiding growing up.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 27 2012, 08:58 AM)
Wow bold unexpected move!!  We will have a very solid secondary finally but I have somewhat mixed feelings about losing the second round pick.  Hopefully Trader Jerry can get us back in there.

Smart move.  O line should be next.  

#33 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 19501 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

We got a stud corner but what about two other starters?  It didn't happen.  I don't like our draft.

#34 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13071 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Could be worse.

Could be raining.

#35 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83613 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 28 2012, 04:31 PM)
We got a stud corner but what about two other starters?  It didn't happen.  I don't like our draft.

Your draft looks a little like ours except you had a 1st round pick and traded up to get one of the top 5 players. The Cowboys 2011 draft looks much better.

#36 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

• Members *
  • 19501 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 29 2012, 03:06 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 28 2012, 04:31 PM)
We got a stud corner but what about two other starters?  It didn't happen.  I don't like our draft.

Your draft looks a little like ours except you had a 1st round pick and traded up to get one of the top 5 players. The Cowboys 2011 draft looks much better.

Indeed.  This draft had Jerry Jones written all over it.  But that's the Cowboys.  Ten or so super stars, and the rest of the team is filled out with spares.

#37 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

The super secondary is going to help the pass rush.  I am not up on all the other picks to give them a grade, but overall I am kind of excited but a little worried.  I mean Claiborne is about as highly rated as they come.  I hadn't read much on him until we got him because he was never in the picture.  Some had him as second best player in the draft.  You can't discount that....unless he is a bust.  Hopefully some of the D line / O line will step up this year.  We will have lots of guys in camp.

#38 Weakly Criminal

Weakly Criminal

Stop voting republicRAT

• Members *
  • 13071 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

The 2012 NFL Draft came and went April 26-28 with the Dallas Cowboys addressing most of their needs.

The so-called experts have graded the Cowboys draft anywhere from a C-minus to an A. These grades are basically based on what the grader thinks about the player's skills, how that translates to production in the NFL and where they "should" be drafted.

When players are selected ahead of where some commentators think they should be taken, heads start shaking and questions about a draft strategy abound. I read a lot of articles and followed Twitter feeds during the draft to find out what the experts had to say.

I'm not going to rip any particular analyst because they all apply their craft differently. Some guys have an offensive lineman slated to go in the second while another might have him going in the fourth. What is important is how the team values the player, how they grade him and how he could potentially fit into their scheme.

I can't say I loved all of the Cowboys' selection, but I didn't see anything wrong with them either. Here are my thoughts on the players.

Morris Claiborne, CB

Some hated that the Cowboys spent two draft picks on one player when the team had other needs. I loved the aggressive move. The secondary was the weak link on the defense and Claiborne was definitely worth the pick.

Tyrone Crawford, DE

The defensive line accounted for 10 of the team's 42 sacks in 2011. Jason Hatcher led the way with 4 . Crawford will have the opportunity to make an impact on the edge with his quick burst off the line-of-scrimmage, something Dallas has lacked the past couple of years.

Kyle Wilber, OLB

Dallas needed another pass rusher opposite DeMarcus Ware and they got it in Wilber. I don't expect him to replace Anthony Spencer because his run defense isn't his strength. But, he does a good job putting pressure on the quarterback.

Matt Johnson, S

I think this is the pick I love the most based on video that I've watched of Johnson. People knock him because he played at a small school, but if you listen to his interview with the media, he chose Eastern Washington over Washington and Oregon because he wanted to play ball with his twin brother. But, film doesn't lie. Johnson flat out gets to the ball and then lays the wood once he gets there. He almost broke EWU's interception record by recording 17 during his career. He'll see action this year, but I think he'll be the starter in two to three years.

Danny Coale, WR

ESPN's Todd McShay raved over Coale and without really saying it suggested that the Virginia Tech receiver will have a very productive season. I see Coale as a slot receiver in the mold of Wes Welker. He's fast, has great hands and played four seasons with the Hokies. His yards per game increased every year and has a little experience as a returner.

James Hanna, TE

I was hoping Dallas would draft a tight end, but I didn't think it would be one with Hanna's skill sets. He's more of a receiving tight end with good hands and speed: ran a 4.49 40. I'm not saying I don't like the pick, but not the type of player I was expecting at the position. With that said, I'm sure he will spend a lot of time in OTAs and training camp polishing his blocking ability.

Caleb McSurdy, LB

With Sean Lee, Dan Connor and Bruce Carter manning the middle, McSurdy will as some depth, but this was a special teams selection, as were a few others. This Montana product is a very good tackler and has a way to work through traffic to get to the ball, an attribute needed on special teams.

I was hoping to see an offensive lineman come off the board for the Cowboys during the draft, but it didn't happen. The team said during the press conference that they felt they got their man when they announced Memphis guard Ron Leary had signed with Dallas as an undrafted free agent. They said he was graded out as a fourth round pick, but felt they could still get him after the draft. It was a gamble, but it worked.

Head coach Jason Garrett said in the team's press conference after the draft that all of the players they selected possess the characteristics that he wants his players to have. In my research of these players, Dallas didn't miss the mark on any of them.

John Ingle is a graduate of the Midwestern State University Mass Communication program with an emphasis in journalism. He is a life-long Dallas Cowboys and football fan dating back to the late 1970s and has had covered the Cowboys as a journalism intern during two training camps at MSU. Follow him on Twitter @inglejohn1973.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dallas-cowboy...q9PPHoAiCrQtDMD

----------------------------------------------------------------

I think they did OK.  B+

#39 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out.  Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne.  But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year.  How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way?  If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him.  Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy.  Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

#40 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

• Members *
  • 19501 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Syrinx @ May 23 2012, 08:49 AM)
I understand but still don't get Mike Jenkins mini hold out.  Yes he must feel snubbed with the aquisition of Brandon Carr and the draft of Claiborne.  But he is still a part of the team and is making good money and is in a contract year.  How is staying home with hurt feelings helping his cause in any way?  If I was him I would come to camp with my head held high and a positive attitude, and force one of those guys to take his job from him.  Work hard for the money you are getting and show potential other teams that you are a hard working team guy.  Or force the Cowboys to give you an extension.

I agree. He has no leverage.  We won't get dinky doo in a trade.  This is his opportunity to increase his value.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users