Dallas Cowboys

Well that was unexpected. I am nervous about the 49ers after watching their d-line maul the Rams. It will come down to the O-line / D-line on both teams. And if we win (don't jinx!) we don't have to worry about GB until the conference championship. Cowboys / 49ers - a classic rivalry ressurected!

Huge back in the day!

The Catch. :rage:

I can still feel my young heart breaking at that exact moment . . .

Me too. Epic moment if we all remember it as "The Catch" so many years later.

I remember jumping up and down and celebrating :(

• Like 1

Well that was unexpected. I am nervous about the 49ers after watching their d-line maul the Rams. It will come down to the O-line / D-line on both teams. And if we win (don't jinx!) we don't have to worry about GB until the conference championship. Cowboys / 49ers - a classic rivalry ressurected!

Huge back in the day!

You, me, and most of America.

• Like 1

Huge back in the day!

If it were SF vs PHI I would not have been watching, I'd have been in the yard throwing the football. Face it, we're in your head. :smash:

• Like 2

Huge back in the day!

If it were SF vs PHI I would not have been watching, I'd have been in the yard throwing the football. Face it, we're in your head. :smash:

It was so satisfying watching them lose. The only head y'all are in is your own enormous ones. lol

Nice job high fiving yourselves piling on against a COVID squad Sunday by the way. Pathetic. Y'all bring the hate on yourselves. Fully expect another "blame it on the ref" moment when you inevitably go out. lol

• Like 3

Huge back in the day!

It was so satisfying watching them lose. The only head y'all are in is your own enormous ones. lol

Nice job high fiving yourselves piling on against a COVID squad Sunday by the way. Pathetic. Y'all bring the hate on yourselves. Fully expect another "blame it on the ref" moment when you inevitably go out. lol

The bitterness shows hahahaaa

• Like 2

Huge back in the day!

All but one will, and it's GB's year. Bet em now and you're welcome. :codger:

• Like 2

Huge back in the day!

Dallas won four games against teams with winning records this year (Chargers, Eagles x2, Patriots). Their 12-5 record is less impressive with that in mind. Dak Prescott is 9-17 against teams with winning records in his career. In the postseason, he is 1-2. There's a reason the buzz around a 49ers win next weekend.
  • Like 2

Huge back in the day!

Dallas won four games against teams with winning records this year (Chargers, Eagles x2, Patriots). Their 12-5 record is less impressive with that in mind. Dak Prescott is 9-17 against teams with winning records in his career. In the postseason, he is 1-2. There's a reason the buzz around a 49ers win next weekend.

The SF front four vs a suspect DAL OL will tell the tale, unless our D is even better. Look for a low scoring 3 point game. 51 points is way too much IMO.

• Like 1

You can only play the teams on the schedule, and it's not necessarily a sign of weakness the Cowboys exist in a division with WFT and NYG. The 49ers contrived to lose to Seattle twice, so a person could say their record might look better if they could beat the bottom team in their own division (although they did beat the top team!).

ESPN ranks Prescott the 9th best QB in the league, with Garappolo as 20. I know who I'd rather have in that spot. The Cowboys also had a much higher points differential and expected wins rate. Plus, it's a home game for the Cowboys. The 49ers may well win it, but if there's buzz it's probably recency bias about the big win over the Rams. The Cowboys _should_ win that game.

Of course, they should also have beaten Denver. And the Raiders. And maybe the Cardinals . . .

• Like 3

I actually think this is the toughest matchup for the Cowboys. I will feel more confident against the Bucs and the Packers. I am worried about this game

I think GB should worry you too... but get what youre saying. The fact that Dallas fans have not murdered a head coach in the last 20 years is pretty impressive as well.
  • Like 2

You can only play the teams on the schedule, and it's not necessarily a sign of weakness the Cowboys exist in a division with WFT and NYG. The 49ers contrived to lose to Seattle twice, so a person could say their record might look better if they could beat the bottom team in their own division (although they did beat the top team!).

ESPN ranks Prescott the 9th best QB in the league, with Garappolo as 20. I know who I'd rather have in that spot. The Cowboys also had a much higher points differential and expected wins rate. Plus, it's a home game for the Cowboys. The 49ers may well win it, but if there's buzz it's probably recency bias about the big win over the Rams. The Cowboys _should_ win that game.

Of course, they should also have beaten Denver. And the Raiders. And maybe the Cardinals . . .

From the outside, Prescott is the most underwhelming "awesome QB" in history. But I think I base that on the hype Im inundated with on tv and the web.

From the outside, Prescott is the most underwhelming "awesome QB" in history. But I think I base that on the hype Im inundated with on tv and the web.

For my part, he's not an "awesome QB." He's just very good and steady, athletic, smart, and a leader his teammates trust. I was glad Jerry paid him not because he's the second coming but because having a settled quarterback situation as an above-average known quantity is totally worth it in today's pass happy NFL. His playoff record may not be great, but no one's has been since Aikman!

Of the other QBs in the playoffs, who would I trade him for? Rodgers . . . Mahomes . . . and that's probably it.

• Like 2

1642024476[/url]' post='4981951']Of the other QBs in the playoffs, who would I trade him for? Rodgers . . .

No.

Well.....maybe Zak and five 1st round picks.... ;)

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

You can only play the teams on the schedule, and it's not necessarily a sign of weakness

Going .500 outside a very weak conference is.

Of the other QBs in the playoffs, who would I trade him for? Rodgers . . .

No.

Nah, Rodgers is going to force his way to Dallas for a McCarthy reunion. With no leverage GB will be lucky to get one 1.

• Like 1

I actually think this is the toughest matchup for the Cowboys. I will feel more confident against the Bucs and the Packers. I am worried about this game

I think GB should worry you too... but get what youre saying. The fact that Dallas fans have not murdered a head coach in the last 20 years is pretty impressive as well.

If Cowboys fans of the past 20 years were going to take their frustrations out on someone in the Dallas organization, it wouldn't be a head coach.

• Like 2

If Cowboys fans of the past 20 years were going to take their frustrations out on someone in the Dallas organization, it wouldn't be a head coach.

Not sure what you mean... :huh:

4ef9ad0602605243b1a912fc90d5bbf6_md.jpg

• Like 3

You can only play the teams on the schedule, and it's not necessarily a sign of weakness

I think you'll find they were 6-5 outside their division! That's a winning record! I guess it's too bad they also couldn't play the Jags and the Texans, like the 49ers, to pad those wins*. The 49ers also just won four games against teams with winning records (Philadelphia, LAx2, Cincinnati). Does that look better because it's more (%) of their fewer wins? How's that?

*presumably; but, you know . . . the Broncos . . .

• Like 2

I think you'll find they were 6-5 outside their division! That's a winning record! I guess it's too bad they also couldn't play the Jags and the Texans, like the 49ers, to pad those wins*. The 49ers also just won four games against teams with winning records (Philadelphia, LAx2, Cincinnati). Does that look better because it's more (%) of their fewer wins? How's that?

*presumably; but, you know . . . the Broncos . . .

Niners barely got in. If you're suggesting that the Niners are being over-hyped, I'm on board. I'd put this year's Chiefs in with them.

Niners barely got in. If you're suggesting that the Niners are being over-hyped, I'm on board. I'd put this year's Chiefs in with them.

I'm trying to talk myself into believing the Cowboys have got a good chance to advance! :dweez:

• Like 2

I'm trying to talk myself into believing the Cowboys have got a good chance to advance! :dweez:

They do. I think any team does this year. All have shined and sucked at some point.

• Like 3

Of the other QBs in the playoffs, who would I trade him for? Rodgers . . .

No.

Nah, Rodgers is going to force his way to Dallas for a McCarthy reunion. With no leverage GB will be lucky to get one 1.

He should hang it up while on top and sign a $100M contract to host Jeopardy. :)