Dallas Cowboys

This weekend should be a perfect opportunity to get the offense into high gear for the end of season push. I fully expect the Cowboys to destroy NY.

Sshhhhh, you fool! It'd be the Dallasist thing ever to lose this game, something like 27-14. Remember when we expected to thump Denver all the way back to the Rockies? Remember when we were putting a beat-down on WFT?

Now, if they do win big, I'll pretend I was never worried and just enjoy it, and then later crow about it!

• Like 1

The stuttering of the offense is frankly a little concerning. The NFC playoffs look brutal, with Green Bay, Tampa, whoever comes out of the west, so Dallas is a longshot anyway, but their playoffs will be nasty, brutish, and short unless they find a way to keep grinding out first downs and put some points up. The D did play great -- but keeping the Giants down is one thing, and the playoff-caliber teams are something else.

Still, I'm glued to every minute!

• Like 2

Yeesh, it was the Broncos game again. Dumped at home. Although, closer, admittedly. Still, what confidence can one have going into the playoffs? We could win two or three, or lose 30-7 in the opener. Maybe I'll just have to watch and see . . .
  • Like 1

I have read that Kellen Moore is playing a vanilla offense and will unleash the real thing in the playoffs. I would rather go in with momentum. That is why I hope they stomp the Eagles with their first team players. And regardless we better get our running game going.
  • Like 1

Plenty of teams to root for this weekend while waiting for the Cowboys game. CLE, IND, CAR and MIN.

What are you rooting for Carolina for? Anyway we snuffed out their challenge. :P

Playoff positioning of course! Turned out to not matter but you never know.

I have read that Kellen Moore is playing a vanilla offense and will unleash the real thing in the playoffs. I would rather go in with momentum. That is why I hope they stomp the Eagles with their first team players. And regardless we better get our running game going.

The running game is the problem, and it showed up big time against AZ. The Cowboys are 31st in rushing yards on 1st down, and Zeke gets the bulk of those carries The O line is just not right and it's not going to be this year. I really don't know what can be done to fix it other than KM turning into Svengali. Starting Pollard? Running Dak more? IDK

I do think that it was a mistake to not pressure AZ's QB more. There were plenty of opportunities where the D line just stayed back and played contain when they had shots of two or more players free. Sure he's super fast but still young and mistake prone against an opportunistic D.

We will probably beat PHI convincingly and then win one PO game at most. :|

• Like 1

The running game is the problem, and it showed up big time against AZ. The Cowboys are 31st in rushing yards on 1st down, and Zeke gets the bulk of those carries The O line is just not right and it's not going to be this year. I really don't know what can be done to fix it other than KM turning into Svengali. Starting Pollard? Running Dak more? IDK

I do think that it was a mistake to not pressure AZ's QB more. There were plenty of opportunities where the D line just stayed back and played contain when they had shots of two or more players free. Sure he's super fast but still young and mistake prone against an opportunistic D.

We will probably beat PHI convincingly and then win one PO game at most. :|

I think there's some Mahomes bleed-through in the way some defenses are trying to corral fast young gunslingers: keep him from getting outside (containment) and get some pressure up the middle. I don't know if we don't have the personnel to do that, or if Murray was just good enough to keep it from fully working.

At least for Sunday, part of the run game problem is that Dallas was in a hole so (relatively) quickly. There's no way to blast a defense and waste time for a full quarter or so when you need to score two touchdowns just to get back in it. Maybe you're right about the o-line; maybe it's Zeke's knee, but he has not really been himself. I saw yesterday that he still has fewer yards than Derrick Henry, who hasn't played for two months! Pollard has looked lively. I don't think we want Dak to be running around and exposing his limbs too much.

The Eagles game will be interesting; their position is pretty much set, right? Or do they go to six if the Saints get spot seven? Anyway, I hope the Cowboys show some desire to hit the playoffs on the bounce, and if KM is just waiting to unleash something impressive, a dress rehearsal against a division rival looks like a good time!

Winning at least one playoff game would be a success, imo. It would make the Cowboys a legit "playoff caliber" team and justify most of the season. Winning two games? That'd be nice . . .

• Like 2

So it's all set. Cowboys get SF which I think is a more favorable matchup than AZ, but of course we'll see. SF does have an awesome front four on D and our OL is suspect at the moment. But we also have an awesome D front and should give em hell. I really don't see anyone winning in GB but here's hoping we get there.
  • Like 1

Well that was unexpected. I am nervous about the 49ers after watching their d-line maul the Rams. It will come down to the O-line / D-line on both teams. And if we win (don't jinx!) we don't have to worry about GB until the conference championship. Cowboys / 49ers - a classic rivalry ressurected!
  • Like 3

Well that was unexpected. I am nervous about the 49ers after watching their d-line maul the Rams. It will come down to the O-line / D-line on both teams. And if we win (don't jinx!) we don't have to worry about GB until the conference championship. Cowboys / 49ers - a classic rivalry ressurected!

Huge back in the day!
  • Like 2

Huge back in the day!

The Catch. :rage:

• Like 2

Huge back in the day!

I can still feel my young heart breaking at that exact moment . . .

• Like 2

Huge back in the day!

I can still feel my young heart breaking at that exact moment . . .

Me too. Epic moment if we all remember it as "The Catch" so many years later.

• Like 2