Dallas Cowboys

NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.

This is a shambles. The formerly 3-0 Cowboys are contriving a way to lose -- substantially -- to the f______ New York Jets!

Gallup has dropped three passes; the O-line cannot keep Dak on his feet; they cannot control the inside of the line of scrimmage, so of course the Cowboys keep running Zeke right into the middle.

Weak. The Jets -- the Jets! -- want it more and are outworking Dallas.

The two field goals the Cowboys have scored are from 50 and 62 -- that tells us how close they're not getting.

Garrett cannot lead this team; he cannot manage, even with great players.

I'm half tempted to hope their season collapses to leave Jerry with no choice but to fire his favorite yes-man.

Wow -- look at me; I'm a caps lock away from posting like Earl! This is what we've come to! Oh, the humanity.

• Like 1

NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.

This is a shambles. The formerly 3-0 Cowboys are contriving a way to lose -- substantially -- to the f______ New York Jets!

Gallup has dropped three passes; the O-line cannot keep Dak on his feet; they cannot control the inside of the line of scrimmage, so of course the Cowboys keep running Zeke right into the middle.

Weak. The Jets -- the Jets! -- want it more and are outworking Dallas.

The two field goals the Cowboys have scored are from 50 and 62 -- that tells us how close they're not getting.

Garrett cannot lead this team; he cannot manage, even with great players.

I'm half tempted to hope their season collapses to leave Jerry with no choice but to fire his favorite yes-man.

Wow -- look at me; I'm a caps lock away from posting like Earl! This is what we've come to! Oh, the humanity.

INJURIES. Cobb and Smith are out. Cooper has a bad thigh bruise and is questionable to return. Dak was checked for a concussion.

Too easy to blame the absentees. They should be more competitive with the squad they've got on the field. Dropped balls, penalties, unimaginative (and predictable) play-calling.

As Immortan Joe said, Mediocre.

BRUTAL!!! There ARE YOUR CAPS! i wanted to vomit watching that abomination. Injuries are no excuse especially against a 0-4 team. I know their QB was back but he shouldn't look like a superstar first game. San Fran had both their tackles out and won a big game. I am done with Garrett. I have defended him but this is downright disgusting. That 4th and goal was a terrible call - take the 3 points or design a play that doesn't rely on your back-up o-line that hasn't been able to make any holes. Receivers who drop passes make me sick. That is you JOB!!! They better figure a way to beat the Eagles or this season that was so promising 3 weeks ago is going to spiral downwards very quickly.
  • Like 1

Wow now that is the team I was waiting to see!! What a great all around effort. Some great play calling and awesome effort on both sides of the ball. A well-timed bye to get everyone healthy again.

Wow now that is the team I was waiting to see!! What a great all around effort. Some great play calling and awesome effort on both sides of the ball. A well-timed bye to get everyone healthy again.

Did the Judge from “The Natural” bribe the Eagle players? WTF? ;) ;)

That's more like it! That Eagles defeat of the Packers is looking weirder and weirder because they did not show up at all -- which suits me just fine!

The Cowboys looked downright competent, and maybe it'll help get their mojo back.

ROLL ON BIG D

OK I want the Cowboys to come out and show no mercy over a team they should beat

Considering how long it took them to pull away from the Dolphins, I'm not holding my breath. I do hope it's a beat-down, though!

Edited by Nova Carmina

The final flatters the 'Boys a little bit, as it was padded by that late fumble return, but it was a good win! They got Zeke rolling, Dak threw well (I still think he holds onto the ball too long), the defense didn't play too badly, although against weak opposition (except Barkely, clearly). It'll be good to get Van Der Esch back in the middle.

Now onto a tougher game -- I hope we still own Kirk Cousins!

• Like 2

So the Vikings are a good team, but the Cowboys were at home, so I'll say it again:

GARRETT OUT

We cannot spot a team like the Vikings 14 points and then play them more-or-less even the rest of the way (or any team, really). Once again, the team did not look prepared. On the Vikings drive (a field goal, admittedly) at the end of the first half, Cousins hit the same dink pass over the middle on three or four of the seven pass plays, and the Cowboys never adjusted -- if you're the Vikings, that play sort of calls itself, doesn't it?

Now we're level with the Beagles again, barely above .500, and -- if the playoffs are in the offing -- and looking at the schedule that's no sure thing -- we're headed for an early exit.

Despite Prescott, and Elliot, and Cooper, and a solid O-line, and Bennett, and Lee, and Van Der Esch, and on and on, Garrett's Cowboys are not in the same class as the Packers or Saints (although, lol) or Seahawks/49ers.

Enough of tolerating mediocrity!

So the Vikings are a good team, but the Cowboys were at home, so I'll say it again:

GARRETT OUT

We cannot spot a team like the Vikings 14 points and then play them more-or-less even the rest of the way (or any team, really). Once again, the team did not look prepared. On the Vikings drive (a field goal, admittedly) at the end of the first half, Cousins hit the same dink pass over the middle on three or four of the seven pass plays, and the Cowboys never adjusted -- if you're the Vikings, that play sort of calls itself, doesn't it?

Now we're level with the Beagles again, barely above .500, and -- if the playoffs are in the offing -- and looking at the schedule that's no sure thing -- we're headed for an early exit.

Despite Prescott, and Elliot, and Cooper, and a solid O-line, and Bennett, and Lee, and Van Der Esch, and on and on, Garrett's Cowboys are not in the same class as the Packers or Saints (although, lol) or Seahawks/49ers.

Enough of tolerating mediocrity!

Last night was Garrett's finest coaching job. I especially liked the two run calls in the goal to go series on the last real drive and the 57 yd FG attempt in the first quarter.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Unreal. Zeke was running into a brick wall all game. So after passing for 400 yards and passing the team all the way down the field, it is time to run again - not once but twice!! Idiotic. And then the 4th down play passing to Zeke on a difficult route - brutal!! If Garrett is making the final calls, there is no excuse any more. This team should be minimum 7-2 right now. I could go on and on. It is so frustrating.
  • Like 1

Credit where it's due, I suppose although the pessimist in me wants to point out we're not likely to beat too many teams when giving up 27, but if we can score 35, I'll take the shootout.

I don't want to take anything away from the Lions, but the Cowboys were sort of "supposed" to win this game, weren't they? Do you compliment a team for doing what's expected? "Hey, guy, way to show up to work on time!" If I'm going to bitch and moan when they lose, I should be stoked when they win, but I can't help but feel they just delayed the crisis another week or two.

Still, pressure's on the Eagles now to keep up. Prescott played really well, extending plays, and the receiving corps came through. Good work from the o-line, too, all day long.

C'mon big D!

I feel the same. I was not happy for a lot for that game. Especially the start...AGAIN! I thought after the first half they were on their way to a big victory. The D worries me a bit. But Dak is awesome!!
  • Like 1