Dallas Cowboys

I am excited for Sunday!!!

I can't explain it because I wish no one harm but I want some Romo.

You'll get some Romo! He'll be calling the plays in to Dak and coaching him up on the sidelines. Romo is very much a part of this team, and the best back up ever.

Jason Garrett needs to go. Am I insane? I've thought this ever since they were on the 8-8 treadmill.

Today just seals it. If you fair catch a punt before the end of a half, you get a free field goal attempt. Punt was caught at the 38-yard line, so this is an uncontested 72-yard field goal attempt. There might be a 0.008% chance of making it, but why not try it? Then, his clock management on the final drive. Why spike the ball with 45+ seconds left and a timeout? You only potentially leave the opposition more time, and that's exactly what happened.

I don't see the team ever getting over the elite hump with his "football process."

• Like 1

Jason Garrett needs to go. Am I insane? I've thought this ever since they were on the 8-8 treadmill.

Today just seals it. If you fair catch a punt before the end of a half, you get a free field goal attempt. Punt was caught at the 38-yard line, so this is an uncontested 72-yard field goal attempt. There might be a 0.008% chance of making it, but why not try it? Then, his clock management on the final drive. Why spike the ball with 45+ seconds left and a timeout? You only potentially leave the opposition more time, and that's exactly what happened.

I don't see the team ever getting over the elite hump with his "football process."

Yeah,

The fair catch blew me away. At least run the damn ball. Nice come back though.

Edited by troutman

When the blocked or short kick is returned for a TD you'll know why this is a bad idea. I can't fault him for clock management either. You don't know how much time you'll need. Just realize how good Rodgers is

Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 1

When the blocked or short kick is returned for a TD you'll know why this is a bad idea. I can't fault him for clock management either. You don't know how much time you'll need. Just realize how good Rodgers is

Who knows the mentality. Saving the timeout for a last second FG? As a coach, I'd hate to watch time expire as the field goal team is trying to get set up. But who knows other than Garrett.

This is a free kick, so you can put a more traditional special teams unit out there if the need to tackle a returner arises. I realize how good Rodgers is and refuse to spike the ball unless it's absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

This is a free kick, so you can put a more traditional special teams unit out there if the need to tackle a returner arises. I realize how good Rodgers is and refuse to spike the ball unless it's absolutely necessary.

That pass play pre-kick had to be thrown just so, and the receiver (who in real time I swore was out) had to make that yoga-like catch to be in a position to kick it 50+ yards twice to win. hell of a game.

• Like 2

That pass play pre-kick had to be thrown just so, and the receiver (who in real time I swore was out) had to make that yoga-like catch to be in a position to kick it 50+ yards twice to win. hell of a game.

Just like they say, it is indeed a "game of inches".....!! It's also a game of seconds. Rodgers and his coaches preach, "As long as you have time and downs, you can win." If you have one second on the clock and one down to run a play, you can work miracles.

I am still shaking my head in amazement at how they won that game. :o

Edited by Principled Man

Game of seconds exactly. Rodgers and 35 seconds = LOSS!

When the Packers and Falcons met in Week 8, the Packers were down, 33-32, and Rodgers had 30 seconds to get into FG range. They didn't get there, and Rodgers got some heavy local criticism for not winning the game. Come ON......scoring in 30 seconds is NOT an easy task - even for the best QB's. Everything has to go right, everyone has to execute perfectly. It doesn't always happen.

• Like 1

Garrett has been a poor in game coach but does seem to be improving. He seems great as a walk around coach and a motivator. He needs to work on game situations more.

Garrett has been a poor in game coach but does seem to be improving. He seems great as a walk around coach and a motivator. He needs to work on game situations more.

He was too cute with his coaching in that game. Hey Garrett!!!! Leave number 21 on the field at ALL times!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Man this is a sad day! I have been a fan since 1971 and this is up there with the Landry firing and Emmitt leaving. I am going to be cheering for Tony wherever he ends up.
  • Like 1