Dallas Cowboys

Jared Goff is lighting it up for California - 23 for 34 for 447 yards and 6 td's through 3 quarters. Romo's successor??

Yep, he looks impressive (though he is playing Air Force, and against a team who lost the leader of the secondary early on).

Jared Goff is lighting it up for California - 23 for 34 for 447 yards and 6 td's through 3 quarters. Romo's successor??

I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him in the draft. I would also understand drafting other positions instead. Romo's window is closing.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him in the draft. I would also understand drafting other positions instead. Romo's window is closing.

I bet Goff goes to Cleveland.

I don't know if Dallas looks to draft a quarterback with their first pick, but they should look for one somewhere in the draft. Maybe trade that first round pick for multiples further down in the draft? Romo is still a quality quarterback. The thing is, as everyone knows, you can't count on him to stay healthy. And without a solid backup, you see what happened.
  • Like 1

Jerry was just on the radio. They asked about Manziel. He said there is risk in everything. Maybe more risk in drafting a QB high in the draft. Manziel will end up in Dallas. From a publicity, jersey sale, circus standpoint it would be unprecedented.

I bet Goff goes to Cleveland.

Probably.

I don't know if Dallas looks to draft a quarterback with their first pick, but they should look for one somewhere in the draft. Maybe trade that first round pick for multiples further down in the draft? Romo is still a quality quarterback. The thing is, as everyone knows, you can't count on him to stay healthy. And without a solid backup, you see what happened.

At some point, we need to look three or more years down the road. After Aikman, I swear we went through fifteen shitty quarterbacks.
  • Like 1

At some point, we need to look three or more years down the road. After Aikman, I swear we went through fifteen shitty quarterbacks.

The longer Jerruh remains in a position of power, the more likely it is Dallas is going to be bottom of the division each year.

Especially if he thinks signing Manziel is a good decision.

The longer Jerruh remains in a position of power, the more likely it is Dallas is going to be bottom of the division each year.

Especially if he thinks signing Manziel is a good decision.

The crazy thing is that we'll be the odd on favorite to win the division next year. And barring injuries, as we had this year, I would agree. We were at a point twelve months ago that we could have beaten any team in the league. We are loaded with draft picks this year.

Well where have we all been? This was on the 3rd page! Time to get ready for the new season. Draft is almost here. I have been following all of the prognostications and can't decide which route they should go at pick 4. I am leaning towards Jalen Ramsey if available or a QB. I also wouldn't mind Ezekial Elliot if he is there. He sounds like a complete RB and with our O line he could be awesome and get Romo back to his 2014 form. Thoughts?

Well where have we all been? This was on the 3rd page! Time to get ready for the new season. Draft is almost here. I have been following all of the prognostications and can't decide which route they should go at pick 4. I am leaning towards Jalen Ramsey if available or a QB. I also wouldn't mind Ezekial Elliot if he is there. He sounds like a complete RB and with our O line he could be awesome and get Romo back to his 2014 form. Thoughts?

I'm hoping for a qb at 4, but if the top two are gone, then I'm good with the best player available. There is no way we should take a rb at 4. No Dickerson in this draft.

I'm hoping for a qb at 4, but if the top two are gone, then I'm good with the best player available. There is no way we should take a rb at 4. No Dickerson in this draft.

If we don't get one of the top two quarterbacks then I would like to trade down a bit to pick up an extra early pick or two. Hell, we may be able to trade down and still pick up Elliot.
  • Like 2

If we don't get one of the top two quarterbacks then I would like to trade down a bit to pick up an extra early pick or two. Hell, we may be able to trade down and still pick up Elliot.

That is some good thinking! I agree Elliot at 4 isn't the best. I would just love to have him on the team and if they could trade down, get some extra picks including him that would be awesome.

• Like 1

Well it's Elliot at 4. That's a reach imo but he is a great fit. Prove me me wrong Zeke! Might be smart to be a running team in a league built to defend the pass, particularly if you've got an old broke dick qb.

Well it's Elliot at 4. That's a reach imo but he is a great fit. Prove me me wrong Zeke! Might be smart to be a running team in a league built to defend the pass, particularly if you've got an old broke dick qb.

I'm good with the pick. There are only a few elite running backs in the league and he should be one of them. I don't believe in the "plug in and play" philosophy that some have in regards to the running back position. Now, let's get some f***ing front seven defensive players in the next few rounds.
  • Like 2

I love it! Didn't think they would do it. Remember in 2014 the main reason their defense was so highly rated, was with a heavy running game they were on the field a lot less. This will happen again.

I love it! Didn't think they would do it. Remember in 2014 the main reason their defense was so highly rated, was with a heavy running game they were on the field a lot less. This will happen again.

Hopefully. Now, let's get some f***ing defense tonight!!!
  • Like 1

The more I listen to the pundits and read, the more I am uncomfortable with the draft. What is with the other RB in round 6?? A guy who hasn't played football since Grade 8?? These to me are luxury picks, along with Jaylon Smith. Not a lot of immediate help other than Elliot. And like Bob Sturm wrote, Derrick Henry would have destroyed teams behind our O line. And we could have had him + Jalen Ramsey. Maybe I just don't get it, but it seems like the Cowboys brain trust tries to get too cute or over thinks things??

And if they really thought Paxton Lynch was the future franchise QB, how the heck did they let him get away??

They wouldn't have. Seems they are more sure of the running game. We shall see.