The Official Megadeth Thread

Union 5-3992

Love them. I own everything from KIMB to Th1rte3n and have seen them live a bunch of times since my first show in 1998. I refuse to see them again live until they change up their setlist however.

Favorite songs:

Wake Up Dead

Set The World Afire

In My Darkest Hour

Mary Jane

Architecture Of Aggression

High Speed Dirt

Ashes In Your Mouth

Reckoning Day

A Secret Place

FFF

• Like 1

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jan 29 2012, 10:14 AM)
Love them. I own everything from KIMB to Th1rte3n and have seen them live a bunch of times since my first show in 1998. I refuse to see them again live until they change up their setlist however.

Favorite songs:

Wake Up Dead
Set The World Afire
In My Darkest Hour
Mary Jane
High Speed Dirt
Ashes In Your Mouth
Reckoning Day
A Secret Place
FFF

Yeah, the recent setlists suck! Short and stale. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 29 2012, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jan 29 2012, 10:14 AM)

Favorite songs:

Wake Up Dead
Set The World Afire
In My Darkest Hour
Mary Jane
High Speed Dirt
Ashes In Your Mouth
Reckoning Day
A Secret Place
FFF

Yeah, the recent setlists suck! Short and stale. 062802puke_prv.gif

i caught the RIP anniversary tour and it was good but its not the same after friedman and menza left for me.

my first show was the SF SG SW? tour in charlotte nc. saw them a bunch in denver CTE to Youthanasia in cluding once at red rocks with korn as an opener.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 28 2012, 11:12 PM)
Nah, I've been listening to them off & on for a year. Ever since I picked up Endgame & Rust In Piece at Walmart.

You're still missing a bunch of albums though wink.gif

Peace Sells But Whos's Buying is essential for your collection 1022.gif

I've seen them live six times, 1994, 1997, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2011. Seeing them do all of RIP in full is one of my greatest concert experiences ever. Unfortuntely since then the set has gotten super stale. I'm not sure what Dave is thinking or how they don't get bored with some stuff by now? I understand if they're on a festival and have a short stage time but the set shouldn't be the way it is now since they're headlining. I wonder if Mustaine is thinking of retiring and he's just saying "f**k it" when it comes to the setlist.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 29 2012, 03:59 PM)
Nah, I've been listening to them off & on for a year. Ever since I picked up Endgame & Rust In Piece at Walmart.

I've seen them live six times, 1994, 1997, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2011. Seeing them do all of RIP in full is one of my greatest concert experiences ever. Unfortuntely since then the set has gotten super stale. I'm not sure what Dave is thinking or how they don't get bored with some stuff by now? I understand if they're on a festival and have a short stage time but the set shouldn't be the way it is now since they're headlining. I wonder if Mustaine is thinking of retiring and he's just saying "f**k it" when it comes to the setlist.

I have gotten a lot of their songs via questionable means since then.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 29 2012, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 29 2012, 03:59 PM)

I have gotten a lot of their songs via questionable means since then.

That's fine, buying a full discography right away can get expensive. Listen to the music whatever way you can. That's one of the benfits of the internet today.

Favorite Megadeth songs:

Looking Down The Cross

The Conjuring

Devil's Island

Set The World Afire

In My Darkest Hour

Hook In Mouth

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Hangar 18

Five Magics

Ashes In Your Mouth

Reckoning Day

Black Curtians

She Wolf

Blackmail The Universe

Washington Is Next

Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight

I just did them chronilogically since it would be too hard to figure out specific ranking's.

• Like 1

I went to Gigantor on sat night and walked out on Megadeth. Motorhead kicked Everyones Ass. They should have been the headline act

Megadeth has proven to be one of my favorite metal bands through Dave's tenatious, creative and consistent musical output the last 20 years. Back in the 80's I wouldn't have said as much. I liked Peace Sells a lot, but after So Far, So Good and the following 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' cover they did for the movie Shocker, they fell out of favor. That stuff couldn't hold a candle to what Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax were doing then. It even took a while for me to warm up to Rust In Peace, because I couldn't figure out what the identity of the band really was. Now I dig almost all of their stuff and IMO, Dave is one of the best rhythm guitar players of all time and a super creative song writer. His songs are thoughtful and almost have a sense of humor at times, while remaining heavy. Only on the last few albums has he begun to 'retread' a little here and there. Peace Sells is an absolute classic, and RIP is damn near as good (though technically better). The latest album and Endgame are freakin killer too. Props to Dave for keepin the Megadeth machine rolling all these years. 1022.gif
  • Like 1

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 31 2012, 09:30 AM)
I went to Gigantor on sat night and walked out on Megadeth.  Motorhead kicked Everyones Ass. They should have been the headline act

They're often mentioned as a "second tier" band which is a crock of shit. Most definitely headliner material trink38.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 30 2012, 04:30 PM)
I went to Gigantor on sat night and walked out on Megadeth. Motorhead kicked Everyones Ass. They should have been the headline act

You sat through Lacuna Coil but walked out on Megadeth? I don't believe you! laugh.gif

• Like 1

I've heard the Megadeth setlists have been boring as hell. I saw them in 2010 when they did all of RIP live and it was amazing. Some of the best live stuff I've ever seen.

But now, with 13 under their belts, they've chosen to do songs like Guns, Drugs & Money live? Seriously?! Probably the worst song on the album and it's chosen every night. It boggles the mind.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jan 31 2012, 01:55 PM)
I've heard the Megadeth setlists have been boring as hell. I saw them in 2010 when they did all of RIP live and it was amazing. Some of the best live stuff I've ever seen.

But now, with 13 under their belts, they've chosen to do songs like Guns, Drugs & Money live? Seriously?! Probably the worst song on the album and it's chosen every night. It boggles the mind.

Sudden Death is my favorite off the new album. The album only has a handful of good tunes and two of three they've been playing, Whoose Life Is It Anyways? and Guns, Drugs & Money are two of the worst, especially Whoose Life which is just awful. I'm fine with them doing Public Enemy #1, I like that song a lot.

I'd like to see them do something like Deadly Nightshade or Never Dead off the new one. Unfortunately, it looks to me as if Mustaine has gotten even more lazy when it comes to practicing new songs or re-learning old ones. If he doesn't wanna do it then it isn't gonna get done. The other guys in the band are just there to collect a steady paycheck and that's it, so you know they don't have any influence on the set.