The Official Megadeth Thread

Union 5-3992

Watch.. Dave's.. Setlist.. Picks..

SUPERCOLLIDER!

Poison.. was the cure's.. too hard to play..

SUPERCOLLIDER! SUPERCOLLIDER!

So let's.. do "Guns".. everyday..

SUPERCOLLIDER!

Without Nick and Marty we're a shade of pale

Our setlist isn't stale

That's entertainment!

One of my favourite bands. I've seen them quite a few times over the years & always really enjoyed it. They only ever made one absolute dog of a record (the atrocious "Risk") & one average one ("Cryptic Writings"). Other than that I feel they've had a consistently good career.

Their songs are great fun to learn to play too. I like them. :notworthy:

One of my favourite bands. I've seen them quite a few times over the years & always really enjoyed it. They only ever made one absolute dog of a record (the atrocious "Risk") & one average one ("Cryptic Writings"). Other than that I feel they've had a consistently good career.

I totally have to disagree with you about Cryptic. Its one of their better albums, IMO. They had already been catering to the more commercial on the previous two albums, Cryptic is just more aggressive, but great songs all the same.
  • Like 1

I totally have to disagree with you about Cryptic. Its one of their better albums, IMO. They had already been catering to the more commercial on the previous two albums, Cryptic is just more aggressive, but great songs all the same.

Yes, I think it's just me that isn't really into "CW". Most fans seem to really admire it. I much prefer "The System Has Failed" & "The World Needs A Hero" myself, so I suppose I am in the minority there.

Yes, I think it's just me that isn't really into "CW". Most fans seem to really admire it. I much prefer "The System Has Failed" & "The World Needs A Hero" myself, so I suppose I am in the minority there.

I love The System Has Failed. It was my first Megadeth album and I still love it the most out of all their modern releases. I like Cryptic Writings a lot, but I'd still take System over it any day.

I like everything but Risk. The World Needs a Hero and Thirteen aren't great, but I don't think they suck. The rest is either f***ing awesome (Peace Sells, Rust in Peace!) or at least good (Youthanasia, Endgame) to me.
  • Like 1

Just heard the title track from Super Collider. Unbelievably bland song. C'mon Mustaine, get it together already!!

Where can you hear this? Can't find it on youtube.

I found a mediafire link. I think someone also posted it on soundcloud.

I just bought two tickets to Megadeth and Iron Maiden, in Raleigh, on September 3. Is Megadeth going to really be that bad?

I've never seen either of them, but from reading this thread, it sounds like I'm only going to get my money's worth with Maiden.

Thoughts???

I just bought two tickets to Megadeth and Iron Maiden, in Raleigh, on September 3. Is Megadeth going to really be that bad?

I've never seen either of them, but from reading this thread, it sounds like I'm only going to get my money's worth with Maiden.

Thoughts???

Seen Megadeth loads of times & it's always been a good show.

• Like 1

They're good live, there's just never any surprises with the setlist.

I played "Super Collider" for my wife, who's also a big fan.....the look on her face was hilarious. I will take you higherrrrrrrr. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll play that masterpiece.

• Like 1

Thoughts???

I've seen Megadeth live six times and have enjoyed every one of the shows. They only problem they've had recently live is that i've read about are Mustaine's vocals losing some strength and his voice can get lost in the mix sometimes. I've read that they tune down their instruments now and that has corrected the problem though.

Like Storm Shadow said, the main complaint about Megadeth live is their lack of mixing up the setlist. If it's your first time seeing them obviously you will be thrilled to hear whatever they play. They have mixed it up a bit by playing all of Rust In Peace and all of Countdown To Extinction in it's entirety live when they did special tours for those albums 20th anniversarys in 2010 and 2012. But unless it's a special themed tour Megadeth doesn't dust off anything different to play. You'll get a couple new songs mixed in with the old standards they play and that's about it with their live show.

In fact i'm gonna predict what their opening set for Maiden will be right now:

Trust (for some unknown reason they love opening with this one the last couple years)

Wake Up Dead

Hangar 18

Supercollider

Sweating Bullets or A Toute Le Monde

(maybe another new song but probably not)

Peace Sells

Symphony Of Destruction

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

If i'm off at all on this I will be shocked. That's how predictable Megadeth's live sets are now.

• Like 1

The new song is just as bad as the last album. It's over Dave , you will never be Metallica . Shame , such good players in his band

it's a shame that a band with such a good discography turns all their live shows into greatest hits CDs

I have been going to see Megadave since the Killing Is My Buss tour. What i saw/heard at Yankee Stadium for the Big 4 show was Atrocious . Yes , his vocals are shot