The Official Megadeth Thread

Union 5-3992

An interesting bit on news from from the show Union and I attended. It appears as if the venue oversold tickets for it. A friend of my brothers was talking to one of the security guys there about how stuffed it was and the security guy said he had never seen the venue this crowded and that there was at least a couple hundred more people in there than usual.

At least the suspicions of my brother and I that the place was over capacity has been confirmed. We've been to packed shows at the venue before but it was never anything like this. It was oversold to the point where it was very uncomfortable in there and times and hard to enjoy the show.

They're lucky the fire department didn't come it and shut the place down. I'm guessing the venue probably donates money to them, or straight up bribes them, in order to keep them off their back because there is no way they couldn't have gone in there and stopped the show.

Wow, I couldn't even tell where I was. But it was pretty hard to get out at the end because so many people just stood and loitered. I hope there's a bit less people for Ghost next month, they haven't sold out yet I don't think.

I'm not sure if Ghost will sell out or not. Yes, they're pretty popular but they're also newer and haven't built up a following and name recognition over the course of a few decades like Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies have. So, there should be a lot of people there but I don't think it will be anywhere near as stuffed as this show was.

The really good bill helped sell tickets for this show too. Rarely will you have three really good support bands like this tour had. I shouldn't leave out Bodom in this either. They've been around for a while now and have built up a solid following as well. There were a lot of people there just for Suicidal who haven't played here in I don't know how long. The last time I saw them around here was in 1994 opening for Metallica at darien lake PAC. Not sure if they've ever been back since? Danzig was also on the bill and the venue was destroyed that night.

Edited by J2112YYZ

US tour with Amon Amarth, Suicidal Tendencies, Metal Church and Havok. Who will have any energy once Megadeth hits the stage? Their fanbase isn't exactly that young anymore :cool:

Sep. 20 - Casper Events Center - Casper, WY+

Sep. 22 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV

Sep. 24 - “Ozzfest” San Manuel Amphitheater - Devore, CA * +

Sep. 27 - WaMu Theater - Seattle, WA

Sep. 28 - Matthew Knight Arena - Eugene, OR

Sep. 29 - City National Civic - San Jose, CA

Oct. 01 - 1st Bank Center - Bloomfield, CO

Oct. 03 - Mid America Recreation & Conv. Complex - Council Bluffs, IA

Oct. 04 - Roy Wilkins Auditorium - St. Paul, MN

Oct. 05 - Sears Centre - Chicago, IL

Oct. 07 - iWireless Center - Moline, IL

Oct. 08 - UWM Panther Arena - Milwaukee, WI

Oct. 09 - Joe Louis Arena - Detroit, MI

Oct. 11 - Sands Event Center - Bethlehem, PA

Oct. 12 - DCU Center - Worcester, MA

Oct. 13 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Uncasville, CT

Oct. 14 - Prudential Center - Newark, NJ

Oct. 16 - BB&T Pavilion - Camden, NJ

* Festival date

+ Non-SUICIDAL TENDENCIES date

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeth-announces-u-s-tour-with-amon-amarth-suicidal-tendencies-metal-church-havok/

I'm a bit late to the party and am now listening to Dystopia for the first time. This album is EXCELLENT. So glad that Mustaine is no longer whining (although maybe he stopped a while ago; this is the first release I've heard from them since Rust).
  • Like 1

I'm a bit late to the party and am now listening to Dystopia for the first time. This album is EXCELLENT. So glad that Mustaine is no longer whining (although maybe he stopped a while ago; this is the first release I've heard from them since Rust).

By 'whining' do you mean his vocal style?

He calmed down on the whining vocal style after Rust. On the next album Countdown To Extinction, he started to learn how to be more melodic with his vocals. He still does the whining a little bit but he definitely does more 'singing' now, if that's what you want to call it. Mustaine isn't really a singer though.

Most of the fans love the new album as well.

I listened to United Abominations today, and loved it! I can´t understand the criticism this album gets. And I got the version with bonus tracks: Black Swan, and a crazy cover of Zeppelin´s Out on the Tiles.
  • Like 2

I listened to United Abominations today, and loved it! I can´t understand the criticism this album gets. And I got the version with bonus tracks: Black Swan, and a crazy cover of Zeppelin´s Out on the Tiles.

Saw them on that tour.

Opening the show with Sleepwalker :haz:

• Like 2

Have you heard anything else besides Rust In Peace yet?

Not yet. I had some money for Easter for music, but I decided to let Rust In Peace still be my only Megadeth album and upped my Judas Priest collection instead (yeah SWoD!). I can't decide if I want to snatch up Peace Sells or So Far in the next month or so before summer gets here and I get Countdown (trying to attach it to vacation cuz I think it fits the kind of sound I love for vacation music based on the singles, and my parents surprising enjoyed Megadeth when I played them some various metal bands). It'll probably depend on if I want to get Countdown on vacation or a while before, cuz that could be up to a month's difference, and if I choose to wait for vacation to arrive, I'll probably try to get another one before then to tide me over.

I'm really careful about this stuff. I like to make collection last longer than it has to for the bands I enjoy the most.

Hard to chose between Peace Sells and So Far...They're both awesome.

Megadeth is also touring with Scorpions later in the year, and will be in Toronto in September. I'll try to catch them, since I haven't seen them with Kiko, and NEVER saw Scorpions live.

Not yet. I had some money for Easter for music, but I decided to let Rust In Peace still be my only Megadeth album and upped my Judas Priest collection instead (yeah SWoD!). I can't decide if I want to snatch up Peace Sells or So Far in the next month or so before summer gets here and I get Countdown (trying to attach it to vacation cuz I think it fits the kind of sound I love for vacation music based on the singles, and my parents surprising enjoyed Megadeth when I played them some various metal bands). It'll probably depend on if I want to get Countdown on vacation or a while before, cuz that could be up to a month's difference, and if I choose to wait for vacation to arrive, I'll probably try to get another one before then to tide me over.

I'm really careful about this stuff. I like to make collection last longer than it has to for the bands I enjoy the most.

Get Peace Sells first. It's a much better album beginning to end than So Far. If you love RIP than Peace Sells will be no different. Just remember to get the original releases of everything through Countdown. Those "remasters" where a bad idea since Mustaine had to re-record a lot of parts because the original tapes were lost.

So Far is an OK album overall. There are three bonafide classics with Set The World Afire, In My Darkest Hour and Hook In Mouth. Into The Lungs Of Hell is a good instrumental but the rest of the album is a bit whatever to me.

• Like 1

So Far is an OK album overall. There are three bonafide classics with Set The World Afire, In My Darkest Hour and Hook In Mouth. Into The Lungs Of Hell is a good instrumental but the rest of the album is a bit whatever to me.

Liar is actually my favorite on there. But I agree that the album isn't great overall.

Get Peace Sells first. It's a much better album beginning to end than So Far. If you love RIP than Peace Sells will be no different. Just remember to get the original releases of everything through Countdown. Those "remasters" where a bad idea since Mustaine had to re-record a lot of parts because the original tapes were lost.

Yeah I've heard about those remasters with the rerecorded vocals. I know my RIP is original (actually a rare remaster for iTunes with the original vocals), and I know the Peace Sells on iTunes has original vocals as well. The others though, might be harder to find.

So I finally got Countdown (I'll probably be on to Peace Sells next). It threw me off a bit at first, but the more I listen the more I love it!

Sweating Bullets

Symphony Of Destruction

CAPTIVE HONOUR

Ashes In Your Mouth

Countdown To Extinction

All soooooo awesome! Well worth the wait, and the rest ain't any kind of filler either! There's this one bluesy guitar solo-interlude in High Speed Dirt that's hilarious, just as an example.

And now that I'm hearing them more over Mustaine, Marty and Nick are undeniably excellent.

• Like 1

So I finally got Countdown (I'll probably be on to Peace Sells next). It threw me off a bit at first, but the more I listen the more I love it!

Sweating Bullets

Symphony Of Destruction

CAPTIVE HONOUR

Ashes In Your Mouth

Countdown To Extinction

All soooooo awesome! Well worth the wait, and the rest ain't any kind of filler either! There's this one bluesy guitar solo-interlude in High Speed Dirt that's hilarious, just as an example.

And now that I'm hearing them more over Mustaine, Marty and Nick are undeniably excellent.

Yeah, that lineup was awesome...I wonder what went wrong after Youthanasia, which was still a great album. The last album with Nick, Criptic Writings, is not that good. And Risk is awful!