The Official Megadeth Thread

Union 5-3992

I really really hate the bloodiness of those Dystopia cartoon videos. I hate seeing all that carnage. Decapitated bodies, etc. Gross. Too much like the news.

All I know is the new album is fantastic!

Dude you are so right. It's really tempting to make proclamations of grandeur about it. It's the shiznit, and a major entry into Megadeth's catalog

• Like 3

I really really hate the bloodiness of those Dystopia cartoon videos. I hate seeing all that carnage. Decapitated bodies, etc. Gross. Too much like the news.

Dude you are so right. It's really tempting to make proclamations of grandeur about it. It's the shiznit, and a major entry into Megadeth's catalog

I have no problem rating this album so highly this early. I think i probably have 5 listens at least. It is that good. I dont see myself saying, oops this isnt as good as i thought. Its freaking an outstanding effort.

• Like 3

I have no problem rating this album so highly this early. I think i probably have 5 listens at least. It is that good. I dont see myself saying, oops this isnt as good as i thought. Its freaking an outstanding effort.

This is better than CTE for me. It is that epic. The songs are much stronger across the board...am I cray cray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JlPjSTRkIA

• Like 2

This is better than CTE for me. It is that epic. The songs are much stronger across the board...am I cray cray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JlPjSTRkIA

No, i like it better than CTE also

• Like 2

Love them. I own everything from KIMB to Th1rte3n and have seen them live a bunch of times since my first show in 1998. I refuse to see them again live until they change up their setlist however.

Favorite songs:

Wake Up Dead

Set The World Afire

In My Darkest Hour

Mary Jane

Architecture Of Aggression

High Speed Dirt

Ashes In Your Mouth

Reckoning Day

A Secret Place

FFF

great faves there!

"United Abominations" is an underrated album too.When they were on the Priest Feast tour they played a few off that record. Really strong set of songs.

yes! Seriously underrated!

I don't even know what you're talking about?

you must have not seen the videos yet then, otherwise you'd know exactly what I mean. But I'm only talking about not liking the gore, NOT the music!

So this new album is pretty damn good, huh?

Lol, yep.

I have to say it has surprised me. I kinda thought it would be a "solid" effort, but my expectations were not much higher than that. My best hope was maybe another endgame. Dont get me wrong, i like endgame but this one smokes it. Wierd how sonetimes bands come out of nowhere with great return albums. It is releases like this that keep me happy with all my old favorite groups , because you never know

• Like 2

So this new album is pretty damn good, huh?

Lol, yep.

I have to say it has surprised me. I kinda thought it would be a "solid" effort, but my expectations were not much higher than that. My best hope was maybe another endgame. Dont get me wrong, i like endgame but this one smokes it. Wierd how sonetimes bands come out of nowhere with great return albums. It is releases like this that keep me happy with all my old favorite groups , because you never know

Yeah, I would have been fine with something like Endgame or United Abominations. Both of those albums have three or four really strong songs and the rest is solid enough.

But this album just kicks ass all the way through. It doesn't let up at all until The Emperor. That's a decent tune but it's also the odd one out on the album because it doesn't fit the darker, heavier feel of everything else. It's a minor flaw though and doesn't ruin the album.

• Like 1

It's an okay album, I guess. There are some pretty decent songs. But as a big Megadeth fan, I've grown tired of Dave's completely overt political lyrics. There was a time when he was a little more witty and made tongue-in-cheek lyrics. But these are just outright statements. The production is also pretty bad. Overly compressed, no breathing room in the instrumentation whatsoever. Drums are pushed to the background along with Junior's bass being completely drowned out by everything else in the mix. I really wish Dave would find someone else who actually has ears and can hear how loud his records are. You can't even turn the volume up on this album without getting exhausted from listening to something so loud. Blah. But I guess that's a complaint I have about many modern records these days. How people don't hear this kind of mess before they put out a professionally made product is beyond my comprehension.
  • Like 1

It's an okay album, I guess. There are some pretty decent songs. But as a big Megadeth fan, I've grown tired of Dave's completely overt political lyrics. There was a time when he was a little more witty and made tongue-in-cheek lyrics. But these are just outright statements. The production is also pretty bad. Overly compressed, no breathing room in the instrumentation whatsoever. Drums are pushed to the background along with Junior's bass being completely drowned out by everything else in the mix. I really wish Dave would find someone else who actually has ears and can hear how loud his records are. You can't even turn the volume up on this album without getting exhausted from listening to something so loud. Blah. But I guess that's a complaint I have about many modern records these days. How people don't hear this kind of mess before they put out a professionally made product is beyond my comprehension.

Yeah dave has a mega case of nugentitis these days.

Kissing the ass of a certain fox news host is a far cry from dave back in the day.

From megadeth to smegmabreth....

Yeah dave has a mega case of nugentitis these days.

Kissing the ass of a certain fox news host is a far cry from dave back in the day.

From megadeth to smegmabreth....

Who is Dave kissing the ass of?

• Like 1

endgame was my favorite thing they'd done since youthanasia.

I think dave needs to start smoking crack again so we can get some more amazing music :AlienSmiley:

I propose we take it a step further and get him back on heroin. Maybe get him to knock off the Born Again stuff too while we're at it

:no:
  • Like 1

The tour started over the weekend. To say that i'm very disappointed in the setlist and the lack of new songs is an understatement. Just the same old same old from the band.

http://www.setlist.f...x-13f36181.html

I just don't get it.

That can´t be right...ONE song off the new album? And it´s not even one of the standout tracks...