Alice Cooper

NobodysHeroine

How do you make that sound at the beginning of Unfinished Sweet? I'm assuming it's a guitar?

Considering this was 1973, they did this song pretty good without all of the sequencers and triggers or whatever they are called that they used later.

Too bad I can't recall my reaction to this concert, but I must have satisfied.

Edit: Don't mean to keep gushing, but this bootleg is really excellent. What impresses me the most is knowing the amount of booze he was consuming, and assuming that the other band members were high on one drug or another, they sounded darn good.

I am surprised thought that he can still sing today. He used his voice pretty harshly back then with all of his throaty screaming.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I always thought the beginning of Unfinished Sweet was played with keyboards of some kind. Saw him play the song back in 1997 but am drawing a blank on how it was done.

Here's a great fan page for all sorts of Cooper info.

http://sickthingsuk.co.uk

I have no idea what it is. I just assumed it was a guitar.

Have you heard the new album?

I always thought the beginning of Unfinished Sweet was played with keyboards of some kind. Saw him play the song back in 1997 but am drawing a blank on how it was done.

Sounds like a bass wah effect of some sort, and then with an added phaser as soon as the guitar kicks in

• Like 1

Sorry, I just saw this.

I only heard one song from the new album.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just saw this.

I only heard one song from the new album.

I'm sure it's up on YouTube if you wanted to hear it.

• Like 2

I listened to the album.

The three songs I liked on it:

Fireball

Paranormal

Paranoiac Personality

The other songs, I got the impression that he was reaching back trying to recapture something that was long gone.

On the other hand, it's pretty impressive for someone his age to still be churning out music like this.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

The Jimmy Kimmel interview is gone.

That was my bad, I fixed the link now.

This is actually from yesterday? He looks terrific. But, I have to be honest, he had better be careful. Look what happened to Tom Petty. Alice is no spring chicken. He could have a heart attack and drop dead from these stressful tours.

Edited by Lorraine

The Jimmy Kimmel interview is gone.

That was my bad, I fixed the link now.

This is actually from yesterday? He looks terrific. But, I have to be honest, he had better be careful. Look what happened to Tom Petty. Alice is no spring chicken. He could have a heart attack and drop dead from these stressful tours.

He turns 70 next year so he's a few years older than Petty. He seems to take great care of himself and live very healthy since getting sober back in the 80s. I see him in the same vein as Keith Richards. They've both defied the odds and keep on going. But yes, something like a heart attack can happen out of nowhere.

Had the good fortune to see Alice last night.

WHAT A GIG! Magnificent. And Nita Strauss, my GOD, she is amazing. And beautiful.

Hatch, what songs did he do?

Here you go. Looks similar to what he was doing in North America earlier this year.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alice-cooper/2017/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-1be0b9c8.html

• Like 1

Hatch, did he do the scream at the beginning of Billion Dollar Babies? I'd be surprised if he did. That would be touch on his throat at his age. I mean doing it once in a while is one thing, but on tour for months and nights on end is something else.

How do you do BDB without Donovan?

Edited by Lorraine