Alice Cooper

NobodysHeroine

I'm listening to Killer for the first time in almost forty years. I had forgotten what a good album it is. All I can think of is Max's Kansas City because that's about the time I was going there a lot. Edited by Lorraine

On the news last night, they talked about Alice Cooper finding a Warhol piece that he forgot he had in a storage locker. It has been there for over 40 years and they said a similar one sold at auction for over $10,000,000.00!
  • Like 2

Listening to a couple bootlegs from the current tour. I must say impressed with how good his voice has held up again. I get it the guys not an all star vocalist, but still sounds very strong live. Cant wait to see him in august

Can you post links for the bootlegs?

I dont think so as they were from dime and i think you would need an acct to access

But if works we will try

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=594850&hit=1

Edited by djflex
  • Like 1

On the news last night, they talked about Alice Cooper finding a Warhol piece that he forgot he had in a storage locker. It has been there for over 40 years and they said a similar one sold at auction for over $10,000,000.00!

That's hilarious :D over 40 years.. So around ~1977? He must have been drunk off his ass :D

Good ol' young Coop.

• Like 1

Listening to a couple bootlegs from the current tour. I must say impressed with how good his voice has held up again. I get it the guys not an all star vocalist, but still sounds very strong live. Cant wait to see him in august

I dont think so as they were from dime and i think you would need an acct to access

But if works we will try

http://www.dimeadoze...id=594850&hit=1

It says I have to be logged in.

But if works we will try

Yes. You need to obtain a login but it's not easy. Maybe it is now but years back they would only allow new member logins a few times a year.

But if works we will try

Yes. You need to obtain a login but it's not easy. Maybe it is now but years back they would only allow new member logins a few times a year.

What is this place? Some elite country club of Dadrockers or something?

• Like 1

But if works we will try

It says I need to fill in Preferred BitTorrent Client" and "Website" - I have no idea what a "preferred bittorrent client" is and I have no website.

I'll just forget the whole thing.

• Like 1

But if works we will try

It says I need to fill in Preferred BitTorrent Client" and "Website" - I have no idea what a "preferred bittorrent client" is and I have no website.

I'll just forget the whole thing.

Yeah. You need a BitTorrent Client that manages your download and uploads.

Just got it from HMV!

Paranormal listening party at mine tonight!

Well? What's the verdict?

I've listened to it a couple times. It's like everything he's done since 2003. Half the album is solid the rest is meh.

• Like 2

Tonight I will see this guy live, cant wait!

How was it man??? I´m seeing him in a few months!!!

It was a really great show. I was standing at second row and could not stand still at all. Was dancing and jumping to every song, really good concert!

• Like 3

Good to hear, Zumbi!!! I´ve never seen him live, and I´m looking forward to it. I heard the new album once so far, and liked it. It´s nothing jaw dropping or anything, but a solid album. The songs I didn´t care much for are the "boogie woogie" ones, like Holy Water and Rats. But one listen is not enough to form an opinion, so I´ll just stop there.
  • Like 1

After listening to the new album a number of times now, I really am enjoying it a lot. The songs I was indifferent to after my first couple listens i've come around on.

Favorite songs:

Paranormal

Fireball

Paranoic Personality

Private Public Breakdown

The Sound Of A

Genuine American Girl

• Like 1

I'm not trying to brag or anything. I used to listen to Alice's radio show. I was 99% certain that he was reading my posts from the NIN forum as well as my thread at Chris's website. Alice did everything except quote me directly. I'm not mad at him. I'm actually flattered that I influenced the man. I saw him a few years ago when he toured with Rob Zombie.
  • Like 2

Getting my copy tomorrow!

Picked up both Paranormal and Along Came a Spider last week. Still haven't listened to them, lol. I often have to be in the right mood to enjoy X artist.

I'm listening to a bootleg right now from the Billion Dollar Babies tour - Los Angeles Forum (thank you Stephen :heart: ). For a bootleg from 1973, it's pretty good.

He had a really good drummer. I never noticed him before. That's why I love bootlegs. I get to hear things I never heard on albums. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I was never good at deciphering lyrics. If they weren't included on the album jacket, I was lost most of the time.

Today I discovered that he was singing "I think I got a live one" instead of what I thought he was singing which was "I think I got a life boat".

• Like 1