Alice Cooper

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#21 MassProductionZone

MassProductionZone

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Chicks,cycling,art,music,etc.,etc.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jan 27 2012, 10:29 AM)
Love Alice!!!!

My favorite album remains Love it to Death followed by Killer.  There's not a bad song on either album!!  The Ballad of Dwight Fry gives me chills every time I hear it.

TOTALLY! How it fades into Sun Arise.. Brilliant 1022.gif I really liked that you could hear Alice's influence's in the G'n'R and Smashing Pumpkins records.

Sponsored Post

#22 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12494 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Tick @ Jan 26 2012, 10:06 AM)
1022.gif
and one of my personal favorites....

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Thanks for the post Tick!

I've never seen this before.

One of my favourite Coop tunes in one my favourite Coop eras.

Good to see Ryan Roxie play guitar on one of his first AC tours.

Cheers, you rock!

#23 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9817 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (MassProductionZone @ Jan 27 2012, 09:34 PM)
Love Alice!!!!

My favorite album remains Love it to Death followed by Killer.  There's not a bad song on either album!!  The Ballad of Dwight Fry gives me chills every time I hear it.

TOTALLY! How it fades into Sun Arise.. Brilliant 1022.gif I really liked that you could hear Alice's influence's in the G'n'R and Smashing Pumpkins records.

You can hear and see Alice's influence all over the rock/metal world, not just in those two bands. I now he got into the rock and roll hall of fame last year but I still think his huge influence over those two genres still doesn't get the respect it deserves.

#24 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12494 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 28 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (MassProductionZone @ Jan 27 2012, 09:34 PM)
Love Alice!!!!

You can hear and see Alice's influence all over the rock/metal world, not just in those two bands. I now he got into the rock and roll hall of fame last year but I still think his huge influence over those two genres still doesn't get the respect it deserves.

goodpost.gif  Agreed!

#25 tjtull

tjtull

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

TGIF!

user posted image

#26 Scobie

Scobie

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

The ultimate sell-out.

He went from being the voice and symbol of the disenfranchised youth of the early 70s, to singing with Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy on the Muppet Show, when he was not appearing on the Hollywood Squares.

I listen to his older stuff on a regular basis, but nothing that does not include his original band.

#27 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

user posted image

Happy birthday, Alice! Keep being awesome, and keep being the King of Shock Rock. 1022.gif

It's amazing to think that he's been doing this for forty years, isn't it? He just released Welcome 2 My Nightmare last year, and he's now 64. tongue.gif

#28 danielmclark

danielmclark

The Professor

• Members
  • 4076 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Feb 4 2012, 11:29 AM)
Happy birthday, Alice! Keep being awesome, and keep being the King of Shock Rock. 1022.gif

It's amazing to think that he's been doing this for forty years, isn't it? He just released Welcome 2 My Nightmare last year, and he's now 64. tongue.gif

Happy birthday indeed - I'm amazed the dude is only 64 though. I never went looking for the date, but looking at him, I figured he had to be pushing 70-75 at least. I'm surprised to learn he's 64.

(Not an insult - guys age differently, just look at William Shatner (80) vs. Clint Eastwood (81)!)

#29 tel

tel

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2256 posts
  • Interests:rush,bond,ufo,s cinema

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Alice is great, he was on man v food today eating a big hotdog unsure.gif

hotdog.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#30 ReGorLaTroy

ReGorLaTroy

Modern Day Alice Cooper

• Members *
  • 12494 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE COOP!!!

user posted image

#31 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Scobie @ Feb 3 2012, 05:25 PM)
The ultimate sell-out.

He went from being the voice and symbol of the disenfranchised youth of the early 70s, to singing with Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy on the Muppet Show, when he was not appearing on the Hollywood Squares.

I listen to his older stuff on a regular basis, but nothing that does not include his original band.

pokey.gif  They were the Biggest band in the world at that point, people want you Everywhere . Kiss, Sell Outs ? Sure, not Alice

#32 Scobie

Scobie

The Seeker

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 5 2012, 11:50 AM)
pokey.gif  They were the Biggest band in the world at that point, people want you Everywhere . Kiss, Sell Outs ? Sure, not Alice

I would think Led Zeppelin and The Who were bigger bands in the early 70s...
The AC band was probably the biggest U.S. band in 71~74...? (The Doors were done and Kiss hadn't reached that #1 status yet)...

Just because people want you to appear everywhere does not mean you have to go against everything you stood for previously, and sell out to make the industry happy. Everyone has a price, and Alice got his price (no pun... Vincent Price, hahaha).

Kiss, for sure = a marketing campaign that just so happens to play music. Agreed 100%.

Like I said above, I have a ton of respect for the first couple of albums, but once his band deserted him because Alice wanted to go all Hollywood, I gave up on him too.

All that said, **HUGE** kudos to him for getting and staying sober all these years.  

#33 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Scobie @ Feb 5 2012, 12:57 PM)
pokey.gif  They were the Biggest band in the world at that point, people want you Everywhere . Kiss, Sell Outs ? Sure, not Alice

The AC band was probably the biggest U.S. band in 71~74...? (The Doors were done and Kiss hadn't reached that #1 status yet)...

Just because people want you to appear everywhere does not mean you have to go against everything you stood for previously, and sell out to make the industry happy. Everyone has a price, and Alice got his price (no pun... Vincent Price, hahaha).

Kiss, for sure = a marketing campaign that just so happens to play music. Agreed 100%.

Like I said above, I have a ton of respect for the first couple of albums, but once his band deserted him because Alice wanted to go all Hollywood, I gave up on him too.

All that said, **HUGE** kudos to him for getting and staying sober all these years.

I hear ya, i just never looked at Alice as a sell out. Buddy Rich was on the Muppet Show also , he was not a sell out.  I just think the 70's were more open to that kind of thing.  

#34 danielmclark

danielmclark

The Professor

• Members
  • 4076 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 5 2012, 11:59 AM)
pokey.gif  They were the Biggest band in the world at that point, people want you Everywhere . Kiss, Sell Outs ? Sure, not Alice

I hear ya, i just never looked at Alice as a sell out. Buddy Rich was on the Muppet Show also , he was not a sell out.  I just think the 70's were more open to that kind of thing.

The 70's were more open to a lot of things wink.gif

#35 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79246 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 5 2012, 05:59 PM)

I've never seen Alice as a sell out, either.

#36 MMCXII

MMCXII

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6191 posts
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Alice Cooper didn't compromise his music for sales. He didn't sell out.

Also the muppet show was the cool thing to do back then..

Edited by MMCXII, 06 February 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#37 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

user posted image

This is a gift for my Spanish teacher, who's a huge Alice Cooper fan. She's been to eleven concerts since 1976. Since she asked me to go back to the original Welcome to My Nightmare days, that's what I did. cool.gif

The quote in the upper right hand corner says, "School's in." Alice told my teacher that when she met him at a Meet and Greet in 2007. She told Alice about her job as a teacher, to which Alice said, "Well, tell your students, 'School's out.'" School was actually about to start a few days later, so he corrected himself: "School's in." laugh.gif

There's just something about Alice wearing a top hat. wink.gif

This is my first time drawing Alice, so I'm quite happy with it. tongue.gif

#38 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Great art work !

#39 nappy2112

nappy2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2508 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ryan Roxie will return replacing Steve Hunter for this summers tour.

and yes Orianthi will be back as well.  wub.gif  

#40 tjtull

tjtull

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Just got tix to see Alice on Jun 16 at The Pageant in St. Louis.  Stoked!!!

1022.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users