Alice Cooper

NobodysHeroine

He's been doing that radio show a lot longer than two years, try like ten. It's been broadcast on our local classic rock station for a long time now. I've only heard it a handful of times but it is a pretty cool listen.

Oh, I made a poor assumption then.

It's really nice often he does it. It's some of the only media I know of today which I'm willing to sit through commercial breaks for.

For those who don't know, Alice Cooper has been doing a radio show for nearly two years now and it really is a great listen.

http://affiliatefind...tions.com/nwac/

^ to find what radio stations near you are broadcasting it. Plenty of websites to listen to it on too, which is what I do.

Only have listened to one show, but the setlist was fantastic and he exercises his knowledge not only in songs of his own he plays, but others too.

Or, he offers his opinion at the very least. I've learned that 90125 is his favorite Yes record, not too big of a surprise but still nice to know.

We listen to it at work,

About four months ago a woman at work sent him an email about us. We pretty much gave up on him reading it.

Then around three weeks ago he read it.

We were all freaking out and high fiving each other. :LOL: :7up: Still trying get a copy of it but no luck so far.

I agree with you ReRushed...

...Muscle of Love sounds better and better every time I hear it.

It is odd that Alice and other members of the ACG downplay it so much.

Could be the memories attached to it and where they were at the time.

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/albums/page_images/a-mol3.jpg

It is the first that wasn't produced by Bob Ezrin (not including Pretties For You & Easy Action)

There are some true gems on that record.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/Acmuscle.jpg/220px-Acmuscle.jpg

How good is "Hard Hearted Alice"?

I love that song!

I agree as well. Awesome album and extremely underrated. Saw Alice play the title track just a few years ago, though, so it definitely isn't forgotten!!

Billion Dollars Babies + Muscle of Love... What a year. Bruce was a strong force in Alice Cooper's band and we can thank him for helping make those albums so great.

(I can't say I'm a fan of his backing vocals though... At all... His backing vocals suck.)

• Like 2

Cold Ethyl is the epitome of Rock

If I had to explain Rock music to someone with one song, it'd be Cold Ethyl. Perfect bridge between classic rock and heavy metal (well yeah, that's what Hard Rock is I guess), it'd be a good starting point for the alien to branch off from as a reference.

It's lyrics are also genius with the double meaning, describing Alice Cooper's problem with necrophilia using alcoholism as a metaphor! ( ;) ) -- seriously though, it's great... I wouldn't know how to begin to write something with a two-pronged meaning like that without copying Alice's framework for it.

Edited by Mr. Not

I've seen him open with Hello Hooray a few times. The lyrics just make it the perfect show opener even though the music is a little more midtempo. The crowd absolutely loves it when he opens with that.

Now if Alice would just stop opening for a band that is inferior to him in Motely Crue, he can tour on his own again and I will have a chance to see him for the 8th time. For a man pushing 70, he certainly isn't slowing down when it comes to playing shows. Over the last ten years I think he played more shows than in any other decade of his career. I heard a recent interview where he says he doesn't have any plans to retire. I was very happy to hear that.

• Like 1

I saw them when the album first came out. I clearly remember the day I went to MSG to get my ticket and was shocked that there wasn't a line. It was early May - must've been 1973. A few years later I was working for a Manhattan law firm that specialized in entertainment law. Alice Cooper was one of their clients and they used to come to the law firm frequently. It surprised me that they were really nice because their stage persona was so ghoulish, but Alice himself was truly, as he once said, just an Ozzie Nelson.

I've seen him open with Hello Hooray a few times. The lyrics just make it the perfect show opener even though the music is a little more midtempo.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with opening with a mid or even slow tempo song. Some of the best performances open that way.

• Like 2

I saw them when the album first came out. I clearly remember the day I went to MSG to get my ticket and was shocked that there wasn't a line. It was early May - must've been 1973. A few years later I was working for a Manhattan law firm that specialized in entertainment law. Alice Cooper was one of their clients and they used to come to the law firm frequently. It surprised me that they were really nice because their stage persona was so ghoulish, but Alice himself was truly, as he once said, just an Ozzie Nelson.

I've never meet him but in every interview i've ever seen or read with Alice, he comes across as such a nice and down to earth person. He's got a lot of great stories and insight into his career and rock music in general. It's always a good interview when Alice is talking.

Billion Dollar Babies is one of the best albums ever by anyone. Not a bad song on the album.

I want to agree but I don't like the title track much.. as i said before, leave the singing to just alice please :D

Billion Dollar Babies is one of the best albums ever by anyone. Not a bad song on the album.

I want to agree but I don't like the title track much.. as i said before, leave the singing to just alice please :D

Um, who else sings on that song? I always thought it was just Alice. He never has anyone helping him when he does it live.

Um, who else sings on that song? I always thought it was just Alice. He never has anyone helping him when he does it live.

There was a special guest on the studio version...Donovan.

• Like 1