Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've searched everywhere and couldn't find a topic on the most awesome rock and roll band in the world. '74 Jailbreak was one of the first rock records I bought, and got hooked on them when they came to Brazil for the first Rock in Rio, back in 1985. I was only 10 years old back then, and watching Yes, Whitesnake, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Queen and AC/DC kick ass on stage was quite an introduction to rock and heavy metal!

I'm a fan of both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. Anything with Bon was flawless, and I enjoy listening to 99% of what Brian has done. PArticularly the first 4 or 5 records - Back in Black, For Those About..., Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall...a lot of stuff with Brian is seriously underrated!

• Like 1

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 23 2012, 06:38 AM)
I really been into the Bon Scott stuff lately....Love the rawness!!!

Love Night Prowler.

Shazbot, Nanu Nanu

Me too!!! And after reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/AC-DC-Ultimate-Rock-...27319321&sr=1-3, I've rediscovered a few gems of both eras of the band: Overdose, Go Down, Kicked in the Teeth, Rising Power, Sink the Pink, Breaking the Rules...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 23 2012, 07:50 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 23 2012, 06:38 AM)
I really been into the Bon Scott stuff lately....Love the rawness!!!

Love Night Prowler.

Shazbot, Nanu Nanu

Me too!!! And after reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/AC-DC-Ultimate-Rock-...27319321&sr=1-3, I've rediscovered a few gems of both eras of the band: Overdose, Go Down, Kicked in the Teeth, Rising Power, Sink the Pink, Breaking the Rules...

Absolutely the exact same thing happened to me after reading the book!!!!

LOVED IT!!!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 24 2012, 12:27 AM)
I'm a fan of both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. Anything with Bon was flawless, and I enjoy listening to 99% of what Brian has done. PArticularly the first 4 or 5 records - Back in Black, For Those About..., Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall...a lot of stuff with Brian is seriously underrated!

I can only listen to BiB and FTATR before I give up on BJ. Pretty much all the Bon stuff is essential.

You're right, it's been long overdue for their thread trink39.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 23 2012, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 24 2012, 12:27 AM)

I can only listen to BiB and FTATR before I give up on BJ. Pretty much all the Bon stuff is essential.

You're right, it's been long overdue for their thread trink39.gif

I think Brian has one of the most distinctive voices in rock and roll...the man is a dynamo!!! Even now, that he's over 60, with the voice completely ruined by alcohol and cigarettes, he kicks ass.

My wife and I have this joke about how annoying he must sound at home. Can you guys imagine waking up and this guy's in the kitchen screeching "I WANT EGGS AND BACOOOOONNNNNN!!! OOOH YEAHHHH!!!".

I can only listen to BiB and FTATR before I give up on BJ.

Black Ice is the best album since For Those About To Rock, imo

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 23 2012, 01:40 PM)

I quite liked Ballbreaker, and after that they kinda fell flat for me. But live, it's a completely different game - almost a religious experience.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 24 2012, 07:40 AM)

Just because you said that I will give it another listen.

I missed them in '96 during the Ballbreaker tour down south in Brazil, and will never forgive me for that. Then in '09 I was living in Perth, Australia, and they announced the first aussie tour since 2003...I missed a business meeting and stopped everything I was doing to stand in line to get tickets because Ticketmaster's website was crashing. I managed to get the worst tickets ever on the second show they booked for Perth, and still, it was totally worth it!!! As it turned out, my wife and I eventually decided to get back to Brazil, and I booked the flights home the day after the concert. Talk about an appropriate send off!!!

QUOTE (MassProductionZone @ Jan 24 2012, 12:41 PM)
For me they topped out during the Big Balls era and man, I can only count to four for so long then I explode wacko.gif. AC/DC is to In and Out burgers what  2.gif is to a Vegas buffet.

oops, meant to say Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap era.