Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

if they pick a popular singer (i.e. a Grohl, etc) it will be a disgrace. If they pick someone new and relatively unknown it *could* be intriguing. Would particularly like to hear someone that can sing Bon era songs well. Never liked Brian's renditions.

If they picked Grolh (I doubt it) Aussie fans will storm the stage and tear him limb-from-limb.

They should use Nikki Hill (American female singer who does great covers of AC'DC songs and is very easy on the eyes). I'm sure Bon would approve.

:drool:

Edited by thirteen

Not sure if this is true or not but holy shit

http://www.metalsuck...n-johnson-acdc/

Still wouldn't shell out the money though... :|

That's not AC/DC anymore, it's Guns N' DC or AC Roses.

It'll be like Queen with Paul Rodgers. Angus and co will be playing Welcome to the Jungle next...

Edited by treeduck

It'll be like Queen with Paul Rodgers. Angus and co will be playing Welcome to the Jungle next...

Yeah, I just saw this a few different places. Best of luck to AC/DC if that's the way they want to go. Axl is supposed to be so easy to work with . . . . . :P :P :P

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Yeah, I just saw this a few different places. Best of luck to AC/DC if that's the way they want to go. Axl is supposed to be so easy to work with . . . . . :P :P :P

If they brought in someone like Marc Storace from Krokus not only would they have a singer who sounded like an AC/DC singer but they wouldn't have a performer who had too much of a distracting persona garnered in another much too well known band. Angus and Axl onstage would be like a rock n' roll Pro Bowl and it would suck just as badly.

• Like 1

Horrible choice if they go with Axl.

Is this seriously being considered?

I believe he is being considered for the 10 guest spot shows that have to be rescheduled. Rumour is its a done deal, but who knows

His singing voice is just as shot as Johnson's....but it's AC/DC, so I guess it doesn't matter. :eh:

Edited by Principled Man

His singing voice is just as shot as Johnson's....but it's AC/DC, so I guess it doesn't matter. :eh:

To me, this move would turn one of the most honest, down do Earth and truly authentic bands out there into a cabaret act overnight.

• Like 2

To me, this move would turn one of the most honest, down do Earth and truly authentic bands out there into a cabaret act overnight.

Get Marc Storace, do the 10 shows, and then pack it in.

• Like 3

I agree . This is a terrible idea