Official AC/DC Thread

Rod in Toronto

Spent the night watching AC/DC documentaries this weekend. They've got such an interesting story.

Capped it off with Let There Be Rock, of course.

LABT's post inspired me. Got a little Powerage going now. Geez what an era that was and a great time to be in high school.... :cheers:

Very nice indeed! :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, here´s Play Ball:

Tracklist to Rock or Bust also announced:

01. Rock or Bust

02. Play Ball

03. Rock The Blues Away

04. Miss Adventure

05. Dogs of War

06. Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder

07. Hard Times

08. Baptism By Fire

09. Rock the House

10. Sweet Candy

11. Emission Control

Has it been confirmed? Worst AC/DC cover ever. Even worse than Blow Up your Video and Flick of the Switch. It looks like something made wit WordArt.

Well, let's be honest, it's not like AC/DC has that many good album covers to begin with. I have no issue with this being the cover for the new album.

Has it been confirmed? Worst AC/DC cover ever. Even worse than Blow Up your Video and Flick of the Switch. It looks like something made wit WordArt.

I know, that cover sucks! :LOL: It looks like a bad effort by a photoshop first timer. :16ton:

• Like 1

Bust I bet......

Did you like the last album Black Ice? That was the best one since the mid 80's.

Not really much of a fan of the Brian Johnson AC/DC. I am sure you are not surprised by that. I am sure its all wonderful but I have no interest to be honest....

Bust I bet......

Did you like the last album Black Ice? That was the best one since the mid 80's.

Not really much of a fan of the Brian Johnson AC/DC. I am sure you are not surprised by that. I am sure its all wonderful but I have no interest to be honest....

Fair enough mate...

• Like 1

AC/DC Drummer PHIL RUDD Missing From New Promotional Photo

http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/acdcpressphoto2014bigger_638.jpg

AC/DC has released an official new publicity photo of the band and notably absent from it is drummer Phil Rudd, who was also a no-show at the group's recent video shoot on October 3 and October 4 for the two new singles, "Play Ball" and "Rock Or Bust". Rudd was replaced for the filming by drummer Bob Richards (who had previously played with SHOGUN and IRON MAIDEN guitarist Adrian Smith), with singer Brian Johnson reportedly telling fans at the shoot that Rudd was unable to participate due to an undisclosed "family emergency."

Neither Rudd nor the band has issued any further comment on his absence from the shoot. Now the fact that he is missing from the first official band photo for its new album can only be cause for concern among fans already saddened by the departure of founding guitarist Malcolm Young, who is suffering from dementia.

Rudd joined AC/DC in 1974 and has been its only Australian-born member since 1977. He exited AC/DC in 1983 and was succeeded by Simon Wright and Chris Slade. When Slade left in 1993, Rudd rejoined the band and has been behind the kit until now.

Phil's solo album, "Head Job", was released on August 29 via Universal Music Australia.

AC/DC will release its new album, "Rock Or Bust", on December 2. The 11-song set is the band's first since 2008's "Black Ice" and the first in its history without Malcolm, who has been replaced by nephew Stevie Young.

AC/DC made it official last month that Malcolm would no longer record or perform with the group. His family disclosed a short time later that he was afflicted with dementia. The guitarist was rumored to have suffered a stroke earlier this year.

Despite the loss of Malcolm, Rudd said that "everything's great in the band, we're ready to fire up on all cylinders again."

Well, let's be honest, it's not like AC/DC has that many good album covers to begin with. I have no issue with this being the cover for the new album.

220px-AustralianHighVoltage_ACDC.jpg220px-ACDC-TNT.jpg220px-Acdc_high_voltage_international_album.jpg220px-DCalbum.jpg220px-Let_There_Be_Rock.gif220px-ACDC-LetThereBeRock.jpg220px-Acdc_Powerage.JPG220px-Acdc_Highway_to_Hell.JPG220px-Acdc_backinblack_cover.jpg220px-ForThoseAboutToRock_ACDCalbum.jpg

All good. All old.

• Like 1

I saw AC/DC in 1986 on the Who Made Who Tour. Feeling nostalgic, I looked up the setlist...

1. "Who Made Who"
  2. "Shot Down in Flames"
  3. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
  4. "Back in Black"
  5. "Fly on the Wall"
  6. "She's Got Balls"
  7. "Jailbreak"
  8. "The Jack"
  9. "Shoot to Thrill"
  10. "You Shook Me All Night Long"
  11. "Whole Lotta Rosie"
  12. "Let There Be Rock"
  13. "Highway to Hell"
  14. "T.N.T."
  15. "Hells Bells"
  16. "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

What a show!

(Queensryche opened)

• Like 3

I really like this setlist Goose. Especially the first part, which has the less evident choices for an AC/DC show. The last nine songs have been on their setlist since 1982!!!!!

I didn't know they played She's got balls with Brian...I wonder how that went.

• Like 1

I really like this setlist Goose. Especially the first part, which has the less evident choices for an AC/DC show. The last nine songs have been on their setlist since 1982!!!!!

I didn't know they played She's got balls with Brian...I wonder how that went.

I remember being blown away when that first riff started. She's got balls was a great choice.