condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

View Postmetallithrax, on 07 April 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 April 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

View Postmetallithrax, on 07 April 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Got Tikka Masala in the slow cooker at this very moment.

Not made fresh, it is Sharwoods cooking sauce.  When making things like this we never stick to a recipe we just put whatever vegetables we have into the pot.  |Today we have potato, broccoli, mushroom and leek.  For the meat we are having pork.
Don't know if you've tried Mr Huda's curry pastes? You add that to a base (which you make with pepper, onion, tomato, turmeric, garlic and ginger) and it is as close as you will get at home to the real curry house flavour, and you can tweak the spices and thickness to suit your palette. Worth the hassle of prep as you can make a dozen bases at a time and freeze them. And always have one ready for curry emergency :ebert:

Shall have to keep an eye out for that stuff.

Me too, not heard of "Mr Hudas" have to look out for that. Love to add fresh Coriander. A female friend showed me how to make an authentic curry, which I'm forever grateful. She laughed when I wept at the pure heat of her Dal soup. Chilli's! :fury:. I do love a varied spicy flavour rather than pure heat.

Sponsored Post

#42 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

View Postcondemned2bfree, on 08 April 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

View Postmetallithrax, on 07 April 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 April 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

View Postmetallithrax, on 07 April 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Got Tikka Masala in the slow cooker at this very moment.

Not made fresh, it is Sharwoods cooking sauce.  When making things like this we never stick to a recipe we just put whatever vegetables we have into the pot.  |Today we have potato, broccoli, mushroom and leek.  For the meat we are having pork.
Don't know if you've tried Mr Huda's curry pastes? You add that to a base (which you make with pepper, onion, tomato, turmeric, garlic and ginger) and it is as close as you will get at home to the real curry house flavour, and you can tweak the spices and thickness to suit your palette. Worth the hassle of prep as you can make a dozen bases at a time and freeze them. And always have one ready for curry emergency :ebert:

Shall have to keep an eye out for that stuff.

Me too, not heard of "Mr Hudas" have to look out for that. Love to add fresh Coriander. A female friend showed me how to make an authentic curry, which I'm forever grateful. She laughed when I wept at the pure heat of her Dal soup. Chilli's! :fury:. I do love a varied spicy flavour rather than pure heat.
I get big jars of it online from Spices of India. It tastes totally different depending on whether my wife or I make it... partly because I am totally unable to focus on a simple recipe :eh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users