41 replies to this topic

#21 tel

tel

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2256 posts
  • Interests:rush,bond,ufo,s cinema

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 25 2012, 11:29 AM)
No thanks, I'll pass  no.gif

what literally? laugh.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 RUSHian62

RUSHian62

The Seeker

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Music,, Multi Media Artist, Love movies, reading.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Indian Food is good at a restaurant, do not cook it at your house- it will smell forever!!

#23 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32739 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Feb 3 2012, 05:36 AM)
Indian Food is good at a restaurant, do not cook it at your house- it will smell forever!!

By "forever" do you mean just a couple of hours?  pokey.gif  

#24 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 14 2012, 02:23 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 14 2012, 05:20 PM)
Meh. One of the few "ethnic" foods that I don't like  confused13.gif

BLASPHEMY!!! How can anyone not like tandoori chicken?!  ohmy.gif  trink38.gif

tandoori chicken is freaking amazing.

and indian food is my favorite of any ethnic food.  it's delicious! yes.gif

#25 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 3 2012, 12:58 AM)

Well, I know better than to bring leftover Indian food to work for lunch.  It's true; the smell does linger, and it is unmistakeable.  I don't find it at all unpleasant, but others might.

#26 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32739 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 4 2012, 06:20 AM)

Well, I know better than to bring leftover Indian food to work for lunch.  It's true; the smell does linger, and it is unmistakeable.  I don't find it at all unpleasant, but others might.

Shit, others might find the color of my lunch box offensive. So yeah, they can deal with it. It's not like I'm eating a human foot for lunch.  unsure.gif  

#27 meera

meera

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

I love indian food. It is extremely healthy for you because most gourmet indian recipes do not call for any meat!  

#28 Nate2112

Nate2112

The Lil' Eskimo

• Members *
  • 3092 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (meera @ Feb 26 2012, 04:47 PM)
I love indian food. It is extremely healthy for you because most gourmet indian recipes do not call for any meat!

And when is meat unhealthy?

#29 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 4 2012, 12:31 AM)

Shit, others might find the color of my lunch box offensive. So yeah, they can deal with it. It's not like I'm eating a human foot for lunch.  unsure.gif

I love the smell of Indian food. I make Indian dishes frequently. One spice however, which is used in almost every dish has a very, very potent smell and I think that's the one that gives this distinct odor that lingers. It's called garam masala. I have a massive jar of it in my pantry! To me, it's a wonderful smell. But, it is potent and it definitely lingers. You can't beat the amazing taste it gives to food though.

#30 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 26 2012, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 4 2012, 12:31 AM)

I love the smell of Indian food. I make Indian dishes frequently. One spice however, which is used in almost every dish has a very, very potent smell and I think that's the one that gives this distinct odor that lingers. It's called garam masala. I have a massive jar of it in my pantry! To me, it's a wonderful smell. But, it is potent and it definitely lingers. You can't beat the amazing taste it gives to food though.

I LOVE that stuff Janie!  I also use cumin a lot in my cooking. smile.gif

#31 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24933 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

I have some next door neighbors who are Indian, and when they cook...OMG!  Luckily, there is a killer Indian restaurant that is about 5 minutes from my house.  It can get kind of pricey for dinner, but the Lunch buffet is where it's at.  

I could eat butter chicken, Basmati rice, and naan every day and never get tired of it.  And the spices they rub on the tandori chicken are excellent, as well.

#32 Thebuckeye2112

Thebuckeye2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Legend of Zelda, Vikings, Dragons, Synthesizers, Kerbal Space Program, Archery, Climbing, Travel, Writing, Space, Architecture, Aviation, Cosplay

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:28 PM

Indian Food is amazing, typically I have a high endurance for Spice.

My favorite Indian dish is probably: Chicken Vindaloo, It is awesome to the power of infinity, or as Dave Lister from Red Dwarf would probably say "It is Fan-Smegging-Tastic."

Edited by Thebuckeye2112, 04 April 2019 - 10:28 PM.

#33 grep

grep

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

I love Indian Food. Even if I can't pronounce the names right.

A couple of times I went to a place that had Indian Food from the north. So it was like a blend of Chinese and Indian. Like Chinese food with Indian spices. Delicious.

#34 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

It's the only food I really really love. Got a couple of decent restaurants within walking distance and have messed around with them enough at home over the years to be able to produce something half decent. If I ever win a lifetime supply of anything, I hope it's curry!

#35 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2007 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:48 PM

Indian food is one of my favourites. My hometown embraced this type of food so much, they created a new dish called "Balti" or bucket :) As it's cooked in a special bowl. Prawn saag, Madras, chicken tikka, all depending on the area of India. Yet to try a Zindaloo. :fury: :fury:

#36 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 67539 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

Our local Indian restaurant has a killer lunch buffet.  All you can eat of a full range of Indian cuisine.  Nom!

#37 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8806 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostMaverick, on 01 March 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

I have some next door neighbors who are Indian, and when they cook...OMG!  Luckily, there is a killer Indian restaurant that is about 5 minutes from my house.  It can get kind of pricey for dinner, but the Lunch buffet is where it's at.  

I could eat butter chicken, Basmati rice, and naan every day and never get tired of it.  And the spices they rub on the tandori chicken are excellent, as well.
You are in the DC area, right? Have you been to Heritage India in ( I think) Cathedral Heights?  We were there recently visiting friends and it was sooo good! Even the dessert was different and delicious- some type of cake balls in a sugar syrup. . . :hail:

#38 metallithrax

metallithrax

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:43 AM

Got Tikka Masala in the slow cooker at this very moment.

Not made fresh, it is Sharwoods cooking sauce.  When making things like this we never stick to a recipe we just put whatever vegetables we have into the pot.  |Today we have potato, broccoli, mushroom and leek.  For the meat we are having pork.

#39 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Rush, TV, art/art history, US politics, football (soccer) and most sports, reading non-fiction, rock music, not going out, cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:48 AM

View Postmetallithrax, on 07 April 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Not made fresh, it is Sharwoods cooking sauce.  When making things like this we never stick to a recipe we just put whatever vegetables we have into the pot.  |Today we have potato, broccoli, mushroom and leek.  For the meat we are having pork.
Don't know if you've tried Mr Huda's curry pastes? You add that to a base (which you make with pepper, onion, tomato, turmeric, garlic and ginger) and it is as close as you will get at home to the real curry house flavour, and you can tweak the spices and thickness to suit your palette. Worth the hassle of prep as you can make a dozen bases at a time and freeze them. And always have one ready for curry emergency :ebert:

#40 metallithrax

metallithrax

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 07 April 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

View Postmetallithrax, on 07 April 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Don't know if you've tried Mr Huda's curry pastes? You add that to a base (which you make with pepper, onion, tomato, turmeric, garlic and ginger) and it is as close as you will get at home to the real curry house flavour, and you can tweak the spices and thickness to suit your palette. Worth the hassle of prep as you can make a dozen bases at a time and freeze them. And always have one ready for curry emergency :ebert:

Shall have to keep an eye out for that stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users