Neil Peart News Updated

Tony R

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 22 2012, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 22 2012, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 22 2012, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 22 2012, 12:42 AM)
You know, I kind of like Dog Years....... wink.gif

I like Neurotica. smile.gif

Virtuality is the shit.

Not as good as Rivendell! biggrin.gif

I didn't care one way or the other about the religion stuff, but now that you guys are making sarcastic comments about great songs, I'm becoming SUPER ANGRY.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jan 22 2012, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jan 22 2012, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 22 2012, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 22 2012, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 22 2012, 12:42 AM)
You know, I kind of like Dog Years....... wink.gif

I like Neurotica. smile.gif

Virtuality is the shit.

Not as good as Rivendell! biggrin.gif

I didn't care one way or the other about the religion stuff, but now that you guys are making sarcastic comments about great songs, I'm becoming SUPER ANGRY.

tongue.gif

Sing Tai Shan to yourself, you'll calm right down.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 21 2012, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jan 21 2012, 03:01 PM)

my complaint about his recent lyrics is the overkill.  Freewill was one song.  SnA is an entire album and CA looks like it might be more of the same.  I just would prefer variety.  Even on albums with epics there were other songs on other topics.

While that is a good and valid point about SNA, we have only one song - BU2B - and a lot of speculation about CA. Who's to say that CA will be more of the same? There's been absolutely no confirmed information about the content of the new album. To say that CA will be one big religion bash based on BU2B might be like saying that Operation: Mindcrime was all about killing nuns. That happened, but it was one piece of a much broader story.

For all we know, BU2B is the start of a character's journey and he ends up a happy, devout Christian tongue.gif

Or, it's entirely possible that the record as a whole has nothing to do with a grand religion statement and that one song, much like Suite Sister Mary, is only one chapter.

Actually, there were only about three songs specifically about religion on S&A: Armor and Sword, Way the Wind Blows, and Faithless. Of course, most of the songs expressed a pessimistic outlook and I agree that S&A was a dark album, maybe their darkest since Grace Under Pressure. But I wouldn't agree that S&A was entirely anti-religious.

Funny, there will always be something to complain about, whatever Rush does. Vapor Trails was surprisingly optimistic after Neil's experiences, but some folks hated it because of the sound, mix, etc. Then S&A turns out to be one of Rush's best-sounding albums, but some folks hated it because of the lyrics, tempos, etc. So I'm sure there will be something to hate about Clockwork Angels. tongue.gif