Neil Peart News Updated

Tony R

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy his updates and I thought this one was particularly nice. Seems as if he's aware of some of the irritation others have had about his alleged religion bashing, though I dont see it that way at all. All he's asking of all of us is the same he's asking of himself: to allow REASON to guide as all in this life rather than dogma. I would like to know him not because he's famous, but because he seems like he'd be a neat person to have a conversation with over a beer. Thanks Neil!

Neil seems downright enthused about the record. I read a couple things I really liked. He said one of the most complicated records technique wise and some show off drum parts orchestrated partly by Nick. I got a good feeling about CA. Thanks for the link. Edited by presto123

it would be nice to read about the new album or any of his new writings without mention of "zealots" "sky god", or related.

The more I read of Neil, the more I prefer Jon Anderson and his writings who is quite the antithesis of Neil.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 12 2012, 02:25 AM)
it would be nice to read about the new album or any of his new writings without mention of "zealots" "sky god", or related.

The more I read of Neil, the more I prefer Jon Anderson and his writings who is quite the antithesis of Neil.

Jon Anderson's writings are the antithesis of "meaningful". They're just gibberish.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jan 11 2012, 09:28 PM)

Jon Anderson's writings are the antithesis of "meaningful". They're just gibberish.

they're positive and only certain folks "get it".

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 12 2012, 02:31 AM)

Certain folks have been dismissing those lyrics as gibberish for nigh on 40 years. There is nothing to get from his pseudo-buddhist, hippy mumbo-jumbo.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 11 2012, 09:31 PM)

Get out of the 60's hippie movement.

The world is anything BUT positive.

QUOTE (Keyz @ Jan 11 2012, 08:29 PM)
Thanks for the post, thank you Neil! It's worth saying that Neil is sounding very reflective, yet still living in the moment.

Completely agree. I found this to be one of his most poignant and informative updates yet. The section about Freddie Gruber, in particular the copy of the letter he wrote to Freddie from England after Salena's death, was incredibly moving.

The folks who didn't like his views on religion before are still not going to like them...whatever. There's a heck of a lot more substance in this update than those bits.

And not for nothing, but I am now completely jazzed about the new album.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jan 11 2012, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 11 2012, 09:31 PM)

Get out of the 60's hippie movement.

The world is anything BUT positive.

Don't know about Jon Anderson, but he's right about Neil. The guy has a serious "religion" problem stuck up in his craw.

Oh well. the guy's been through more hell than most of us can imagine.

Clem

Yep.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 11 2012, 07:31 PM)

Jon Anderson might be somewhat surreal and poetic in his spirituality, but I've always found it tremendously uplifting. The only band I've found even more uplifting in rock music is The Moody Blues. yes.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 11 2012, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 11 2012, 07:31 PM)

Jon Anderson might be somewhat surreal and poetic in his spirituality, but I've always found it tremendously uplifting. The only band I've found even more uplifting in rock music is The Moody Blues. yes.gif smile.gif

exactly. Jon's use of words creates a visual or a feeling in the way an abstract work of art might do. Like I said, not everybody gets it.

I saw Jon Anderson in concert last spring and it was very uplifting.

Can't this guy for just one second quit forcing his personal beliefs on people? Has rhythmic drum-beating and writing fantasy/self-help short stories with great success given him the audacity to think he has the most remote idea about what the truth to life is? (I admit I don't, even still, after more than 17 years of intensive, scientific post-secondary study). Is Neil Peart really beyond (or far and away) from the realization of how foolish and naive he appears? The more and more I read his material, the more I realize what a gross imposter he is.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jan 11 2012, 09:09 PM)
Neil seems downright enthused about the record. I read a couple things I really liked. He said one of the most complicated records technique wise and some show off drum parts orchestrated partly by Nick. I got a good feeling about CA. Thanks for the link.

This is what I'm excited about too! yes.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 11 2012, 09:29 PM)
Can't this guy for just one second quit forcing his personal beliefs on people?

Well, it is possible that he felt he had to explain the Christmas tree, dinner, presents, etc., seeing as we know he doesn't follow a christian belief system.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 11 2012, 10:29 PM)
Can't this guy for just one second quit forcing his personal beliefs on people? Has rhythmic drum-beating and writing fantasy/self-help short stories with great success given him the audacity to think he has the most remote idea about what the truth to life is? (I admit I don't, even still, after more than 17 years of intensive, scientific post-secondary study). Is Neil Peart really beyond (or far and away) from the realization of how foolish and naive he appears? The more and more I read his material, the more I realize what a gross imposter he is.

Lawl. Are you the religion police?

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Jan 11 2012, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (Keyz @ Jan 11 2012, 08:29 PM)
Thanks for the post, thank you Neil! It's worth saying that Neil is sounding very reflective, yet still living in the moment.

Completely agree. I found this to be one of his most poignant and informative updates yet. The section about Freddie Gruber, in particular the copy of the letter he wrote to Freddie from England after Salena's death, was incredibly moving.

The folks who didn't like his views on religion before are still not going to like them...whatever. There's a heck of a lot more substance in this update than those bits.

And not for nothing, but I am now completely jazzed about the new album.

This

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 11 2012, 10:29 PM)

How in the world is he naive? Looks to me as if he's invoking reason over myths and fairy tales. I wish more people would deal with the reality of life rather than looking for meaning in fantasy.