Obscure TV shows that no one talks about anymore

treeduck

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jan 1 2012, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 1 2012, 01:34 AM)
How 'bout Love American Style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DpTs-iV7U

One of the segments in Love American Style was the inspiration for Happy Days.

That's right! I'd forgotten about that. I'm sure that episode is on youtube somewhere...

Some more old shows and cartoons:

All In The Family

F Troop

My Three Sons

Family Affair

The Jeffersons

Stanford and son

Disney's wonderful world of color

The adventures of Jacques Cousteau

The Flintstones

Land Of The Giants

Felix The Cat

Speedracer

Yogi The Bear

Bozo The Clown

2 more:

Scooby Doo

The Roadrunner

Edited by go2wrk@95974

Rhoda - Valerie Harper's character from Mary Tyler Moore show that became a spinoff show. It included Nancy Walker ("the quicker picker upper" woman on Bounty commercials) and the girl who would eventually give voice to Bart's mother on the Simpsons. Very New York and very Jewish.

Maude - Bea Arthur spinoff by Norman Lear from "All in the Family" where she played the direct contrast to Archie Bunker. Where he was ultra conservative, she was ultra liberal, and her character had an abortion in a two part episode at the time of Rowe vs. Wade.

Angie - Donna Pescow (from "Saturday Night Fever") and Robert Hays, who played a couple in Philadelphia. He was upper class, she was working class. Doris Roberts from "Everybody Loves Raymond" played Angie's mother. It only lasted two years, but the theme song actually became a radio hit.

• Like 1

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 15 2011, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 15 2011, 05:52 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 14 2011, 11:19 PM)
music.gif music.gif Just Say Julie! bah-bah-bahhhhhh-yeah! music.gif music.gif

Oh, Julie Brown. How I loved you... /sigh. The real Julie Brown, not that trumped up trollop, "Downtown" Julie Brown. Yeah, I think Just Say Julie qualifies as obscure that nobody talks about anymore sad.gif

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/JustSayJulie_BestOfV2%C2%BD.jpghttp://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/juliebrowncd.jpg

Loved it!!!!

Every once in a while I find myself singing," Just say Julie....We'll be riiiiight back".

She was hot...

Yes she was. trink39.gif

Ah, Julie Brown - proving that funny and hot CAN co-exist! laugh.gif

She did a couple of her best songs in Earthgirls Are Easy...

rofl3.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, Julie Brown's a honey alright..picture proves it! Edited by go2wrk@95974

anyone remember 'The Mod Squad'?

Decades TV has a Mod Squad marathon this weekend. I've watch a bunch of episodes already. I loved this show when I a kid. I've fallen in love with Peggy Lipton all over again.

At least there is something to her! Beautiful AND she could act. I remember being a kid and thinking Pete, the misunderstood rich kid, was so intriguing. I watch it once in awhile now and wonder what I was thinking??? Out of the three, Michael Cole (think that's his name) probably has the least acting skills!

• Like 2

Decades TV has a Mod Squad marathon this weekend. I've watch a bunch of episodes already. I loved this show when I a kid. I've fallen in love with Peggy Lipton all over again.

At least there is something to her! Beautiful AND she could act. I remember being a kid and thinking Pete, the misunderstood rich kid, was so intriguing. I watch it once in awhile now and wonder what I was thinking??? Out of the three, Michael Cole (think that's his name) probably has the least acting skills!

200px-Mod_Squad_1971.JPG

How cool was Linc? :smoke:

• Like 2

200px-Mod_Squad_1971.JPG

How cool was Linc? :smoke:

Yeah, he was pretty awesome!

Did I start this thread?? :eh:

Oh yeah you did!!!

I was actually thinking about the series, "Kung Fu". (Which was Decades TV marathon a few weeks back).

I thought, damn, Treeduck would totally dig this.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

Oh yeah you did!!!

I was actually thinking about the series, "King Fu". (Which was Decades TV marathon a few weeks back).

You mean Kung Fu?

:hail:

• Like 1

Larry Sanders is brilliant TV. I've been meaning to pick up the box set of that for a long time...everything else I've caught up with re-runs pretty much but that's a definite keeper.

Did The Critic get mentioned?

Edited by Steevo

Oh yeah you did!!!

I was actually thinking about the series, "Kung Fu". (Which was Decades TV marathon a few weeks back).

You mean Kung Fu?

:hail:

damn autocorrect! :(
  • Like 3