Bubba Burgers

Nate2112

We've eaten Bubba Burgers for years. They are one of the very few burgers I have ever had that can go from frozen to ready on a grill in a few mins and taste great. My big "beef" with them is that they have greatly increased in price over the last few years. Used to be able to get a box for $8. Now they are $11 in some stores. For 6 burgers. Not good.

Bubba Burgers are excellent. Its the only frozen burger I ever buy because its damn good! burger2.gif bacon.gif

They are outstanding. Anyone who thinks a frozen burger can't be any good must try one. I always have some on hand.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 24 2012, 10:03 PM)
Frozen burger?

Just say no. I mean really? How hard is it to butcher your own bovine and render up the appropriate cuts? Lazy people.

They are great. You have to trust me. I'm a food snob, and these are just plain good.

Also, they enable you to have a easy great tasting burger in a moments notice.

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 26 2012, 07:22 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 19 2012, 10:18 PM)
Awesome for a quick burger.  And there is actually a science to cooking them

Do tell....

Wait till blood forms on top of burger, then flip. As with any burger, you only flip it once! atickhum.gif

Had a great burger yeasterday at the Sierra Pines Market outside of Woodfords, CA. After a morning hiking the river with the lad and the dogs, it was a perfect lunch. Local, Genoa beef raised by rancher friends of mine, bacon, blue cheese and mustard with lettuce and dill pickle. Side of wicked good onion rings to top it off! burger2.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 25 2012, 09:21 AM)
Frozen burger?

Just say no. I mean really? How hard is it to butcher your own bovine and render up the appropriate cuts? Lazy people.

They are great. You have to trust me. I'm a food snob, and these are just plain good.

They may taste great, but I never could eat one... not from my house at least. If we were at Six Flags or Disney World and that's being served - how am I gonna know?

At home, I only buy fresh ground beef from my butcher. How hard is it to make it into patties while the grill heats up? I will never buy the prepackaged tube ground beef or frozen.

Why? Two words... Pink Slime

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 11 2012, 03:06 PM)
Frozen burger?

They may taste great, but I never could eat one... not from my house at least. If we were at Six Flags or Disney World and that's being served - how am I gonna know?

At home, I only buy fresh ground beef from my butcher. How hard is it to make it into patties while the grill heats up? I will never buy the prepackaged tube ground beef or frozen.

With Bubba burgers in the freezer you can just have a burger for a quick dinner, without going out to buy fresh chop meat.

They are excellent, and quite enjoyable with bacon.gif

They are extremely high quality. No damn pink slime in a Bubba! no.gif

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 11 2012, 07:57 PM)
Frozen burger?

With Bubba burgers in the freezer you can just have a burger for a quick dinner, without going out to buy fresh chop meat.

Right - none in Bubba's, but in general there has been a history of it being in prepackaged ground beef - I just incorrectly lumped it all together. My apologies to Bubba's fans.

I drive by the grocery store on my way home from work, so I stop pretty much every day and get fresh ingredients - no need to worry about buying something frozen. I guess I'm lucky that way.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 12 2012, 10:05 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 11 2012, 07:57 PM)
Frozen burger?

Right - none in Bubba's, but in general there has been a history of it being in prepackaged ground beef - I just incorrectly lumped it all together. My apologies to Bubba's fans.

I drive by the grocery store on my way home from work, so I stop pretty much every day and get fresh ingredients - no need to worry about buying something frozen. I guess I'm lucky that way.

I should point out I am a food snob. I make some of the best fresh stuffed burgers. Amazing. Awesome stuff!

I NEVER buy ANY frozen burgers of any kind, with the only exception being Bubba burgers.

I loathe frozen burgers.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 13 2012, 08:52 AM)
i'll pass on the bubba burger.

NO, YOU WON'T! angry.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 13 2012, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 13 2012, 08:52 AM)
i'll pass on the bubba burger. 

NO, YOU WON'T! angry.gif

tongue.gif

I have also... never have bought them, and no plans in the near future.

Unless the grocery store becomes a once or twice a week trip... then maybe smile.gif