#101 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

I never talk to strangers

• Members
  • 15752 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostLorraine, on 25 November 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I, for one, know Mick's opinion on said subject by heart.  I think I mumble it out loud at night when I'm sleeping.  

:lol: :hug2:

i have nightmares.

The yodeling........THE YODELING!!!!!!!!!!!!  :laughing guy:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000, 25 November 2015 - 12:32 PM.

Sponsored Post

#102 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 25 November 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 25 November 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I, for one, know Mick's opinion on said subject by heart.  I think I mumble it out loud at night when I'm sleeping.  

:lol: :hug2:

i have nightmares.

The yodeling........THE YODELING!!!!!!!!!!!!  :laughing guy:

Mick

You're standing on the top of a mountain in the Swiss Alps and you hear far off in the distance......

Heiiiiiiidi!!!!!!!!!!

#103 Look to Sirius

Look to Sirius

The Seeker

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostTony R, on 25 November 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

View PostNarps, on 24 November 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

View Postgypsy muse, on 24 November 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

View PostSuperbaldguy, on 26 November 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

I keep reading about how awful Ged's vocals are on this latest classic DVD/CD (as much from other review sources as anywhere else); I am perfectly happy with his efforts and he actually has a lot of that old "banshee wait" left in him which identifies himself to this band's music. For those of you who do not like how the vocals came out, too bad - he still has it IMHO.

Rant over.

Let's keep enjoying this special talented trio and rock on through to 2012 where we ill be treated to yet another great album. (and subsequent tour!)
here here, I agree. I think he sounded great for R40. Haters need to just shut up & leave. Hope the guys never see the sh** people post about them!

:banghead:
I certainly don't want to cause or start any trouble here but if you have an opinion that is not completely positive or positive at all is that not ok? I love the band as much as anyone and have since 76' but I am gonna call it how I see it. No offense. Just wondering... :)

Right on Narps. This forum is fast becoming a dangerous place for anyone who has a brain.
Aw, are you frightened Tony? Poor chappie. Objective criticism and trollish posts- do they all look the same to you? If someone posts that Geddy Lee sounds like shit on R40 Live, does that sound like objective criticism? Lol, no buddy. That's some douche trying to get a rise out of this crowd. You're so sensitive about people getting pissed over trollish comments. This is The RUSH Forum, so, if you feel "danger" because there's too many RUSH fanatics on this RUSH forum and some of them get rude with trollish posts, welcome to reality. :hi: Wake up and smell the honeydew. Don't fret about how dangerous this forum is. It'll be okay dear. Admin will make sure of it. :hug2:

#104 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

:popcorn: ...

#105 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15752 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

ENUNCIATE GED!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

#106 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42289 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

I don't think googling this question will provide an answer so I will ask it here [checks to see if JARG is in the general vicinity....].

Why do singers loose the ability to enunciate clearly when they get older?

#107 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:11 PM

View PostLorraine, on 25 November 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

I don't think googling this question will provide an answer so I will ask it here [checks to see if JARG is in the general vicinity....].

Who else other than Ged are you thinking of?

#108 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42289 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 25 November 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

No one because I thought most singers did that.

Was that something unique to Geddy - his enunciation when singing?

#109 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

• Members
  • 15752 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

i often said had i not known lyrics........i wouldn't have understood a word sung on the CA DVD

Mick

#110 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21099 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:13 PM

View Postbluefox4000, on 25 November 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

i often said had i not known lyrics........i wouldn't have understood a word sung on the CA DVD

Mick
R40 seems to have corrected that problem for a few songs at least

#111 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostLorraine, on 25 November 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 25 November 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

No one because I thought most singers did that.

Was that something unique to Geddy - his enunciation when singing?

I think it's just the way his voice has aged. There are other singers that are older for example and Wilson, still sounds almost as good as they did 20 years ago.

#112 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 16922 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostLook to Sirius, on 25 November 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

I keep reading about how awful Ged's vocals are on this latest classic DVD/CD (as much from other review sources as anywhere else); I am perfectly happy with his efforts and he actually has a lot of that old "banshee wait" left in him which identifies himself to this band's music. For those of you who do not like how the vocals came out, too bad - he still has it IMHO.

Rant over.

Let's keep enjoying this special talented trio and rock on through to 2012 where we ill be treated to yet another great album. (and subsequent tour!)
here here, I agree. I think he sounded great for R40. Haters need to just shut up & leave. Hope the guys never see the sh** people post about them!

I certainly don't want to cause or start any trouble here but if you have an opinion that is not completely positive or positive at all is that not ok? I love the band as much as anyone and have since 76' but I am gonna call it how I see it. No offense. Just wondering... :)

Right on Narps. This forum is fast becoming a dangerous place for anyone who has a brain.
Aw, are you frightened Tony? Poor chappie. Objective criticism and trollish posts- do they all look the same to you? If someone posts that Geddy Lee sounds like shit on R40 Live, does that sound like objective criticism? Lol, no buddy. That's some douche trying to get a rise out of this crowd. You're so sensitive about people getting pissed over trollish comments. This is The RUSH Forum, so, if you feel "danger" because there's too many RUSH fanatics on this RUSH forum and some of them get rude with trollish posts, welcome to reality. :hi: Wake up and smell the honeydew. Don't fret about how dangerous this forum is. It'll be okay dear. Admin will make sure of it. :hug2:

Bard Bad boy, eh?

Put paid to a few of your kind back in the day. Now I prefer to watch you wallow in the pathetic little grief hole of self- loathing that is your mom's basement.

#113 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

View PostLook to Sirius, on 25 November 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Rant over.

Someone's butt-hurt.....and it ain't Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users