"Everyone will Gather 5/24/05

jmdyyz

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ May 24 2005, 10:09 AM)
Everyone will Gather on the 24th of May!

Play Lakeside Park today- Jmdyyz 2.gif

Oh, I played it... many times over.

2.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 24 2005, 12:01 PM)
Isn't it Victoria Day?

Slaine, thank you for correcting me in the other thread! smile.gif

And, Victoria Day was yesterday. May 23rd. I know this, because there was a thread about it yesterday wink.gif trink39.gif

And, I hope you are reading this because in the thread "My Favorite Smells"...I see that you like the smell of Dundee Cake! I love tea and to go have tea time, I'm in Chicago, but I love it. Anyway, I was watching an old movie, and they were talking about having Dundee Cake with tea. What is Dundee Cake? I did a search and all I got was a lesson in history. Help! I've been wondering for months now!

Daylin

QUOTE (Daylin @ May 24 2005, 02:16 PM)
Isn't it Victoria Day?

And, Victoria Day was yesterday. May 23rd. I know this, because there was a thread about it yesterday wink.gif trink39.gif

And, I hope you are reading this because in the thread "My Favorite Smells"...I see that you like the smell of Dundee Cake! I love tea and to go have tea time, I'm in Chicago, but I love it. Anyway, I was watching an old movie, and they were talking about having Dundee Cake with tea. What is Dundee Cake? I did a search and all I got was a lesson in history. Help! I've been wondering for months now!

Daylin

Everyone would gather

On the twenty fourth of May

Sitting in the sand

To watch the fireworks display

Dancing fires on the beach

Singing songs together

Though it's just a memory

Some memories last forever

I see Victoria Day on my calendar for yesterday. But I was wondering if they just changed the day they observed it to move it closer to the weekend. We do that for Memorial Day and Labor Day in the US.

Can someone from Canada clarify this?

QUOTE (Daylin @ May 24 2005, 05:16 PM)
Isn't it Victoria Day?

Daylin

Victoria Day is celebrated on the monday before the 25th of May, in the standard long weekend fashion

QUOTE (Daylin @ May 24 2005, 04:16 PM)
Isn't it Victoria Day?

Daylin

Dundee Cake

Yum Yum

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ May 29 2005, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ May 24 2005, 04:16 PM)
Isn't it Victoria Day?

Daylin

Dundee Cake

Yum Yum

applaudit.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

Thank you, Milton Bridge smile.gif

Archived