Calling All Drummers And Fans Of Simon Phillips!

RUSHHEAD666

The more I listen to this album the more it becomes so obvious that Simon Phillips is the greatest drummer in the world.

The way he incorporates the octobans is top notch, A number one. Not even Tim Alexander comes close.

"Protocol II" will blow your mind!

Aye he's an octoban fuckking octopus!! :NP:

He truly is dude! Do you have Cozy Powell's "Octopuss" album? IT RULES!

Oh man...Toto rock! And Simon Phillips drumming is a big reason why Tambu is one of my favourite Toto albums...must seek out more from this dude!

And to think I never ever thought there could be a direct link between Toto and Judas Priest. There is: SIMON PHILLIPS!

Members of Toto seem to appear all over my record collection, without me even realising!

Get Jeff Becks's album "There And Back!"

The more I listen to this album the more it becomes so obvious that Simon Phillips is the greatest drummer in the world.

The way he incorporates the octobans is top notch, A number one. Not even Tim Alexander comes close.

"Protocol II" will blow your mind!

Aye he's an octoban fuckking octopus!! :NP:

He truly is dude! Do you have Cozy Powell's "Octopuss" album? IT RULES!

No I don't have that! That's one I never got around to getting, it's not very long is it? Like 28 minutes or something?

Did Pete Townshend ask Simon Philips to join the Who? He asked Zak Starkey.

Earl might know.

Hey guys. It's true and Simon was in The Who when then toured in like 1990 or 1991. I saw The Who with Simon on the drums on that tour. He was incredible. He was playing on his giant red Tama kit. A thing of beauty. It was at the Oakland Coliseum.

Also there is a DVD of The Who playing "Tommy" all the way through with many guest stars like Billy Idol. Simon is on that dvd too.

So Simon never did record with The Who but he did tour with them.

Did Pete Townshend ask Simon Philips to join the Who? He asked Zak Starkey.

Earl might know.

Hey guys. It's true and Simon was in The Who when then toured in like 1990 or 1991. I saw The Who with Simon on the drums on that tour. He was incredible. He was playing on his giant red Tama kit. A thing of beauty. It was at the Oakland Coliseum.

Also there is a DVD of The Who playing "Tommy" all the way through with many guest stars like Billy Idol. Simon is on that dvd too.

So Simon never did record with The Who but he did tour with them.

He's still using Tama too!

I'VE GOT IT!! I've finally got my hands on the Protocol II album, featuring Simon Phillips and Andy "Don't confuse me with Gene Simmons" Timmons!

:haz: :guitar: :NP: :guitar: :haz:

:givebeer: :ebert: :clap: :smoke: :hi: :yes:

Simon Phillips...second best Toto drummer

And former Judas Priest :haz: drummer back in 1977 before TOTO even released their first album! :smoke:

Judas Priest, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks, Steely Dan, Michael Jackson, The Lion King OST, what do these bands/artists etc all have in common?

They all featured members of Toto on their studio works.

Another link: John Williams, acclaimed film score composer (just think of any of your favourite Spielberg films, or Harry Potter), what does he have in common with Toto?

Joseph Williams: his son was the primary vocalist on Fahrenheit and The Seventh One, featured on Falling In Between and will be on the bands next album.

Toto...o my days if I ever get another jibe for being a fan of them, I will grab a pencil and stab, Evil Dead style.