Skyrim

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Oracle

Oracle

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1912 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Nov 23 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 22 2011, 11:40 PM)
I used to have a social life. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Me too

Then again there are school dances

Go out with a nice girl or save Skyrim from the wrath of Alduin? Man, I'm not sure here. wink.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1232 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Nov 23 2011, 03:23 PM)
Then again there are school dances

School dances no longer exist where I come from

#43 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

Hey, I thought I had to earn this

• Members *
  • 3252 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

No lollygaggin'

#44 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

• Members *
  • 3252 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

I couldn't stop laughing after reading this story about Lydia. There are no spoilers, just a humorous tale of a worthless NPC

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/21...im-lydia-death/

Edited by Union 5-3992, 25 November 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#45 SiriusRushFan

SiriusRushFan

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Lots...

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Nov 25 2011, 02:12 PM)
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this story about Lydia. There are no spoilers, just a humorous tale of a worthless NPC

rofl3.gif That was some good stuff!  Especially for me because I still have my Liddles by my side all the time.  Lydia rocks, but yes, even she is not immune to getting busted upside her head.  I have accidentally killed her a couple times, whacking her with my Warhammer lol, and my horse also, the poor things.  cool10.gif

But, I always save my game before I get into anything major so I can just go back a few minutes and bring them back again before they got whacked.  I hope to keep her around for many more quests because I have gotten so used to her being there, it would be hard to fight a battle without her, and that goes for my kick ass horse too.   yes.gif  1287.gif  1022.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan, 25 November 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#46 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

• Members *
  • 3252 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

I married that one Huntress from the Companions. She died in the middle of a battle at one of the forts. I discovered her body there the following day. I felt crushed, but I didn't want to do that battle again. My PS3 froze the first 3 time I tried it. So I took all my valuables, (her Dragon Armor I gave her leaving her semi-nude) and I hung her body off the side of the fort.

#47 PhilCastro

PhilCastro

Big Sexy

• Members *
  • 11693 posts
  • Interests:hockey and stuff

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Nov 25 2011, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Nov 25 2011, 02:12 PM)

rofl3.gif That was some good stuff!  Especially for me because I still have my Liddles by my side all the time.  Lydia rocks, but yes, even she is not immune to getting busted upside her head.  I have accidentally killed her a couple times, whacking her with my Warhammer lol, and my horse also, the poor things.  cool10.gif

But, I always save my game before I get into anything major so I can just go back a few minutes and bring them back again before they got whacked.  I hope to keep her around for many more quests because I have gotten so used to her being there, it would be hard to fight a battle without her, and that goes for my kick ass horse too.   yes.gif  1287.gif  1022.gif

Same here yes.gif laugh.gif

That was hilarious. laugh.gif  I've found myself having conversations with Lydia as well unsure.gif  

#48 Oracle

Oracle

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1912 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

Lydia is actually pretty useful, especially when she caries all the jewelry my Khajiit finds. I also have a dog companion who barks way too damn much.

Anyone encounter that "save file" bug on the PS3 yet? I've gone past the limit reported and have no problems at all.

#49 Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5230 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

I was bummed when my Lydia died. When I noticed she wasn't with me, I went back and retraced my steps and found her dead. I even dropped some flowers by her. laugh.gif

I've got that older lady that I got into a fist fight with now, but it's not the same.

#50 SiriusRushFan

SiriusRushFan

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Here I am on my kick ass horse, decked out in full Daedric heavy armor, with Lydia behind me in her Dragonplate heavy armor.  We're one hell of a team and a force to be reckoned with! 1022.gif

user posted image

#51 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

• Members *
  • 3252 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

That's pretty badass. I just wear the nightingale armor since I daedric hearts are so expensive and hard to find.

#52 PhilCastro

PhilCastro

Big Sexy

• Members *
  • 11693 posts
  • Interests:hockey and stuff

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

user posted image

#53 King Whompus

King Whompus

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1146 posts
  • Interests:Music, Tennis, and Concerts!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

I crafted my Dragon armor today, and raised the quality of all pieces to legendary. My armor rating is 400+!!!  

#54 Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5230 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

My armor rating is 987 (all legendary Dragonplate made with smithing and enchanting elixirs and smithing gear), but I've read that all the armor in the game actually caps out at 567, so shit, I guess you could have light armor be just as strong and it'd be more useful.

#55 USB Connector

USB Connector

Trek for Echo

• Members *
  • 7931 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

I'm thinking of getting this game because of all of the hype around it (my facebook feed is covered in Skyrim one liners/jokes). My problem is that I don't like RPG's. I loved playing Mass Effect 1/2 and Borderlands and I thought Fable 2 was pretty good. Almost every other RPG I've come across has left me completely bored (Final Fantasy games, Dragon Quest games).

Do you guys recommend I pick it up?

#56 alphseeker

alphseeker

Between The Two Wheels

• Members *
  • 6692 posts
  • Interests:All Things Cycling

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Dec 11 2011, 10:26 AM)
I'm thinking of getting this game because of all of the hype around it (my facebook feed is covered in Skyrim one liners/jokes). My problem is that I don't like RPG's. I loved playing Mass Effect 1/2 and Borderlands and I thought Fable 2 was pretty good. Almost every other RPG I've come across has left me completely bored (Final Fantasy games, Dragon Quest games).

greatest game ever made - i haven't had this much fun since baldurs gate - this world is infinite - you could spend 5 months as a fighter then turn around and spend another 5 months as a mage etc...

#57 USB Connector

USB Connector

Trek for Echo

• Members *
  • 7931 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Dec 11 2011, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Dec 11 2011, 10:26 AM)

greatest game ever made - i haven't had this much fun since baldurs gate - this world is infinite - you could spend 5 months as a fighter then turn around and spend another 5 months as a mage etc...

I remember Final Fantasy X getting similar praise, I thought it was a steaming turd with good graphics. I understand that it has amazing elements to it, but would you recommend it to a non-RPG fan?

EDIT: I looked at some gameplay videos and there's far too much roaming for my tastes. I'll pass on this. Thanks for your advice.

Edited by USB Connector, 11 December 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#58 SiriusRushFan

SiriusRushFan

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Dec 11 2011, 02:20 PM)
I looked at some gameplay videos and there's far too much roaming for my tastes.

To much roaming?  You mean you like to be funneled into a chute like an animal in a slaughterhouse and told that you can only go here, not there, and you can only do this, not that? unsure.gif This game has the freedom to let you do whatever you want and be whatever you want and still do quests if you want to.  Besides, there's nothing like the smell of decapitation in the morning damnit!  Ask this biotch, she will tell you.  Ok maybe she won't...

user posted image

#59 Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5230 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

^Nice. I chopped Nazeem's head off in the middle of Whiterun. "You ever get to the Cloud District?" Talk shit now, bro.

I'm not really a fan of the Japanese style RPGs (FF, Dragonquest) either, but Western RPGs are some of the best games ever. KoToR, Mass Effect, Oblivion.....all classic to me, and no exaggeration, Skyrim is the best one I've ever played. I'd say rent it and give it a shot at least. It's like gaming crack.

#60 -Jane-

-Jane-

Evil Tank Mega Nerd

• Members *
  • 780 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, cooking, Portland Trailblazers, Maps Astronomy, and tons of other things that take my attention.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

I haven't played Skyrim yet as I started playing Oblivian again after a few years and am having fun with it. I will probably get it as a present for xmas. Anyway I read about this and was wondering if anyone had run across the darkness returns quest?

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/detai...fm?newsid=74052

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users