Skyrim

The_Necromancer_77

Bethseda games are notoriously glitchy, but awesome. I didn't play Skyrim, Spent the weekend with SWTOR. But I am looking forward to it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 13 2011, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Nov 13 2011, 02:35 AM)
I'm stunned by how many glitches I've found. I finally got into Whiterun (by getting arrested) and besides Dragonsreach, Whiterun is nonexistent. By that I mean the graphics are completely jacked up and the environment pretty much isn't there. There were no walls, buildings, trees, hills...really weird.

A few other places were gone too. It pisses me off I can't even play the game.

Are you playing it on the PC?

no on ps3. thankfully i'm just renting it, but now i'm scared to buy it. don't want another jacked up game!

Busted up some dragon ass in Riverwood today! Three of us were shooting at it while it was flying around spitting hell fire. Finally got it on the ground and finished it off. Nothin' left but da bones after that! That makes two dragon carcases laying on the ground in Riverwood now. Killed the other one in the middle of the night. Here's the first one...

http://content.screencast.com/users/bruceandwanda/folders/Jing/media/93f5ed6e-9e29-4364-88a1-70064bee1405/2011-11-18_1812.png

Edited by SiriusRushFan

I haven't played any of the Oblivion games, but I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Fallout series. I typically love post-apocalyptica a lot more than the dungeons-and-dragons renaissance type atmosphere; but if the games have a similar feel, I could see myself enjoying it.

How does it compare? Would I like it, or is it too different?

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 21 2011, 11:20 PM)
I haven't played any of the Oblivion games, but I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Fallout series. I typically love post-apocalyptica a lot more than the dungeons-and-dragons renaissance type atmosphere; but if the games have a similar feel, I could see myself enjoying it.

If you like the Fallout series, you will love Skyrim. It's amazing!

Oh and I joined with the Companions myself. Werewolf here I come!!!!

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Nov 22 2011, 12:53 AM)

I hooked up with the Companions in Whiterun also. I'm wondering though if I can still join up with the Stormcloaks or Imperials, maybe act like a double agent or something. I might give it a shot as I still have the options to join up with those two on my quest list, just haven't been there yet.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Nov 22 2011, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Nov 22 2011, 12:53 AM)

I hooked up with the Companions in Whiterun also. I'm wondering though if I can still join up with the Stormcloaks or Imperials, maybe act like a double agent or something. I might give it a shot as I still have the options to join up with those two on my quest list, just haven't been there yet.

I joined the Imperials first, then switched to Companions after I found out you could turn into a Werewolf! Imperials are scum!

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Nov 23 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 22 2011, 11:40 PM)
I used to have a social life. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Me too

Then again there are school dances

Go out with a nice girl or save Skyrim from the wrath of Alduin? Man, I'm not sure here. wink.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Nov 25 2011, 02:12 PM)
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this story about Lydia. There are no spoilers, just a humorous tale of a worthless NPC

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/21...im-lydia-death/

rofl3.gif That was some good stuff! Especially for me because I still have my Liddles by my side all the time. Lydia rocks, but yes, even she is not immune to getting busted upside her head. I have accidentally killed her a couple times, whacking her with my Warhammer lol, and my horse also, the poor things. cool10.gif

But, I always save my game before I get into anything major so I can just go back a few minutes and bring them back again before they got whacked. I hope to keep her around for many more quests because I have gotten so used to her being there, it would be hard to fight a battle without her, and that goes for my kick ass horse too. yes.gif 1287.gif 1022.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan

I married that one Huntress from the Companions. She died in the middle of a battle at one of the forts. I discovered her body there the following day. I felt crushed, but I didn't want to do that battle again. My PS3 froze the first 3 time I tried it. So I took all my valuables, (her Dragon Armor I gave her leaving her semi-nude) and I hung her body off the side of the fort.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Nov 25 2011, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Nov 25 2011, 02:12 PM)
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this story about Lydia. There are no spoilers, just a humorous tale of a worthless NPC

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/21...im-lydia-death/

rofl3.gif That was some good stuff! Especially for me because I still have my Liddles by my side all the time. Lydia rocks, but yes, even she is not immune to getting busted upside her head. I have accidentally killed her a couple times, whacking her with my Warhammer lol, and my horse also, the poor things. cool10.gif

But, I always save my game before I get into anything major so I can just go back a few minutes and bring them back again before they got whacked. I hope to keep her around for many more quests because I have gotten so used to her being there, it would be hard to fight a battle without her, and that goes for my kick ass horse too. yes.gif 1287.gif 1022.gif

Same here yes.gif laugh.gif

That was hilarious. laugh.gif I've found myself having conversations with Lydia as well unsure.gif

Lydia is actually pretty useful, especially when she caries all the jewelry my Khajiit finds. I also have a dog companion who barks way too damn much.

Anyone encounter that "save file" bug on the PS3 yet? I've gone past the limit reported and have no problems at all.

I was bummed when my Lydia died. When I noticed she wasn't with me, I went back and retraced my steps and found her dead. I even dropped some flowers by her. laugh.gif

I've got that older lady that I got into a fist fight with now, but it's not the same.

Here I am on my kick ass horse, decked out in full Daedric heavy armor, with Lydia behind me in her Dragonplate heavy armor. We're one hell of a team and a force to be reckoned with! 1022.gif

http://content.screencast.com/users/bruceandwanda/folders/Jing/media/f94ac51d-2450-4206-9765-9241ff71a771/2011-12-04_1506.png