Skyrim

The_Necromancer_77

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Nov 12 2011, 06:58 PM)
Rented it this morning. Awesome game. I'm stuck on a part though...can't get into Whiterun? Supposedly there's supposed to be a guard I can talk to...but there isn't. Anyone know how to get in?

Yeah, there should be a guard right in front of the main doors. You have to tell him about the dragon, and he'll let you in

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 12 2011, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Nov 12 2011, 06:58 PM)
Rented it this morning. Awesome game. I'm stuck on a part though...can't get into Whiterun? Supposedly there's supposed to be a guard I can talk to...but there isn't. Anyone know how to get in?

Yeah, there should be a guard right in front of the main doors. You have to tell him about the dragon, and he'll let you in

well shoot i wonder if my game is glitching. Ive experienced a few other annoying glitches already sad.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 12 2011, 09:47 PM)
Screw the main quest line, I just went through Bleak Falls Barrow and learned a Dragon Shout. This game is awesome.

It's ridiculous... I haven't even gotten that far yet, there is just so much side stuff to do it's amazing.

What's pissing me off the most about this game so far is that it doesn't properly support 4:3 aspect ratios. I can't even see the freaking health bar on my TV and I can only see half the words in the items menu. Yeah, yeah, I know, I need to get a decent HDTV at some point, but c'mon, this is interface design 101 right there: never put vital info at the extreme edge of the screen to account for variances in displays. Edited by invisibleairwaves

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 12 2011, 11:14 PM)
What's pissing me off the most about this game so far is that it doesn't properly support 4:3 aspect ratios. I can't even see the freaking health bar on my TV and I can only see half the words in the items menu. Yeah, yeah, I know, I need to get a decent HDTV at some point, but c'mon, this is interface design 101 right there: never put vital info at the extreme edge of the screen to account for variances in displays.

That's what happens in development though. Not many people still use 4:3 aspect ratio TVs anymore, so they put it in 16:9. You could always play on PC.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 12 2011, 08:19 PM)
What's pissing me off the most about this game so far is that it doesn't properly support 4:3 aspect ratios. I can't even see the freaking health bar on my TV and I can only see half the words in the items menu. Yeah, yeah, I know, I need to get a decent HDTV at some point, but c'mon, this is interface design 101 right there: never put vital info at the extreme edge of the screen to account for variances in displays.

That's what happens in development though. Not many people still use 4:3 aspect ratio TVs anymore, so they put it in 16:9. You could always play on PC.

Bought the game for PS3, not gonna buy it a second time. And it seems like playing the game on a PC is a one-way ticket to bug city right now...

One more thing: unlike every other damned PS3 game, it doesn't label the save files as "Save 1", "Save 2", and so on...instead, they're all named after the zone the player is in at the time of saving, so they all end up being named "Skyrim" if you save while outside. That's an excellent way to end up with overwritten files if you're sharing a system with other people, which has just happened to me. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

I'm stunned by how many glitches I've found. I finally got into Whiterun (by getting arrested) and besides Dragonsreach, Whiterun is nonexistent. By that I mean the graphics are completely jacked up and the environment pretty much isn't there. There were no walls, buildings, trees, hills...really weird.

A few other places were gone too. It pisses me off I can't even play the game.

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Nov 13 2011, 02:35 AM)
I'm stunned by how many glitches I've found. I finally got into Whiterun (by getting arrested) and besides Dragonsreach, Whiterun is nonexistent. By that I mean the graphics are completely jacked up and the environment pretty much isn't there. There were no walls, buildings, trees, hills...really weird.

A few other places were gone too. It pisses me off I can't even play the game.

Are you playing it on the PC?

My TV is a 4:3 ratio too but on the 360 you can change the display settings. Everything is a little scrunched in, but now I can read everything.

This damn game is amazing. I run it on the PC with everything on ultra settings and it looks beautiful. No bugs so far that I know of and I am enjoying it immensely as I never played any of the other Elder Scrolls' versions.

This is me at the trader's counter in front of the fire getting all toasty from the last mission where I had to bring 'The Claw' back to him. You can see it on the counter. I have upgraded my armor to steel since then but I still love the 2 handed Warhammer, it's such a bash fest. yes.gif

http://content.screencast.com/users/bruceandwanda/folders/Jing/media/e5d8a392-5f51-4fb5-857a-b6387c4aec7e/2011-11-13_Skyrim.png

Edited by SiriusRushFan

This f***ing game is amazing! Sucking my life away just like Oblivion. I think I've only done about four or five story missions and the rest of the time has been spent just exploring and doing side quests.

I'm playing it on the PS3, and there have been some minor glitches, but nothing crazy.

Also.....Stormcloaks or Imperial? I was totally gonna roll with the rebels because they're not the ones trying to kill you at the beginning, but they're dicks! Imperial Army FTW! 1287.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Nov 13 2011, 10:11 AM)

My TV is a 4:3 ratio too but on the 360 you can change the display settings. Everything is a little scrunched in, but now I can read everything.

I've got the PS3 version and I can't seem to find any settings to fix it. I need a new TV sad.gif