Food quirks

Janie

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 11 2011, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Nov 10 2011, 11:34 PM)
I have to drink water with copious amounts of ice in it. Mmmm-mmmm.

You CANNOT be serious! OMG!

My teeth are now on edge..!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 11 2011, 11:05 AM)
I also like my ice cream on the melty side. I'll put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.

That reminds me. When I make pancakes, I only cook them to the point where the batter is still runny. I'll still eat them cooked normally if I go to a restaurant, but my preference is extremely undercooked pancakes.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Nov 11 2011, 02:35 PM)
I also like my ice cream on the melty side.  I'll put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.

That reminds me. When I make pancakes, I only cook them to the point where the batter is still runny. I'll still eat them cooked normally if I go to a restaurant, but my preference is extremely undercooked pancakes.

ohmy.gif

Oh wow.

How about cookies? Do you like slightly underbaked cookies?

Just thinking about eating raw-ish dough makes my tummy hurt.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 11 2011, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 11 2011, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Nov 10 2011, 11:34 PM)
I have to drink water with copious amounts of ice in it. Mmmm-mmmm.

You CANNOT be serious! OMG!

My teeth are now on edge..!

Enough ice to hurt when I drink it. My teeth aren't sensitive at all. I can bite into ice cream without flinching lol.

My wife orders bean burritos with extra cheese from Del Taco. When she eats the burrito, she first opens the burrito, eats just the extra cheese, then closes the burrito and eats it. That's just plain weird.

She's one of those people who cannot go to a restaurant and just order something off the menu. Always has to be "no this" or "extra that".......

I can put a bite of ice cream in my mouth and let it melt, but chewing it or taking a bite from an ice cream cone - no.

I also like my ice cream on the melty side. I'll put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.

Forgot about that one! I do the same. I've also been known to stir glasses of soda to get some of the fizz out. Slightly flat soda is best!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 12 2011, 05:50 PM)
I can put a bite of ice cream in my mouth and let it melt, but chewing it or taking a bite from an ice cream cone - no.

I also like my ice cream on the melty side.  I'll put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.

Forgot about that one! I do the same. I've also been known to stir glasses of soda to get some of the fizz out. Slightly flat soda is best!

My father in law dumps salt into his beer to get rid of the foamy top.

I find myself liking salad croutons as a snack. We buy bags of them, and instead of putting it on a salad or soup I eat them like a snack.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 20 2011, 10:35 AM)
If coffee is overly bitter, I like to drink it with almost, if not more milk than coffee in the cup.

If coffee is overly bitter, you're either using the wrong coffee, and/or you're making it wrong.

Or you're drinking Starbucks. tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 20 2011, 05:54 PM)
If coffee is overly bitter, I like to drink it with almost, if not more milk than coffee in the cup.

If coffee is overly bitter, you're either using the wrong coffee, and/or you're making it wrong.

Sometimes I put too much coffee for the amount of water I'm using. I never have time to make another pot and I don't like being wasteful so I just dilute it with milk and be done with it.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 20 2011, 02:54 PM)

You know what's weird about Starbucks? The coffee tastes different in every single store. And this is Seattle. You can't walk five feet without seeing a Starbucks.

Truth be told, I prefer other cafes over Starbucks but sometimes, the ol' SB is all I have. I like their Americanos but that is it. I cannot stand their mochas or any other drink.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 21 2011, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 20 2011, 02:54 PM)

You know what's weird about Starbucks? The coffee tastes different in every single store. And this is Seattle. You can't walk five feet without seeing a Starbucks.

Truth be told, I prefer other cafes over Starbucks but sometimes, the ol' SB is all I have. I like their Americanos but that is it. I cannot stand their mochas or any other drink.

Never had a Starbucks coffee even though we've got one - too darn expensive.