last movie you watched

sonicjams

Terminator Genisys. It's amazing.

I keep hearing how much it sucks.

It's better than the last two movies.

That's not much to recommend it, though.

Agreed!

I laughed throughout the third (I still cannot believe this one wasn't a parody!).

The fourth one had Christian Bale. Hate that man. Truly overrated actor, although he was great in Empire Of The Sun. Tries too hard to be "an actor", so much so I always feel I am watching a performance, and not a real life character. Bleh. But then again, he was one of the better parts of that movie.

That is not a complement.

Yeah I agree about Christian Bale. He's such a wooden actor. I'm amazed he keeps getting any kind of decent roles.

• Like 1

Agreed!

I laughed throughout the third (I still cannot believe this one wasn't a parody!).

The fourth one had Christian Bale. Hate that man. Truly overrated actor, although he was great in Empire Of The Sun. Tries too hard to be "an actor", so much so I always feel I am watching a performance, and not a real life character. Bleh. But then again, he was one of the better parts of that movie.

Yeah I agree about Christian Bale. He's such a wooden actor. I'm amazed he keeps getting any kind of decent roles.

Glad I am not alone. Because of him The Dark Knight trilogy is unwatchable for me.

• Like 1

Agreed!

Glad I am not alone. Because of him The Dark Knight trilogy is unwatchable for me.

Yeah it's pretty awful.

• Like 1

Agreed!

Yeah it's pretty awful.

I have to admit, most modern blockbusters suck.

I loved Jurassic World for the simple fact it didn't try to be anything other than fun. It's lack of depth I found to be truly refreshing after years of pretentious garbage!

Might have to avoid the new Terminator as well.

Agreed!

Yeah it's pretty awful.

I have to admit, most modern blockbusters suck.

I loved Jurassic World for the simple fact it didn't try to be anything other than fun. It's lack of depth I found to be truly refreshing after years of pretentious garbage!

Might have to avoid the new Terminator as well.

I think it won't be long before just special effects won't make the studios any money and they'll have to go back to making decent movies, with good scripts. Or at least we can hope.

• Like 1

Just watched George Romero's 1973 film "The Crazies" ... Interesting transition piece from Night Of The Living Dead to Dawn Of The Dead

Love movies with real townspeople as the cast

• Like 2

Just watched George Romero's 1973 film "The Crazies" ... Interesting transition piece from Night Of The Living Dead to Dawn Of The Dead

I actually thought this film was weak. So was the remake, but I found it a little more enjoyable.

• Like 1

I actually thought this film was weak. So was the remake, but I found it a little more enjoyable.

I agree Segue ... I love the original Dawn Of The Dead, and I think what elevated Dawn was Dario Argento's involvement, as he brought in Goblin and their incredible soundtrack .....

Night Of The Living Dead is classic though IMHO - in all its low budget glory ... But The Crazies was too repetitive and focused too much on the military

Edited by Lucas

http://images.moviepostershop.com/ed-wood-movie-poster-1994-1020297362.jpg

My favourite thing that Tim Burton has ever done.

Martin Landau is absolutely brilliant as Bela Lugosi. The friendship between him and Ed Wood is very touching at times.

"Nobody gives 2 f--ks for Bela" and other calssic lines from Martin-outstanding!

• Like 1

I kind of agree on Bale. He's okay when he branches out of his usual brooding, angsty role, like in American Gangster for example. Otherwise, I can't stand him. Keaton is the best Batman.

Saw a really bad movie on Rifftrax called Fever Lake with Corey Haim and Mario Lopez that came out in 1996. It's the most recent one to get riffed by Michael, Kevin and Bill.

• Like 1

grease2.jpg?w=420&h=600

Honestly one of my favourite movies, and its goofy, enjoyably silly vibe is absolutely hysterical and oddly heartwarming!

Michelle Pfeiffer is incredibly hot in this film as well, and I definitely prefer this cast to that of the first.

Cheese ball classic!

• Like 1

I'm about to watch Iron Maiden: Flight 666. Hope it's cool.

Edit: it was pretty cool.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1