last movie you watched

sonicjams

A Good Year

Scumbag bond trader Russell Crowe inherits his uncle's estate in Provence. A mediocre rom-com, but watching anything set in a Provence vineyard is visually a joy.

14 Peaks.

It chronicles Nissan Purja, a Nepalese climber, and his "Project Possible". In 2019, he climbed all 14 of the world's 8,000-metre peaks in just over six months. It's on Netflix, and you have to see it to believe it. At more than one point, having submitted, he puts his life on the line rescuing the near dead of other parties during his descent. One segment of his mission finds Purja summitting three 8k peaks in a 48 hour period.

Purja hoped to inspire others to re-imagine what is possible, and to draw attention to Nepalese sherpa, whose guiding efforts are under-emphasized as westerners given credit for ascents.

My Dinner with André (1981) by Louis Malle. One of the best films I've seen in ages. It was such a pleasure to watch Wallace Shawn throughout the entire film, and see that quick, boyish smile on André Gregory's face. A funny and touching film.

And right after Malle's film I decided to give David Byrne's American Utopia (Spike Lee 2020) a chance. I had a cheerful time listening to and watching the group of fine musicians.

And I finally got to know the name of the song that always intrigued me as a small kid (and still does). I was very much into the frantic, preaching vocal parts of Once in a Lifetime. I was not yet at school learning English language so I had no idea of what the song was about, but it really got my attention. I didn't hear the tune many times growing up, and when I did I always missed the announcement on radio. There were no Shazams back then. Ahh, memories! :codger:

Edited by Sun & Moon

http://parssubtitles.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/And-Justice-For-All-1979.jpg

2nd best movie lawyer behind Atticus Finch. :notworthy:

Only other Scorsese movies I still need to see are NYNY, Last Waltz and Silence.

uSojOTw.jpg

What's the worst horror film series that gets a lot of attention?

Children Of Men. Never saw it before.

An interesting tale from a dystopian future. Makes me want to watch the original Handmaid's Tale again.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Spider Man NWH

Pro: Dafoe is back! :haz: Nice to see Dr. Strange being a voice of reason in this movie. Album cut by Talking Heads in opening? Nice. :notworthy:

Con: The usual of Marvel movies needing to be super long and there were a lot of shticky moments that got real old, real fast, especially referencing other characters without a point as to say, "Remember him/her? They existed in the MCU! Let's beat you over the head with it!" Did I watch a Marvel movie or a big budget movie from the guys behind Epic/Date/Diaster/Spartans? STOP IT! :banghead: Cinema Snob made a good point about this in his review and was he ever right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdaZmRTAUzU

Edited by invisible airwave

http://parssubtitles.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/And-Justice-For-All-1979.jpg

Only other Scorsese movies I still need to see are NYNY, Last Waltz and Silence.

uSojOTw.jpg

Based on reviews I've seen of these movies on Youtube, Leprechaun. Also, 1,3 and the meta 7th aside, NOES is rather meh with Freddy's Dead being the worst. Ironically, 4 has my favorite kill.

"You can check in but you can't check out!"

Edited by invisible airwave

uSojOTw.jpg

Based on reviews I've seen of these movies on Youtube, Leprechaun. Also, 1,3 and the meta 7th aside, NOES is rather meh with Freddy's Dead being the worst. Ironically, 4 has my favorite kill.

Actually the Leprechaun series is really funny.

uSojOTw.jpg

Actually the Leprechaun series is really funny.

In an unintentional and riffable way like MST3K. :lol: