last movie you watched

sonicjams

I've watched "X-Men: Dark Phoenix".

On d.v.d., and blu-ray combo pack, I've watched "Disney/Pixar the Incredibles 2", "Disney/Pixar Finding Dory", "Disney/Pixar Cars 3", "Disney/Pixar Toy Story (10th Anniversary Edition), "Disney/Pixar Toy Story 2 (2-Disc Special Edition)", and "Disney/Pixar Toy Story 3".

New Wave: Dare To Be Different

It was a documentary about a little radio station, on Long Island, WLIR. It decided to take on the big NYC radio stations by becoming the first entirely punk-new wave station in the US in 1982. Lots of good interviews and really good music! It's on Showtime right now.

• Like 1

It was a documentary about a little radio station, on Long Island, WLIR. It decided to take on the big NYC radio stations by becoming the first entirely punk-new wave station in the US in 1982. Lots of good interviews and really good music! It's on Showtime right now.

Right up my alley. Any band interviews?
  • Like 1

Yes, quite a few! Someone from Duran Duran, Tina Weymouth from Talking Heads, the male lead singer from the B-52s, someone from Depeche Mode and others. (Sorry I'm a little fuzzy on names, it was late at night, lol.) I actually thought of you since 80's music is your jam! :ebert: I think you would enjoy it.

Yes, quite a few! Someone from Duran Duran, Tina Weymouth from Talking Heads, the male lead singer from the B-52s, someone from Depeche Mode and others. (Sorry I'm a little fuzzy on names, it was late at night, lol.) I actually thought of you since 80's music is your jam! :ebert: I think you would enjoy it.

I recommend the recent autobiography by Richard Blade since he was in the movie. Grew up listening to him on KROQ and listened to “World In My Eyes” on Audible a few months ago.

Sully_xxlg.jpeg

• Like 1

Magic Mike

:ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

It was based on Channing Tatum's life before he was an actor. Some reviewer actually gave it 4 stars (probably a female). I heard that there might be a sequel.

• Like 1

Krystal, if you didn't know this, with a sequel to "Magic Mike", there is, and has been one called "Magic Mike XXL", which was released in 2015. Edited by Derek19

Spidey: Far From Home

Mixed bag. Definitely not satisfied with this one. Some really bad jokes/gags with weak supporting characters. But when it’s good, it’s pretty fun to watch, but too often it’s not. :blaze:

I don't plan on seeing it. I've grown very tired of the Peter Parker high school angst, and the character of Happy Hogan bores me.

Ballad of Buster Scruggs by the Coen Bros. A Netflix flick, it's a series of vignettes set in the Old West. Very well done. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Psycho (1960)(10/10)

Yesterday I bought two seven movie boxsets of Hitchcock's works, on Blu-ray, for £30. I love every single Hitchcock films I've seen, but rather than choose a new one, I had to start with this. A timeless classic, it still has the power to shock and mesmerise. I can't think of many superior films to this.

• Like 3

Glastonbury Fayre a docuconcert (yeah, I just made that up) by Nicolas Roeg of the 1971 Glastonbury festival. Karen actually had this in her hold list from the library, but when I saw the lineup I watched it. Terry Reid, Family, Melanie, Arthur Brown, Traffic, Fairport Convention. Most of the music is geared towards the English crowd, so you may not recognize it. As this is a festival it shows a fair amount of nudity. As an extra feature it has a trailer of Melanie from Jarvis Cocker's 2007 Meltdown Festival. Damn, that woman still has a set of pipes, tremendous vocal volume! Edited by pjbear05