last movie you watched

sonicjams

Halloween (2007) (7/10)

This remake from Rob Zombie gets a lot of hate. Honestly? I thought it was very impressive.

• Like 3

Halloween (2007) (7/10)

This remake from Rob Zombie gets a lot of hate. Honestly? I thought it was very impressive.

Cinema Snob, the bald guy in my sig, just reviewed that one a couple of weeks ago and part 2 this week.

Zombies 2007 was a very good remake. I still enjoy it and the first act showing Myers youth and subsequent murderous rampage as a child was highly disturbing.

Zombies sequel was a f***ing train wreck.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Halloween (2007) (7/10)

Cinema Snob, the bald guy in my sig, just reviewed that one a couple of weeks ago and part 2 this week.

Zombies 2007 was a very good remake. I still enjoy it and the first act showing Myers youth and subsequent murderous rampage as a child was highly disturbing.

Zombies sequel was a f***ing train wreck.

Plus, Michael Myers speaks ffs. That’s like H:R killing off Laurie Strode. You just don’t do that at all.

At least Jason has stayed silent and never killed Tommy Jarvis.

• Like 1

.. I've had the flu the past few days, so I was able to get some movie time in ..

Some say Woman In the Dunes is one the the greatest films ever .. who am I to argue .. You know a movie is really good when you know that, no matter what, the next one is going to be a letdown ..

il_570xN.824729812_1nzr.jpg

Edited by Lucas

Halloween H20 (8/10)

Now the original is the best, no doubt about that. But I grew up with this film and I love it! Definitely my personal favourite Halloween film so far.

• Like 1

A new box set of Hitch blu rays arrived, so first up:

Vertigo

The fact that this is one of the greatest film ever made is only amplified by the incredible job on the blu ray

I was taken aback at how Hitch coordinated colors in certain scenes and how he took a thousand details and

would make one simple / perfect scene or shot ..

Black and white film definitely has its beauty, but Vertigo - in all its glorious colors - is flat out amazing

alfred-hitchcock-original-movie-posters-halfsheet126-2.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

A new box set of Hitch blu rays arrived, so first up:

Vertigo

The fact that this is one of the greatest film ever made is only amplified by the incredible job on the blu ray

I was taken aback at how Hitch coordinated colors in certain scenes and how he took a thousand details and

would make one simple / perfect scene or shot ..

Black and white film definitely has its beauty, but Vertigo - in all its glorious colors - is flat out amazing

alfred-hitchcock-original-movie-posters-halfsheet126-2.jpg

The genius of this movie. It's not the most interesting tale to tell but I will share it anyway.

I saw for years this film hyped as one of the greatest ever. I bought it. Now...I tried to watch this film endless times. Every time I was like "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS ALL THIS ABOUT?! FUUUUKC!"

I felt the opening is all random and bizarre. It made no real sense.

Then one day I was bored and saw the case. "Ok. I will finally finish you."

I felt the same until it got to a point I never reached before. Everything came together and by the time it ended I was flabbergasted by its genius!

I've seen it twice since then and I think it is PERFECT. I really need to watch more Hitchcock. I've loved every movie I have seen immensely.

None more than Vertigo.

• Like 1

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951 version) - A favorite from when I was growing up! My dad and I would often watch it together. Klaatu Barada Nikto !

JlA7MRNm.jpg

I saw this for the first time on a TV Show in Detroit area called, Sir Graves Ghastly's, it was a Saturday 'Horror' Flick deal, syndicated to other states and such. Bought the movie a couple years ago. This is the ROCK connection,

T92B3pK.jpg

zYW8fGq.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951 version) - A favorite from when I was growing up! My dad and I would often watch it together. Klaatu Barada Nikto !

JlA7MRNm.jpg

I saw this for the first time on a TV Show in Detroit area called, Sir Graves Ghastly's, it was a Saturday 'Horror' Flick deal, syndicated to other states and such. Bought the movie a couple years ago. This is the ROCK connection,

T92B3pK.jpg

zYW8fGq.jpg

I've never heard of this. Cool!

• Like 1

JlA7MRNm.jpg

T92B3pK.jpg

zYW8fGq.jpg

I've never heard of this. Cool!

Sir Graves Ghastly was a show with Variety aspects, from the '60s Through the early Eighties. [1967-1982] The show was also seen and popular in Cleveland, OH, and Washington DC, but never as popular as in Detroit, Mi. Used to have a sound bite of his laugh, can't find it now...

ufy8uzW.jpgReal Name, Lawson Deming juUJ3tJ.png

C2qPJUv.gif

Lucas, what box set is it?

Hitch has a few sets out, some of them pretty comprehensive - but because I already have Frenzy, Rope, and Strangers On A Train on blu ray, I opted for a smaller set of five : Vertigo, The Birds, Psycho, North By Northwest and Rear Window ...

I had never seen any of these five on anything but VHS and television ... so the quality is striking to me

It's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWJQEC6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

1970s BBC production for the Play For Today series called "Robin Redbreast"

Very simple but extremely effective story of a woman, who after a relationship break up, retreats to a family farmhouse in rural southern England .. Some heavy themes, esp for television circa 1970, with some incredible character actors ..

The makers of 1973's The Wicker Man owe a lot to this great little television episode

robin1.jpg

Next up .. 1982's Unhinged

I love it when an obscure movie comes along and just blows me away .. Unfairly labeled a "slasher", Unhinged is about as good as it gets as far as dark, low budget horror goes ... Bizarre without trying and about as insanely effective as they come

51BX9DAYYBL._SY445_.jpg