last movie you watched

sonicjams

Django Unchained

...with my mom :LOL:

Mine wouldn’t watch those kinds of violent movies so I know the feeling. My mom was not happy with a sex scene when I saw Jerry Maguire with her in theaters at age 16. Awkward. :LOL:

“Never better! Never better!” - Kelly Preston

Don’t ever stop &@$# me! :LOL:

Exactly

• Like 1

R.E.M. By MTV (10/10)

:heart: :heart: :blush: :blush:

That's a really good one, I've seen it quite a few times! R.E.M. reminds me in some ways of Rush; not the music but the way they took their music very seriously, and also the friendships.

• Like 1

It's going to be slashers and horror for the next month ... First time in years I'm going all out with the Halloween decorations and holiday cheer

Last night was 1981's My Bloody Valentine ... Great low budget vibe shot in Sydney Mines, Nova Scotia, and like Phantasm, has one of the most kick ass muscle cars in a movie

Not quite on the level of the original Friday The 13th or Black Christmas, but still well done

1862bf730cb45117515e1a6dea21f8b2.png

mbv7.jpg

• Like 2

The City Of Life And Death (10/10)

Flowers Of War (9/10)

Two films that deal with the fall of Nanking. Lucas...if you haven't seen the Chinese war crime movie The City Of Life And Death...I beg you...it is POWERFUL.

• Like 1

Flowers Of War (9/10)

Two films that deal with the fall of Nanking. Lucas...if you haven't seen the Chinese war crime movie The City Of Life And Death...I beg you...it is POWERFUL.

Segue, thank you so much for the recommendation .. I don;t know The City Of Life And Death, but I just read a little bit based on your recommendation I am will get it ..

Do you know "Spirit's Homecoming" ?? .. A similar topic, but with that one, it the Japanese occupation of Korea

I'm going to buy both right now

• Like 1

Flowers Of War (9/10)

ok, I just bought The City Of Life And Death and Spirit's Homecoming

From what you said and the trailer, The City is can;t miss

• Like 1

Flowers Of War (9/10)

I watched it a few days ago in a sport of disbelief. It is a graphic, often unwatchable account of one of the most horrific events in modern warfare history, and it was strange. I felt unnafected whilst it was on. The days since it has been haunting me, and scenes I watched with eyes wide open have shaken me and ledt me raw. Veey few movies have ever done this to me.

It isn't a horror movie in the traditional sense. But it is a movie of horror, and pain, unfairness and it was amazing. Up their with the very greatest movies I have ever seen. I watched Flowers Of War as well the same day (I am a glutton for punishment), and although more "Hollywood" (it is still the most expensive film ever made in China), it still affects me greatly.

But The City Of Life And Death...I've held back from watching that one for years, but decided this week to finally sit through it. It was every bit as horrific as was made out, but oh my goodness the love and bravery and kindness of mankind shines through too (but not at all in the vapid sense that we normally see in movies...the good don't really win in this one...the bad aren't all quite the evil we think they are...).

It's left me empty and drained. It was a movie worth waiting many years to be mentally prepared for (bear in mind I have a long history of sexual abuse...I have to be really prepared to watch certain things...this was by far the most painful movie experience of my life. But I loved this movie).

• Like 1

Flowers Of War (9/10)

I watched it a few days ago in a sport of disbelief. It is a graphic, often unwatchable account of one of the most horrific events in modern warfare history, and it was strange. I felt unnafected whilst it was on. The days since it has been haunting me, and scenes I watched with eyes wide open have shaken me and ledt me raw. Veey few movies have ever done this to me.

It isn't a horror movie in the traditional sense. But it is a movie of horror, and pain, unfairness and it was amazing. Up their with the very greatest movies I have ever seen. I watched Flowers Of War as well the same day (I am a glutton for punishment), and although more "Hollywood" (it is still the most expensive film ever made in China), it still affects me greatly.

But The City Of Life And Death...I've held back from watching that one for years, but decided this week to finally sit through it. It was every bit as horrific as was made out, but oh my goodness the love and bravery and kindness of mankind shines through too (but not at all in the vapid sense that we normally see in movies...the good don't really win in this one...the bad aren't all quite the evil we think they are...).

It's left me empty and drained. It was a movie worth waiting many years to be mentally prepared for (bear in mind I have a long history of sexual abuse...I have to be really prepared to watch certain things...this was by far the most painful movie experience of my life. But I loved this movie).

Segue, thank you again .. I had not heard of this movie until you mentioned it .. I really have no vices other than collecting great movies on blu ray, and I have a feeling this one will be one of the most prized movies I will see

Thank again

( btw, after talking about movies like City and Flowers, just skip over the below post lol )

And gearing up for the holidays

1981's Final Exam

"Run of the mill slasher" in my book means a great time, and that's what this one was .. is ...

If memory serves, Final Exam was mentioned in Scream or Scream 2 ( can't remember ) and Final Exam's character of Radish was definitely an influence on many a nerdy character to follow

final-exam-6.jpg

• Like 3

1981's Final Exam

"Run of the mill slasher" in my book means a great time, and that's what this one was .. is ...

If memory serves, Final Exam was mentioned in Scream or Scream 2 ( can't remember ) and Final Exam's character of Radish was definitely an influence on many a nerdy character to follow

final-exam-6.jpg

I've been enjoying horror recently.

I watched the original Halloween, Black Christmas, Scream 1-3 (more comedy to me...love them!), and tried some modern stuff, of which nothing impressed me (The Babadook, Purge, Hereditary...all a big no from me). I want to try more old school movies!

• Like 1

Flowers Of War (9/10)

Segue, thank you again .. I had not heard of this movie until you mentioned it .. I really have no vices other than collecting great movies on blu ray, and I have a feeling this one will be one of the most prized movies I will see

Thank again

( btw, after talking about movies like City and Flowers, just skip over the below post lol )

I read a lot about this movie before I saw it. It was a critical success and shockingly at the time was overlooked by the Oscars (surprise surprise...). I will watch it again, both out if respect for the time period (if it is hard for me to watch I should count myself lucky it wasn't my time to live then and there), but also because the cast was spellbinding sometimes foreign language films leave me cold, mostly due to the language barrier. But mostly because sometimes bad acting is obvious no matter how they speak.

This film...it wasn't acting. It was too real and devoid of cliche. It was tremendously hard to keep my eyes off the screen I felt I was right there with them.

And when you sit through it and remind yourself that "ooh I've seen more graphic horror than this" is actually not the point because "ok f**k this isn't fiction", it is truly a testament to the cast that your attention is maintained throughout. You want a happy ending even though you know going in that this wasn't to be.

My. Heart. Aches.

• Like 1

1981's Final Exam

final-exam-6.jpg

I watched the original Halloween, Black Christmas, Scream 1-3 (more comedy to me...love them!), and tried some modern stuff, of which nothing impressed me (The Babadook, Purge, Hereditary...all a big no from me). I want to try more old school movies!

Segue, have you seen 1976's "Alice, Sweet Alice" ?? - that one is very good ... and a definite "love or hate" one is 1979's "Tourist Trap" .. I happen to love it

• Like 1

1981's Final Exam

final-exam-6.jpg

Segue, have you seen 1976's "Alice, Sweet Alice" ?? - that one is very good ... and a definite "love or hate" one is 1979's "Tourist Trap" .. I happen to love it

"Alice, Sweet Alice" is the one with Brooke Shields, right? That one still scares the sh* out of me! And i need to revisit "Tourist Trap" soon. How about "The Funhouse"?

• Like 1