last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Guns of Navarone. The original, Gregory Peck, James Darren, Anthony Quin, Anthony Quayle David Niven, Irene Papas...etc. Saw it first back in the 60s or whenever it came to our local theater.. Went with my Dad.

268jkEz.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 3

Scream 2 (8/10)

Not quite as good as the first, although I love the villian reveal at the end and the cast are once again fantastic. I haven't seen this trilogy in around a decade, nd two films in I am a massive fan still! Can't wait to see the third as I remember really loving that one!

Do yourself a favour and stay away from the 4th though!

Not seen any of them myself. Which is the best one to watch?

• Like 1

Scream 2 (8/10)

Not quite as good as the first, although I love the villian reveal at the end and the cast are once again fantastic. I haven't seen this trilogy in around a decade, nd two films in I am a massive fan still! Can't wait to see the third as I remember really loving that one!

1 and 2. 3 is a good conclusion, and 4 is just a cashgrab.

Scream 2 (8/10)

1 and 2. 3 is a good conclusion, and 4 is just a cashgrab.

1 is perfection. 2 is a terrific sequel. 3 is chaotic and flawed but ultra fun and knowingly silly.

4 is just...meh...it's not terrible. It's not necessary. It does nothing new.

Scream 2 (8/10)

An annoying and unconvincing villain as well in part 4. Won’t spoil it, though.

• Like 1

Double Feature Friday

1980s Silent Scream

Somewhat dreadful thru the first hour, but turns suddenly when Barbara Steele finally arrives .. very odd turn this one takes, and makes it worth watching

220px-Poster_of_the_movie_Silent_Scream.jpg

And old friend ... first saw this in the theater and no matter when or where I see it now, it still feels brand new

The blu ray transfer is incredible

51bdHg%2BN4iL.jpg

• Like 1

Double Feature Friday

1980s Silent Scream

Somewhat dreadful thru the first hour, but turns suddenly when Barbara Steele finally arrives .. very odd turn this one takes, and makes it worth watching

And old friend ... first saw this in the theater and no matter when or where I see it now, it still feels brand new

51bdHg%2BN4iL.jpg

I haven't seen Jaws in years but its a masterpiece.

I am rewatching Halloween films. 2 was dull and 3...I remember it very fondly...hope it lives up to my memories!

• Like 2

Yesterday's Silent Scream and the Kilroy / Elder poll have me back circa 1980-1983

I had a friend in school - Ralph - and he had a moped .. so he got a job at the video store picking up and delivering VHS tapes to people's houses ... That was an era in which we watched movies what seemed like every night ..

One I never had got to see I saw tonight .. 1981's Graduation Day

Schlock, standard early 80's slasher film, and I loved every minute ... For the next few weeks, I'll be trying to get in a 80s slasher every weekend

It's interesting too because there is the wave of renewed interest in this era - Stranger Things, Witching Season, Ready Player One - but no matter how accurate, they can't get that feathered hair down like the real thing

poster_opt.jpg

• Like 1

Double Feature Friday

1980s Silent Scream

51bdHg%2BN4iL.jpg

Cool!

Any major differences between the blu-ray and the old-school dvd?

Gonna watch the 30th Anniversary Edition this evening. Love this damn movie!

I f*cking love the scene on the Orca at night, where Hooper, Brody, and Quint are drinking and comparing scars, and all of a sudden Robert Shaw is talking to your soul. INTENSE!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-96H-8P0OUIU/T7R9FDfol3I/AAAAAAAAAAs/s_p7VBupARQ/s1600/quint.jpg

"Ya know, the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes -- like a doll's eyes..."

:notworthy:

• Like 4

Westworld (1973) and Stitches (2012)

Yul Brynner kicked so much ass, his legs are still alive and walking around. :yes:

http://www.movieactors.com/photos-stars/yul-brynner-anastasia-042.jpg

"I will play you this guitar, and you will like it. I will then beat you with this guitar, and you will like that too,"

• Like 1

Double Feature Friday

1980s Silent Scream

51bdHg%2BN4iL.jpg

Cool!

I f*cking love the scene on the Orca at night, where Hooper, Brody, and Quint are drinking and comparing scars, and all of a sudden Robert Shaw is talking to your soul. INTENSE!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-96H-8P0OUIU/T7R9FDfol3I/AAAAAAAAAAs/s_p7VBupARQ/s1600/quint.jpg

"Ya know, the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes -- like a doll's eyes..."

VT, the blu ray is stunning ... night scenes are amazing - I cannot imagine it looking better ..

The scene that introduces Quint -- the gathering in the municipal meeting room -- maybe it's just that I'm older now and can appreciate these things, but the turquoise mouldings and door in that room just jump out .. there's an upstairs room in one of my barns that I still need to finish renovating, but it going to be the Amityville Board Meeting Room !!!!

The blu ray was on $7 and change on amazon ... I would definitely go for it as it is a noticeable improvement over the DVD

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare6/jaws.htm

• Like 1

Double Feature Friday

1980s Silent Scream

51bdHg%2BN4iL.jpg

Cool!

VT, the blu ray is stunning ... night scenes are amazing - I cannot imagine it looking better ..

The scene that introduces Quint -- the gathering in the municipal meeting room -- maybe it's just that I'm older now and can appreciate these things, but the turquoise mouldings and door in that room just jump out .. there's an upstairs room in one of my barns that I still need to finish renovating, but it going to be the Amityville Board Meeting Room !!!!

The blu ray was on $7 and change on amazon ... I would definitely go for it as it is a noticeable improvement over the DVD

http://www.dvdbeaver...mpare6/jaws.htm

Can you tell what kind of crackers Quint is eating all the time? They sound delicious!

Thanks for the link. I'll pick up the blu-ray next Amazon order. :cheers:

Was there much frigging around with special effects etc?

I knew they "improved" the shark effects, but the 30th Anniversary edition had parts that seemed to have been "tightened up" editing-wise.

(for the attention-spans of today? :LOL:)

One of the first times I saw this on tv (late 70s/early 80s), they showed the scene with Quint in the music store with the little clarinet player. There must've been a tv edit version at one time.

Jezus, how many different edits/versions of the original Jaws have there been?

https://www.imdb.com...ternateversions

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

Double Feature Friday

1980s Silent Scream

51bdHg%2BN4iL.jpg

Cool!

http://www.dvdbeaver...mpare6/jaws.htm

Can you tell what kind of crackers Quint is eating all the time? They sound delicious!

Thanks for the link. I'll pick up the blu-ray next Amazon order. :cheers:

Was there much frigging around with special effects etc?

I knew they "improved" the shark effects, but the 30th Anniversary edition had parts that seemed to have been "tightened up" editing-wise.

(for the attention-spans of today? :LOL:)

One of the first times I saw this on tv (late 70s/early 80s), they showed the scene with Quint in the music store with the little clarinet player. There must've been a tv edit version at one time.

Jezus, how many different edits/versions of the original Jaws have there been?

https://www.imdb.com...ternateversions

The clarinet scene was not in the feature, but it's there in the deleted scenes bonus .. I believe that's the same as the 30th anniversary edition ..

It's been some time since I have seen the movie in it's entirety, but to my eye, there was no reediting or anything going on ..

I know that there can be a tendency to feel let down after someone raves about how good something is, but I cannot overstate how good a job they did on the blu ray -- and I bought the bargain basement 1 disc blu ray .. The image is spectacular, one of the most pleasant surprises I have had when going from VHS to DVD to blu ray ..

• Like 1