last movie you watched

sonicjams

Incredibles 2.

this is just what i needed after that dumpster fire Jurassic World.

i LOVED this.

Mick

Better than part 1?

i can't say better but just as good. although i did laugh out loud FAR more in this one if that says anything.

Mick

Incredibles 2.

i LOVED this.

Mick

Better than part 1?

i can't say better but just as good. although i did laugh out loud FAR more in this one if that says anything.

Mick

I am curious...I love the first more than most movies.

• Like 1

Incredibles 2.

i LOVED this.

Mick

Better than part 1?

Mick

the first is great.....took me a while but it's great. maybe it was my mood. but i had way more LOL moments than the first. and the first was very funny too.

Mick

Incredibles 2.

i LOVED this.

Mick

Better than part 1?

Mick

the first is great.....took me a while but it's great. maybe it was my mood. but i had way more LOL moments than the first. and the first was very funny too.

Mick

When it comes to sequels I don't ask for better, I ask for worthy, or at least entertaining. If this is on the same level, or merely "worthy", I will be delighted.

I enjoyed Jurassic World by the way but I treated it as an Alien 3 rather than a Terminator 2.

• Like 1

Incredibles 2.

i LOVED this.

Mick

Better than part 1?

Mick

Mick

When it comes to sequels I don't ask for better, I ask for worthy, or at least entertaining. If this is on the same level, or merely "worthy", I will be delighted.

I enjoyed Jurassic World by the way but I treated it as an Alien 3 rather than a Terminator 2.

and i think alien 3 blows so......lol.

i admit it's been a few days. i did get unreasonably mad at that film but man if you could have been me, lol

a large hunk of the audiance walked out at my showing no joke, lol it was pretty full too.

Mick

Incredibles 2.

i LOVED this.

Mick

Better than part 1?

Mick

Mick

and i think alien 3 blows so......lol.

i admit it's been a few days. i did get unreasonably mad at that film but man if you could have been me, lol

a large hunk of the audiance walked out at my showing no joke, lol it was pretty full too.

Mick

It was bad but it was still all I asked for.

Dinosaurs.

Cruddy dialogue.

Fun cartoonish characters.

Mind switch off fun.

After reading the novels, even the first film feels like shit. With that in mind, I enjoy them all.

• Like 1

Manila In The Claws Of Light

If we're talking mid 70s gritty and uncompromising dramatic masterpieces, we're talking Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, Five Easy Pieces, Mean Streets and Manila In The Claws Of Light ..

What a great movie .. wow .... I'm going to need to watch about a hour of fluff to shake this one

220px-Maynilaposter.jpg

• Like 2

220px-Rocky_ii_poster.jpg

Easily the best of the sequels before it got jokey and ridiculous for better or worse. No pinball games, birthday robots and James Brown concerts in this one. :LOL:

That’s because 3 and 4 were more action-oriented than drama. Still, I enjoyed the first 4 Rocky movies.

AND after all these years, the Rocky 4 movie audience is still the loudest, most excited moviegoers I’ve seen anywhere. People were standing up out of their seats swinging, punching the air, and cheering when the big Russian was falling :LOL: Truth. :LOL: :yes:

Rocky 5 was absolute crap. The only one in the series that’s unwatchable.

Rocky 6 and Creed were surprisingly passable.

Agree on Creed even though I consider it more of a spin-off. Haven’t seen RB yet. I hear Stallone disowns V.

Rocky Balboa has the very best speech Rocky ever gives.....to his son. Simply gold.

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mk82j1jQw_8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great movie too BTW. Captures the feel of the original like no other sequel in the series.

My personal Rocky rankings:

Rocky

Rocky III

Rocky IV

Rocky II

Rocky Balboa

Creed

Rocky V

I actually love all the movies for the exception of V which was an abortion. Can't wait for Creed II.

The most recent movie I saw (that was new) was Jurassic World Lost Kingdom.

Very disappointing to say the least.

Edited by Todem

If we're talking mid 70s gritty and uncompromising dramatic masterpieces, we're talking Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, Five Easy Pieces, Mean Streets and Manila In The Claws Of Light ..

What a great movie .. wow .... I'm going to need to watch about a hour of fluff to shake this one

220px-Maynilaposter.jpg

Lucas, if you don't mind me asking, where did you see this? My husband saw this years ago.

• Like 1

220px-Maynilaposter.jpg

Lucas, if you don't mind me asking, where did you see this? My husband saw this years ago.

Hey P2112, I check the "Coming Soon" section of The Criterion Collection all the time, and preordered it a few weeks back .. Criterion has a great catalog of films and always does a first rate job with their releases ..

I got it from amazon for $21.00 ( not the $30+ Criterion has it listed for on their site ) ... But that's neither here nor there, the movie is great and well worth buying, for less than the cost of two tickets to some new POS ...

https://www.criterion.com/films/29221-manila-in-the-claws-of-light

https://www.amazon.com/Manila-Claws-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B07BF2PQTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530837536&sr=8-1&keywords=manila+in+the+claws+of+light+bluray&dpID=51-GZP4A0rL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

One of the most superbly acted films I have seen in a long, long time

I would say that Lawrence Olivier was the standout, but Carol Lynley, Keir Dullea, Noel Coward, Martita Hunt - they are all up to the task

I had never seen this one before, and I am stumped as to why it has not received the recognition that it deserves .. Twilight Time did an A+ job on the blu ray

Bunny Lake Is Missing

bunnylake.jpg

• Like 1

Another movie I had never heard of until recent ...

Similar to Wait Until Dark, but dare I say, even better ??

See No Evil with Mia Farrow giving a 10/10 performance

see_no_evil_hs.jpg

First time viewing for Heavy Metal

http://chrisachilleos.co.uk/images/igallery/resized/1701-1800/heavy_metal_poster2-1758-850-600-80.jpg

And one of my all time favorite schlock horror films

1974's Beyond The Door ( > The Exorcist )

220px-Beyond_the_door.jpg

The First Purge. Really enjoyed it!! Edited by Todem

http://thumbs2.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/251997301641_/Kingdom-of-Heaven-Blu-ray-Disc-2009-Directors-Cut.jpg

Masterpiece

Ant-Man and the Wasp

EXCELLENT! BETTER than the first one!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

p.s. - Evangeline Lilly has me mesmerized..... :blush:

• Like 1