last movie you watched

sonicjams

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (8/10)

Far from my favourite. My least favourite.

BUT I loved every second!

• Like 1

hasn't opened here......but i'm jittery, lol

Mick

They slowed things down and brought back a real sense of horror. It works as popcorn entertainment and it in no way details the franchise like The Last Jedi did Star Wars. It's a weak entry in a strong franchise and it leaves am ending that could raise some very intriguing situations for the next film.

It reminded me a lot of the Planet Of The Apes reboot, and the spirit of the film is VERY close to the ideas raised in the first novel.

Strong. My issue is it has a horror movie vibe that would have worked better if they had the balls to steer clear of family friendly entertainment. It could have been an Aliens level action movie. It's brilliant, with some haunting visuals. Some really breathtakingly sad moments actually.

Not perfect but it ticked all the right boxes without really providing me with more. But it struck me as being the lead up to something grander, a bridge movie.

• Like 2

Mick

They slowed things down and brought back a real sense of horror. It works as popcorn entertainment and it in no way details the franchise like The Last Jedi did Star Wars. It's a weak entry in a strong franchise and it leaves am ending that could raise some very intriguing situations for the next film.

It reminded me a lot of the Planet Of The Apes reboot, and the spirit of the film is VERY close to the ideas raised in the first novel.

Strong. My issue is it has a horror movie vibe that would have worked better if they had the balls to steer clear of family friendly entertainment. It could have been an Aliens level action movie. It's brilliant, with some haunting visuals. Some really breathtakingly sad moments actually.

Not perfect but it ticked all the right boxes without really providing me with more. But it struck me as being the lead up to something grander, a bridge movie.

The JP franchise is 2-1 with me. I skipped 3 because of 2 which I thought was TOO dumb to enjoy. (Dumb but very enjoyable would be something like Tremors.)

The new JP hasn’t yet arrived in cinemas here.

• Like 1

Mick

The JP franchise is 2-1 with me. I skipped 3 because of 2 which I thought was TOO dumb to enjoy. (Dumb but very enjoyable would be something like Tremors.)

Tremors! :heart: :heart:

• Like 1

Mick

I was 3 when Jurassic Park came out and 6 when The Lost World came out, 10 when 3 came out.

These films are like Star Wars to me. I don't care how dumb they are I can just turn my mind off and enjoy the ride.

Mick

I was 3 when Jurassic Park came out and 6 when The Lost World came out, 10 when 3 came out.

These films are like Star Wars to me. I don't care how dumb they are I can just turn my mind off and enjoy the ride.

Just found out it came out overseas. Have yet to see 3 but I’ll get to it soon since the whole trilogy is gonna be available on Showtime On Demand next month. Lost World is the worst and worst Spielberg movie.

220px-Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot_poster.png

Quite possibly the best vampire movie I've ever seen ... No budget, no BS and 100x more movie packed into 71 minutes than Francis Ford Crapala could even hope to make

1970s "Vampire Doll"

vampire_doll_poster.jpg

The Martian

Meh.....it was mostly a bore. The crying people in the control center .... never seen that before! :P

Project Elrond...... did Sean Bean wince when they used that? :LOL:

Logan Lucky, with Adam Driver and Channing Tatum. I never got around to seeing it last summer. It was really entertaining! Kind of a grand heist movie, but it felt very, very much like a Coen brothers movie. I had to look to be sure it wasn't!