Jump to content


last movie you watched


  • Please log in to reply
14819 replies to this topic

#14581 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Sponsored Post

#14582 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31675 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

#14583 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

:P

#14584 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31675 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

:P

;)

Really though, I feel the ONLY thing they got right was the Hulk-speak.

Comedic Thor, no.
Whole comedic tone, no.
Valkyrie, no.
Grandmaster, hell no.

No dammit no! :hail:


#14585 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

:P

;)

Really though, I feel the ONLY thing they got right was the Hulk-speak.

Comedic Thor, no.
Whole comedic tone, no.
Valkyrie, no.
Grandmaster, hell no.

No dammit no! :hail:

I didn't get the Grandmaster either. Jeff Goldblum was just being... Jeff Goldblum.

#14586 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 18268 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostBabycat, on 07 March 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

:P

;)

Really though, I feel the ONLY thing they got right was the Hulk-speak.

Comedic Thor, no.
Whole comedic tone, no.
Valkyrie, no.
Grandmaster, hell no.

No dammit no! :hail:

I didn't get the Grandmaster either. Jeff Goldblum was just being... Jeff Goldblum.

Uh, isn’t he, yeah, um, always his usual, um, yeah, self?

#14587 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31675 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 07 March 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 07 March 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

:P

;)

Really though, I feel the ONLY thing they got right was the Hulk-speak.

Comedic Thor, no.
Whole comedic tone, no.
Valkyrie, no.
Grandmaster, hell no.

No dammit no! :hail:

I didn't get the Grandmaster either. Jeff Goldblum was just being... Jeff Goldblum.

Uh, isn’t he, yeah, um, always his usual, um, yeah, self?

Pretty much. He might be passable in other flicks but not in a sci-fi superhero movie where he’s an Elder of the Universe with cosmic powers. I read an article which stated that director Taiki Waititi instructed Goldblum to “make the character his own”. This really translates to “I don’t know anything about the character either so do what the hell you want with it.” The result was a clear showing of laziness with no respect given to the character or its original creator.

#14588 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

Another Oscar nominee and winner:  Get Out

#14589 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 11115 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

View Postgoose, on 07 March 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Another Oscar nominee and winner:  Get Out


:ebert:  or   :boo hiss:  ?

#14590 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 82030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 07 March 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 07 March 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 07 March 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thor: Ragnarok. Twice.

Why torture yourself? :P

:P

;)

Really though, I feel the ONLY thing they got right was the Hulk-speak.

Comedic Thor, no.
Whole comedic tone, no.
Valkyrie, no.
Grandmaster, hell no.

No dammit no! :hail:

I didn't get the Grandmaster either. Jeff Goldblum was just being... Jeff Goldblum.

Uh, isn’t he, yeah, um, always his usual, um, yeah, self?

Pretty much. He might be passable in other flicks but not in a sci-fi superhero movie where he’s an Elder of the Universe with cosmic powers. I read an article which stated that director Taiki Waititi instructed Goldblum to “make the character his own”. This really translates to “I don’t know anything about the character either so do what the hell you want with it.” The result was a clear showing of laziness with no respect given to the character or its original creator.

Exactly.

#14591 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:58 AM

View PostPrincipled Man, on 07 March 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 07 March 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Another Oscar nominee and winner:  Get Out


:ebert:  or   :boo hiss:  ?
Mostly :ebert: , especially if you like Twilight Zone-style mysteries.

#14592 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 33809 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:32 PM

Hannibal (8/10)

#14593 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 20003 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

View Postgoose, on 02 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Godfather, Godfather 2.
I did that a couple of weekend ago.  I never get tired of watching them.

#14594 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 08 March 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 02 March 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Godfather, Godfather 2.
I did that a couple of weekend ago.  I never get tired of watching them.
:cheers:

#14595 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19045 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon [8/10]

Very entertaining and insightful.

#14596 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    So Far So Good

  • Members *
  • 2208 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

The Frisco Kid

I don't want to hurt you! I just want to make you kosher!

#14597 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

    So Far So Good

  • Members *
  • 2208 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Event Horizon
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

King Kong circa 1976

(because, you know, Jeff Bridges)

Jessica Lange acts stoned through the whole thing and quite obviously that's a man in an ape suit.  But I love this version, most, of any of them  Probably because i saw it in the theaters at the tender age of 7 (I really have no idea how that happened, though.  I think it was on w/ something else as a double feature) and it stuck w/ me that that was the way it King Kong was supposed to be.

#14598 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 20003 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostReRushed, on 08 March 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon [8/10]

Very entertaining and insightful.
I watched that a week or two ago and I loved it! 9/10 for me.

#14599 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 11805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostAlien Girl, on 10 March 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

King Kong circa 1976

(because, you know, Jeff Bridges)

Jessica Lange acts stoned through the whole thing and quite obviously that's a man in an ape suit.  But I love this version, most, of any of them  Probably because i saw it in the theaters at the tender age of 7 (I really have no idea how that happened, though.  I think it was on w/ something else as a double feature) and it stuck w/ me that that was the way it King Kong was supposed to be.

My parents took us to see it New Year's Eve 1976 !!   ... I 've got a sentimental attachment too, but probably more because of the laughing the entire car ride home :lol:

#14600 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 11805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Francesca

Not Oscar nominated, but the Onetti Bros are gallantly reviving the giallo

A shitload of style and the music is straight out of Goblin circa 1975

Posted Image

Edited by Lucas, 10 March 2018 - 03:06 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users