last movie you watched

sonicjams

The greastest Showman

What a mess. Barely any story. you learn Nothing about ANY character.

yet some of the BEST most gorgeously shot musical numbers i've seen in a musical movie.

F for the movie itself

A+ for the musical numbers.

Mick

This is one of those times I think people just needed to relax and enjoy a spectacle. The film is great as a bit of fluff. I enjoyed it for that.

i relaxed every time a number came on......but come on dude the film was shit.....no two ways about it.

but i' ll give you this.......i've never had so much fun at shit.

Mick

Oh it is, like a granny friendly Rock Of Ages!

Hostiles_film_poster.jpg

How was it? From the previews it looked like a great story, but very violent.

The American West itself is a character in this movie -- many scenes of breathtaking natural beauty. Character development was pretty thin; you get just enough to understand why Bale's character is so tortured by internal demons (think Tom Cruise's character in The Last Samurai). The overall plot is very similar to National Lampoon's Vacation meets Lemony Snicket in that there's a long distance journey punctuated by a series of unfortunate events.

Wes Studi is somewhat wasted, unfortunately. He's a fine actor, but the script gives him a very stereotypical "token Indian" role.

Overall, I'd give it a C-

Edited by JARG

Sometimes expectations can spoil a film, but in the case of The Wailing, I think my disappointment is justified ..

What could have been . . . . a beautifull shot, sometimes incredible let down ... Comedic overtones, ritualistic murders and the devil himself don;t mix ..

large_z3EBP9HJbVKAKrf1kAZx6yIYme9.jpg

Sometimes expectations can spoil a film, but in the case of The Wailing, I think my disappointment is justified ..

What could have been . . . . a beautifull shot, sometimes incredible let down ... Comedic overtones, ritualistic murders and the devil himself don;t mix ..

large_z3EBP9HJbVKAKrf1kAZx6yIYme9.jpg

Aw man, sorry you didn't like that one. I loved it.

• Like 1

Dead Man Walking. I had never seen it before and it was even more intense than I realized. Sean Penn was excellent and I think he should have won an Oscar for this role (he was nominated.). Of course I was watching it at one in the morning and then couldn't get to sleep afterward!
  • Like 1

Dead Man Walking. I had never seen it before and it was even more intense than I realized. Sean Penn was excellent and I think he should have won an Oscar for this role (he was nominated.). Of course I was watching it at one in the morning and then couldn't get to sleep afterward!

Beating out Cage in Leaving Las Vegas? Yeah, I’d go with that.

Penn’s got some quality movies & performances spread out over the years. Carlito’s Way, Mystic River, and Milk are other very good ones to catch if you haven’t already.

In the DVD commentary for Mystic River, Kevin Bacon and Tim Robbins are talking about how intense Penn was in one scene in particular (the one where he’s being held down by police). Robbins, an an Academy award winner himself for that film, said he thought Penn was going to have a heart attack (or something similar) due to his intensity in that scene. Bacon laughed, agreed, and said something like, “Oh god yeah for sure. He really brought it.”

• Like 1